PDA

View Full Version : What does 9-11 have to do with Iraq... BUSH: "Nuthing"

Jarod
08-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Anyone catch that part of todays press conference?

uscitizen
08-21-2006, 11:24 PM
I hope dixie did not miss it :)

Jarod
08-22-2006, 06:11 AM
Poor Dixie, if he did see it he would have no choice but to call Bush a Terrorist loving turbo lib...

uscitizen
08-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Dixie is very good at ignoring news he does not like.

Damocles
08-22-2006, 08:26 AM
I just can't see how this is news? The same question asked and answered in the same manner as I saw on an interview a while back...

They are getting into repetitive questioning now and I'm supposed to be all shocked? I don't get it, what is this thread for anyway?

Damocles
08-22-2006, 08:26 AM
(LOL... Had a picture of Homer Simpson, "What where am I? Do you want Old Man Damocles with his finger on the button?")

Jarod
08-22-2006, 08:31 AM
The reason its news it because the Turbo-Cons still refuse to belive it, they wont listen to Bush when he says it and refuse to admit he said it!

Bush merges 9-11 with Iraq in every speech he makes but when asked outright denies a connection. Its news because Bush's rhetoric is inconsistant with his direct answers, and it fools the far right every time!

uscitizen
08-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Those still following bush are obviously not bright enough to figure it out.

Jarod
08-22-2006, 09:00 AM
ITs news because Bush continues to be intentionally misleading with his rhetoric.

Cypress
08-22-2006, 09:07 AM
GEORGE BUSH: "You can't distinguish between al Qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror!"

-DICK CHENEY: "It's been pretty well confirmed that Mohammed Atta met with Iraqi intelligence in Prague!"

-DICK CHENEY: "If we're successful in Iraq . . . then we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11."

-GEORGE BUSH: "By invading Iraq, we've removed an ally of al qaeda!"

Jarod
08-22-2006, 09:15 AM
GEORGE BUSH: "You can't distinguish between al Qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror!"

-DICK CHENEY: "It's been pretty well confirmed that Mohammed Atta met with Iraqi intelligence in Prague!"

-DICK CHENEY: "If we're successful in Iraq . . . then we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11."

-GEORGE BUSH: "By invading Iraq, we've removed an ally of al qaeda!"

YESTERDAY...

Q: What does 9-11 have to do with Iraq?
BUSH: NUTHING.

Damocles
08-22-2006, 09:16 AM
When you talk about the war on terror. One is an event, the other is a current war...

To say that means that Iraq is about 9/11 is ridiculous spin...

And the "ally" thing... Please. That's like saying it is Israel's fault when we went into Somalia. They are an ally, but that doesn't mean that they are involved in every action we take. The same could be said of another ally...

These are just silly attempts to associate the two by the opposition, not even one of those says that Iraq was involved in 9/11.

Cypress
08-22-2006, 09:25 AM
When you talk about the war on terror. One is an event, the other is a current war...

And the "ally" thing... Please. That's like saying it is Israel's fault when we went into Somalia. They are an ally, but that doesn't mean that they are involved in every action we take. The same could be said of another ally...

These are just silly attempts to associate the two by the opposition, not even one of those says that Iraq was involved in 9/11.

First of all, leaving aside that most of those were lies (i.e, al qaeda was an ally of Iraq), lets remind ourselves that these statementents were intended to conflate iraq with al qaeda, in an attempt to mislead the american people into making the connnection Iraq-Al Qaeda-9/11.

You can be "technically" telling the truth, but still be lying if your intent is to mislead. Misleading is the very definition of a lie.

Damocles
08-22-2006, 09:31 AM
First of all, leaving aside that most of those were lies (i.e, al qaeda was an ally of Iraq), lets remind ourselves that these statementents were intended to conflate iraq with al qaeda, in an attempt to mislead the american people into making the connnection Iraq-Al Qaeda-9/11.

You can be "technically" telling the truth, but still be lying if your intent is to mislead. Misleading is the very definition of a lie.

That is my point. Restating that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 when he has said this from the beginning is bullpucky. It still doesn't change the fact he will continue to use them in close proximity in conversation...

"Associating them in the minds" of people is simply not enough of a news item to make it worthy of a news story. It is plain boring, it is repetitive, and it won't move one single person one way or the other.

OMGz!!! a politician is using words to get an idea accross!!!!! I'm stunned....

:cig:

uscitizen
08-22-2006, 09:32 AM
The situation in Iraq is a result of Bush's actions. He caused a situation where it will be very messy to pullout, thus ensuring the continued profits of the military industrial machine

uscitizen
08-22-2006, 09:33 AM

//

I think the point here is that idea was/is a lie.

Damocles
08-22-2006, 09:38 AM

//

I think the point here is that idea was/is a lie.

Except, even as you have stated, or somebody from your side in this thread, it "technically" isn't a lie. Once again, it has become pointless repetition of the most boring argument.

There are plenty of arguments to make against the war, but the "This is a lie" one is disingenuous especially when even those on your side realize it isn't "technically" a lie.

uscitizen
08-22-2006, 09:47 AM
What is the definition of sex . LOL
I think you know what I am referring to

Damocles
08-22-2006, 09:53 AM
What is the definition of sex . LOL
I think you know what I am referring to

And I think it was equally disingenuous and a waste of time, money, and energy to go after him for that...

uscitizen
08-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Nobody died when slick willie lied.

