PDA

View Full Version : April Fools' Day...

Damocles
03-31-2013, 11:15 PM
Precursors to the "false" holiday would include the Roman Festival of Hilaria on March 25th, which was oddly enough the Feast of Annunciation and was celebrated as the New Year's Holiday in Europe until about the 15th Century, this was a week long holiday ending on April 1st...

Some believe that this refers to the Pagan Celebrations of the New Year, but, as Sarah would know, Pagans generally celebrated the birth of a New Year at Yuletide or with Saturnalia, which would be closer to the Christians copying the Pagans again when they officially changed the New Year's Holiday to January 1st.

cancel2 2022
04-01-2013, 03:33 AM
Precursors to the "false" holiday would include the Roman Festival of Hilaria on March 25th, which was oddly enough the Feast of Annunciation and was celebrated as the New Year's Holiday in Europe until about the 15th Century, this was a week long holiday ending on April 1st...

Some believe that this refers to the Pagan Celebrations of the New Year, but, as Sarah would know, Pagans generally celebrated the birth of a New Year at Yuletide or with Saturnalia, which would be closer to the Christians copying the Pagans again when they officially changed the New Year's Holiday to January 1st.

Nice one, not so impressed by the music though!!

Mott the Hoople
04-01-2013, 05:15 AM
Nice one, not so impressed by the music though!!Uhh....Tom.....one of Sarah's nick names is "Sarah Barricuda"............as for the music........That's RnF HoF members and the god mothers of grunge "Heart". It aint supposed to be parlor music.

cancel2 2022
04-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Uhh....Tom.....one of Sarah's nick names is "Sarah Barricuda"............as for the music........That's RnF HoF members and the god mothers of grunge "Heart". It aint supposed to be parlor music.

Oh ok, I get it now. It would appear that is one little secret you Merkins kept to yourselves thankfully.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-01-2013, 03:47 PM
...how do I turn it off?

PostmodernProphet
04-01-2013, 08:59 PM
...how do I turn it off?

I'm hoping they get over it by tomorrow....that Quick Time web site must be sick of getting my crash reports by now.........

Don Quixote
04-02-2013, 02:06 AM

i did not mind the palin bit, but the music really stank

how many 'pagan' holidays do you think that the christians co-oped

DamnYankee
04-02-2013, 06:41 AM
More Christian bashing?

BRUTALITOPS
04-02-2013, 03:14 PM
More Christian bashing?

cry more with your 2 billion cohorts.

DamnYankee
04-02-2013, 08:04 PM
2 billion and counting. Imagine if we were all Muslims.

BRUTALITOPS
04-02-2013, 09:42 PM
2 billion and counting. Imagine if we were all Muslims.

20% of them would be extremely violent and psychotic, and they would from their own mouths admit that they want to kill people that leave their religion

Source: http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?48369-I-ll-be-damned...the-most-brutal-of-the-Delhi-gang-rapists-is-Muslim.&p=1147753#post1147753

DamnYankee
04-02-2013, 10:27 PM
20% of them would be extremely violent and psychotic, and they would from their own mouths admit that they want to kill people that leave their religion

Source: http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?48369-I-ll-be-damned...the-most-brutal-of-the-Delhi-gang-rapists-is-Muslim.&p=1147753#post1147753

Meh. Much easier to bash on Christians.

BRUTALITOPS
04-02-2013, 10:32 PM
why not both?

DamnYankee
04-03-2013, 06:35 AM
Because the Muslims will kill you.

Damocles
04-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Because the Muslims will kill you.
That hasn't stopped anybody here.

Don Quixote
04-03-2013, 07:30 AM
That hasn't stopped anybody here.

what about those white supremacists in your area...

DamnYankee
04-03-2013, 07:34 AM
That hasn't stopped anybody here. You mean in the anonymous world of the interwebs?

Damocles
04-03-2013, 10:59 AM
You mean in the anonymous world of the interwebs?

Yeah, so anonymous that people regularly post personal information and get banned.

Seriously, If they wanted to find me because I allow it they could.

I'll start. Mohammed was a child rapist, who married 8 year old girls, he was no prophet, just an epileptic with a penchant for religious power...

Here is a nice image of him as a dog:

http://www.limitstogrowth.org/WEB-Graphics/LarsViksMoDogCartoon.jpg

Rune
04-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Meh. Much easier to bash on Christians.
Only because you are dickless pussy.

DamnYankee
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Yeah, so anonymous that people regularly post personal information and get banned.

Seriously, If they wanted to find me because I allow it they could.

I'll start. Mohammed was a child rapist, who married 8 year old girls, he was no prophet, just an epileptic with a penchant for religious power...

Here is a nice image of him as a dog:

http://www.limitstogrowth.org/WEB-Graphics/LarsViksMoDogCartoon.jpg

Put that on a sign board, stand in front of a mosque and see how long you can walk before someone sticks a knife in you.