PDA

View Full Version : Changes.... Forced Ignore is back...

Damocles
02-17-2013, 10:45 PM
I have installed a forced ignore feature so that if two users simply will not get along and all their "violations" are when they are "fighting" they will simply be forced to ignore each other.

I have also fixed the ignore postbit so that there is no longer a "view post" button to view a post of somebody you are ignoring. I did this so that those forced to ignore each other can't just get around it with a click.

If you are forced to ignore a user, it will ask you if you want to remove that user from your ignore list, but your ignore list will not have their name, or if it does removing it won't stop the ignore.

Howey
02-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Since I knew it was coming, thanks. It's a shame you had to delete all those posts though.

Damocles
02-17-2013, 11:21 PM
True, but I only soft deleted...

And I'll keep working on it.

canceled.2021.1
02-18-2013, 05:32 AM
I have installed a forced ignore feature so that if two users simply will not get along and all their "violations" are when they are "fighting" they will simply be forced to ignore each other.

I have also fixed the ignore postbit so that there is no longer a "view post" button to view a post of somebody you are ignoring. I did this so that those forced to ignore each other can't just get around it with a click.

If you are forced to ignore a user, it will ask you if you want to remove that user from your ignore list, but your ignore list will not have their name, or if it does removing it won't stop the ignore.

How about force ignoring someone we don't want stalking us even though we ignore them. Or I could engage a certain person and force your hand

Cancel 2016.11
02-18-2013, 05:46 AM
I see we had some bannings over the weekend. Why do people spend their weekends here? I learned way back on the BB that the freaks and nuts come out over the weekend. Mostly it's a matter of regulars drinking. A lot of people hit the bottle, for real. We had a couple, in fact you guys know them! who hit the booze so bad that for real, they cleared the whole BB on weekends. And this was a much busier board than JPP.

Anyway, go for a walk! Go for a bike ride! Take your honey out to dinner! Get some godamned perspective and stay away from the internet on weekends people!

Canceled.2014.1
02-18-2013, 06:21 AM
I see we had some bannings over the weekend. Why do people spend their weekends here? I learned way back on the BB that the freaks and nuts come out over the weekend. Mostly it's a matter of regulars drinking. A lot of people hit the bottle, for real. We had a couple, in fact you guys know them! who hit the booze so bad that for real, they cleared the whole BB on weekends. And this was a much busier board than JPP.

Anyway, go for a walk! Go for a bike ride! Take your honey out to dinner! Get some godamned perspective and stay away from the internet on weekends people!

I will usually pop in a couple of times on the weekend, but not for any length of time. But the weekend was great!! If anyone is ever in Atlanta and wants an amazing meal, find Sun In My Belly. Its a small place with the most amazing cuisine.

canceled.2021.1
02-18-2013, 07:41 AM
all in all a very useful feature.

Although, I would posit a thought. If you notice, there is one common denominator with most of the vile shit that goes on here and his name starts with an H and ends with an Owey. Of course he has his head so far up the asses of the mods that nobody sees it.

Just a thought

Cancel 2016.11
02-18-2013, 07:51 AM
I will usually pop in a couple of times on the weekend, but not for any length of time. But the weekend was great!! If anyone is ever in Atlanta and wants an amazing meal, find Sun In My Belly. Its a small place with the most amazing cuisine.

I do once in a while if I'm sick, or if he's away for the weekend, but mostly I don't. And once spring comes, forget it. Anyway looks like things must have gotten ugly.

Canceled.2014.1
02-18-2013, 07:52 AM
I do once in a while if I'm sick, or if he's away for the weekend, but mostly I don't. And once spring comes, forget it. Anyway looks like things must have gotten ugly.

I was on a birthday road trip with my g/f. But I had a few moments of internet time, so I did see some of the hostilities. It is crazy.

Minister of Truth
02-18-2013, 10:06 AM
I fucking hate how I always miss the deleted posts when they occur...

BRUTALITOPS
02-18-2013, 02:20 PM
all in all a very useful feature.

Although, I would posit a thought. If you notice, there is one common denominator with most of the vile shit that goes on here and his name starts with an H and ends with an Owey. Of course he has his head so far up the asses of the mods that nobody sees it.

Just a thought

look we only perma over super serious stuff. that's always been our policy. If we banned regular disruptive users half the board would be gone.

canceled.2021.1
02-18-2013, 05:51 PM
look we only perma over super serious stuff. that's always been our policy. If we banned regular disruptive users half the board would be gone.

Did I say you should ban him permanently? I was just making a point.

Relax man. You sure are wound tight. Darla not put out this weekend?

Canceled.2014.1
02-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Did I say you should ban him permanently? I was just making a point.

Relax man. You sure are wound tight. Darla not put out this weekend?

Haven't you heard? Darla puts out all the time to every guy who asks. Its a constant thing for her. You didn't get the password for Instant Darla Sex when you joined the forum?

canceled.2021.1
02-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Haven't you heard? Darla puts out all the time to every guy who asks. Its a constant thing for her. You didn't get the password for Instant Darla Sex when you joined the forum?

Wouldn't touch the skank with your dick and I would blame yurt

Minister of Truth
02-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Everyone blames Yurt. That's the only way this site functions is if we have Yurt to blame for every little thing that goes wrong.

Cancel 2018. 3
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
i'm so happy howey is banned