Damocles
08-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Nobody died when slick willie lied.
That depends entirely on if you believe all those attacks had nothing to do with "Wag the Dog" policy...

This is also disingenuous.

Jarod
08-22-2006, 10:14 AM

-----------------

Silly attempts that worked on the stupid Turbo-Cons!

uscitizen
08-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Yep and they still will not admit to being snookered :)

Jarod
08-22-2006, 10:16 AM
ONe was about a personal affair between two people.

The other was about a national policy relating to if we should send American Heros to die in a forign land!

OrnotBitwise
08-22-2006, 10:40 AM

These are just silly attempts to associate the two by the opposition, not even one of those says that Iraq was involved in 9/11.Just for clarification . . .

Are you saying that the administration did not attempt to conflate Iraq with 9/11? It seems to me that, at the time, they were indeed attempting to justify the invasion of Iraq by association with the 9/11/2001 attacks.

Damocles
08-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Just for clarification . . .

Are you saying that the administration did not attempt to conflate Iraq with 9/11? It seems to me that, at the time, they were indeed attempting to justify the invasion of Iraq by association with the 9/11/2001 attacks.
No, I am saying that they didn't lie while they did. The whole "he lied" thing doesn't fit here.

OrnotBitwise
08-22-2006, 10:48 AM
No, I am saying that they didn't lie while they did. The whole "he lied" thing doesn't fit here.
Yes, he did. He deliberately mislead people without stating anything that couldn't be factually defended by nit-picking ninnies.

Main Entry: 3 lie
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): lied; ly·ing /'lI-i[ng]/
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lEogan; akin to Old High German liogan to lie, Old Church Slavic lugati
intransitive verb
1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
2 : to create a false or misleading impression
transitive verb : to bring about by telling lies <lied his way out of trouble>

-- emphasis added, obviously

Cypress
08-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Presidential Finding - March 2003

Letter to Congress, outling the need for war with Iraq

March 18, 2003

Dear Mr. Speaker: (Dear Mr. President:)

....(2) acting pursuant to the Constitution and Public Law 107-243 is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001

Sincerely,

GEORGE W. BUSH

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/03/20030319-1.html

uscitizen
08-22-2006, 10:54 AM
won't make any difference with the Bushites Cypress. Even though they claim to no longer support Bush, their words betray their true feelings.
Some of the even go so far as to call themselves Libretarians :)
But they are still bushites.

Cypress
08-22-2006, 11:01 AM
won't make any difference with the Bushites Cypress. Even though they claim to no longer support Bush, their words betray their true feelings.
Some of the even go so far as to call themselves Libretarians :)
But they are still bushites.

Bush's letter to congress, outlining his decision to go to war, clearly states that his decision is consistent with confronting nations that were involved in the 9/11 attacks.

Damocles
08-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Yes, he did. He deliberately mislead people without stating anything that couldn't be factually defended by nit-picking ninnies.

Main Entry: 3 lie
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): lied; ly·ing /'lI-i[ng]/
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lEogan; akin to Old High German liogan to lie, Old Church Slavic lugati
intransitive verb
1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
2 : to create a false or misleading impression
transitive verb : to bring about by telling lies <lied his way out of trouble>

-- emphasis added, obviously

He directly stated from the beginning that there was no evidence that Iraq was involved in 9/11, that is not "a misleading impression"...

I get so tired of this inane "he lied" crap. At least point to a place where he did lie rather than this silly "if you interpret it MY way then he is a liar here!" garbage. It is tired, it takes waaaaay too long to explain and it just isn't getting you anywhere. At least point to the "We're sure there are WMD in there!" stuff.

uscitizen
08-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Denial :)

BRUTALITOPS
08-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Anyone catch that part of todays press conference?

are you retarded? He said the same thing years ago.

Sir Evil
08-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Holy shit, I totally missed this "let's pat ourselves on the back" thread!

Ok, what Bushy say on this one? did he equate Iraq & 911 again to divert attention when we knows damn well it was his matermided ways that created that fateful day? Bastard, next thing ya know hell be sending more hurricanes our way........

Cypress
08-22-2006, 07:50 PM
He directly stated from the beginning that there was no evidence that Iraq was involved in 9/11, that is not "a misleading impression"...

I get so tired of this inane "he lied" crap. At least point to a place where he did lie rather than this silly "if you interpret it MY way then he is a liar here!" garbage. It is tired, it takes waaaaay too long to explain and it just isn't getting you anywhere. At least point to the "We're sure there are WMD in there!" stuff.

No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't until after bush got his war, that bush publically stated that iraq had nothing to do with the 9/11 attack.

Cypress
08-22-2006, 07:52 PM
No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't until after bush got his war, that bush publically stated that iraq had nothing to do with the 9/11 attack.

"Bush administration on Iraq 9/11 link"

Thursday, 18 September, 2003, 12:41 GMT 13:41 UK- BBC

US President George W Bush has explicitly stated for the first time that there is no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in the 11 September attacks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3119676.stm

Jarod
08-23-2006, 12:19 PM
The dude is a liar!