PDA

View Full Version : Important-Great read!

klaatu
08-22-2006, 08:36 AM
When you get the time ... read this ... this guy is right on the mark ....

http://globalpolitician.com/articledes.asp?ID=1981&cid=2&sid=4

Damocles
08-22-2006, 08:41 AM
How long is it?

klaatu
08-22-2006, 08:44 AM
“No one who is honestly assessing the decline of U.S. leverage around the world due to our energy dependence can fail to see that energy is the albatross of U.S. national security.”
Senator Richard Lugar, a Republican from Indiana

klaatu
08-22-2006, 08:45 AM
How long is it?

You'll probably need a few minutes .. put aside at least 10 for absorbing ...

klaatu
08-22-2006, 01:52 PM
This is so well said ..and I have to think that the cost of fast tracking Energy Independence, every which way possible which would include Alternative Fuels, Solar, nuclear and drilling in politically unpopular area's would be much less the the projected cost of this War ...

in this articles conclusion.. the author states "The West and particularly America cannot maintain our economy by assuming that the developing world along with the “recycle” of oil wealth will continue to provide a market for debt and our energy resources without extracting the huge price of our security, freedom and liberty. Spreading democracy requires us to take responsibility for our financing and energy needs. A program leading to Energy Independence is both feasible and desirable. The risk is failing to act now to make the world a safer and environmentally sustainable place for our children to grow up."

uscitizen
08-22-2006, 02:04 PM
This is so well said ..and I have to think that the cost of fast tracking Energy Independence, every which way possible which would include Alternative Fuels, Solar, nuclear and drilling in politically unpopular area's would be much less the the projected cost of this War ...
//

Good article and I fully agree. Plus it would boost our economy instead of Iraq's. Well at least help to offset the costs some anyway.

klaatu
08-22-2006, 02:41 PM
//

Good article and I fully agree. Plus it would boost our economy instead of Iraq's. Well at least help to offset the costs some anyway.

Expensive short term .. but you are right .. long term it would definitley boost our economy ... .. Im glad you read it ... :)

Care4all
08-22-2006, 03:41 PM
us investing in alternatives available in our own country will boost jobs, and some good jobs too with engineers, chemists along with the labor needed to put up windmills and solar panels etc....

In massachusetts we retrofitted buses and all gvt vehicles with alternative energy focus....spent the money upfront but will save in the long run for the fuel these vehicles use...

this could give us a return near immediately on Jobs, and then in the long run on energy costs and also give us homeland security..

also, if we dumped alot in to this, then we would be the leaders in the world in alternative fuel technology and get world wide business from that... no? :)

ps. sorry...haven't read the article yet so I am sorta guessing on the topic....lol...

sorry if I am way off base! :D