PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Song of All-Time Finals

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Please vote for your choice of All-Time Greatest Song.

uscitizen
08-21-2006, 02:41 PM
None of the above.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-21-2006, 03:38 PM
We had to have a second?

That's ridiculous.

This is a flop. :)

FUCK THE POLICE
08-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I would've suggested an approval poll, because it makes little sense to restrict people to just one vote for one person in an election, but really, what options do we have in either case?

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-21-2006, 04:29 PM
us, you had two weeks to nominate a song and have someone else 'second' it, I am sorry if your song didn't qualify. Waterhead, I have no idea what you are bithcing and whining about, don't you need to check and see if Lithium is beating Ode to Joy or something? I've already said, when we have an established winner here, I'll challenge your winner, head to head. I thouhgt we had calrified that this was just for fun, and neither of us really has an 'exclusive' on the poll subject?

FUCK THE POLICE
08-21-2006, 08:45 PM
What? I had no idea we had to get a second. If I had known, I would've sent a message over to Ornot about it.

Never read that. I was just pickin' on you, kid ( :) ). What if both our polls pick "American Pie"?

Lithium beat Ode to Joy, BTW, and Hallejulah beat lithium. It's not random, it's very well structured so that the best songs will always rise to the top.

The final round is, of course, American pie vs. Hallejulah, something I probably could've seen whenever I looked at the list. American Pie killed the extremely weak song Ode to Joy, but hallejulah had a hard time against Lithium because of the large amount of uneducated simpletons on this site.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-21-2006, 09:03 PM
What? I had no idea we had to get a second. If I had known, I would've sent a message over to Ornot about it.

Go read the rules again, it states it clearly. American Pie almost didn't make the cut. I actually had to bend the rules to get that one on the list. My poll is not set to expire, so it could go on forever. I think it's a fairly good list of great songs, and in so much as you can have a 'greatest song' proclaimed, it is as good a system as any. I can't comprehend having to pick between Leonard Cohen and Nirvana, it seems a little awkward and uncomfortable to me for some reason.

uscitizen
08-21-2006, 11:19 PM
You don't have the national anthem on there dix ?

Cancel7
08-22-2006, 05:20 AM
You don't have the national anthem on there dix ?

lol

FUCK THE POLICE
08-22-2006, 05:05 PM

Go read the rules again, it states it clearly. American Pie almost didn't make the cut. I actually had to bend the rules to get that one on the list. My poll is not set to expire, so it could go on forever. I think it's a fairly good list of great songs, and in so much as you can have a 'greatest song' proclaimed, it is as good a system as any. I can't comprehend having to pick between Leonard Cohen and Nirvana, it seems a little awkward and uncomfortable to me for some reason.

If you prefer leonard Cohen over Nirvana, just vote for Cohen. It's extremely unlikely that this will hurt a more preferred choice later on unless that choice was just too weak to win anyway.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Next time I'm just going to have everyone rate the candidates 1-10... it's simpler and would probably give us better results anyone.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Come on people? Seven votes? Is this an intentional boycott or something?

LadyT
08-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Come on people? Seven votes? Is this an intentional boycott or something?

SR contacted us behind the scenes. We've got an "Underground II" going on:cof1:

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-31-2006, 08:50 AM
SR contacted us behind the scenes. We've got an "Underground II" going on:cof1:

While I would not put it past SR to do such a thing, I KNOW you aren't involved in such an underhanded covert and destructive plot! Did you vote? And if so, which song?

TRGLDTE
08-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Come on people? Seven votes? Is this an intentional boycott or something? No, it's just that the choices suck, and only seven people gave a crap to vote for any of them.

LadyT
08-31-2006, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't call any of those "The greatest of all time"

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-31-2006, 09:29 AM
No, it's just that the choices suck, and only seven people gave a crap to vote for any of them.

Well, we spent nearly three weeks nominating songs, where were you?

TRGLDTE
08-31-2006, 09:55 AM
Well, we spent nearly three weeks nominating songs, where were you? Busy...it's called having a life.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-31-2006, 10:01 AM
Busy...it's called having a life.

What song would you have liked to see in the running for Greatest Rock Song of All-Time? I thought this was a fairly good list, myself. I can't think of any great contenders that were overlooked, although there are many that one might consider 'great' songs.

TRGLDTE
08-31-2006, 10:33 AM
What song would you have liked to see in the running for Greatest Rock Song of All-Time? I thought this was a fairly good list, myself. I can't think of any great contenders that were overlooked, although there are many that one might consider 'great' songs. 5:15 - The Who
White Room - Cream
The Bomber (with Bolero version) - James Gang