PDA

View Full Version : One on One Debates

Damocles
02-13-2013, 10:09 AM
I have installed a feature that will allow you to challenge a/some fellow poster/s to participate in a debate and activated it in the APP Forum only. This is basically an opposite of the threadban feature, you can include people you want to be able to post in the Debate Challenge rather than list people you want to BAN.

When you create such a thread, a PM will be sent in your name by the system to inform the other user of the debate challenge, please remember if somebody has you on their ignore list they won't receive your PM.

I have activated this, for now, only in the APP Forum. If you do not currently have access to that forum you will need to request it, as we only allow access to that forum on request. Some users simply don't want to have to follow those rules, if they don't have access to post they don't have to worry about them and therefore choose to remain unable to post there at all.

If you are challenged and do not have access and need it for the debate, PM one of us that are online and we'll fix that for you.

All APP Rules apply to these threads.

"Joke" debates where the user tries to ban and challenge somebody at the same time will be removed and the user creating the thread will likely lose access to APP if we see it as an issue.

As with any feature, mods will be able to moderate the thread even if they are not a participant, including posting warnings or explanations if necessary. Mods will, however, avoid posting in a thread in which they are not listed as a participant unless they have to for moderation purposes.

Thanks,

The Management

/MSG/
02-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Sweet.

Cancel 2018. 3
02-13-2013, 02:15 PM
i want to challenge zappasguitar, how do i make this happen?

Damocles
02-13-2013, 02:16 PM
You'd go to the APP Forum, start a new thread, and put GrandpasSitar in the box below for challenging somebody to a debate.

Cancel 2018. 3
02-13-2013, 02:21 PM
why not simply create a sub forum in the APP?

Damocles
02-13-2013, 02:36 PM
I may, if it becomes more popular.

BRUTALITOPS
02-13-2013, 02:57 PM
duuuuuuude we can use this for werewolf games to keep out the proles that aren't playing O_O

BRUTALITOPS
02-13-2013, 03:00 PM
There really is no reason to make a subforum for APP. 1-1 debates fits perfectly in the APP forum, and brings new value to it. Also might bring in more foot traffic.

Also damo, you might want to include in the auto message for people to request access if they dont have it.

Cancel 2018. 3
02-13-2013, 03:07 PM
i challenged him and no one can see it unless they specifically go to the APP forum. negates the purpose....imo

BRUTALITOPS
02-13-2013, 03:25 PM
you could say that about any forum yurt.

also people probably wouldn't randomly check on any random debate forum thread if it were in it's own section than if it were in APP. A subforum is a subforum.

I mean, I am not ruling out having a dedicated forum, but I think it would have to depend on it's initial popularity.

Cancel 2016.11
02-13-2013, 03:50 PM
And it's all about everyone seeing yurt.

Told ya.

Cancel 2016.11
02-13-2013, 03:51 PM
duuuuuuude we can use this for werewolf games to keep out the proles that aren't playing O_O

With all of the insults that fly back and forth during werewolf?

Cancel 2018. 3
02-13-2013, 04:00 PM
snarla

shut up dummy

ZappasGuitar
02-13-2013, 04:21 PM
And it's all about everyone seeing yurt.

Told ya.

he's trying to goad me into another one of his "debates" right now.

I told him once again that if he can't even answer a single question with any honesty, I certainly can't expect him to respond repeatedly with anything resembling honesty for an entire debate.

BRUTALITOPS
02-13-2013, 04:25 PM
if everyone goes to the APP forum you can see a debate about debating between yurt and zappas. Riveting Stuff.

Damocles
02-13-2013, 04:32 PM

Indeed. We, as Mods, can even remove people from the list as they are killed off.

/MSG/
02-13-2013, 04:41 PM
if everyone goes to the APP forum you can see a debate about debating between yurt and zappas. Riveting Stuff.

CNN quality shit there.

/MSG/
02-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Dude, we talk all this shit about WW, but we haven't played in almost a fucking year. We need another game.

Cancel 2018. 3
02-13-2013, 05:00 PM
i tried

Cancel 2018. 3
02-13-2013, 05:23 PM
it would not matter if i picked a topic damo, he simply doesn't want to debate. thank you for closing the thread. i made a new thread for shy guy as he indicated interest in the idea.

Damocles
02-13-2013, 05:25 PM
With all of the insults that fly back and forth during werewolf?

We'd probably activate it in another area for the interim of the game.

ZappasGuitar
02-13-2013, 05:27 PM
it would not matter if i picked a topic damo, he simply doesn't want to debate. thank you for closing the thread. i made a new thread for shy guy as he indicated interest in the idea.

Oh I do want to debate...I just want to debate someone whose word I can trust.

Cancel 2018. 3
02-13-2013, 05:40 PM

i offered you the opportunity and you shat on it per your usual.

you're a sad sack dude. and you talking about trusting someone's word....LMAO. you are a proven liar zappa. you could have simply cut the whiny bullshit that you spew and debated me and made me look like a fool.....but noooooooooo...you are only capable of petty derision and whining.

Howey
02-13-2013, 05:41 PM

No, you didn't.

so you're running away again? pick the topic zappasguitar and stop whining about non-existent stuff.

This is why I, and Zappa...as well as everyone else on this forum won't debate you.

You are nothing but a mere troll. You will never be anything but a troll. You contribute absolutely nothing to this forum other than trollng and whining.

A hell of a lot of whining.

Go away.

ZappasGuitar
02-14-2013, 11:37 AM
i offered you the opportunity and you shat on it per your usual.

you're a sad sack dude. and you talking about trusting someone's word....LMAO. you are a proven liar zappa. you could have simply cut the whiny bullshit that you spew and debated me and made me look like a fool.....but noooooooooo...you are only capable of petty derision and whining.

But see, the thing is, I didn't have to debate you to make you look like a fool...you do that to yourself better than I ever could.

Your whiny refusal to answer a simple, straightforward question demonstrated to everyone what a gutless fool you truly are and that you were never interested in open, honest debate, just in the same tired taunts and derision that hurl at everyone day after day.

Howey
02-14-2013, 11:44 AM
But see, the thing is, I didn't have to debate you to make you look like a fool...you do that to yourself better than I ever could.

Your whiny refusal to answer a simple, straightforward question demonstrated to everyone what a gutless fool you truly are and that you were never interested in open, honest debate, just in the same tired taunts and derision that hurl at everyone day after day.

Amen, brotha, amen...

Howey
02-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Dude, we talk all this shit about WW, but we haven't played in almost a fucking year. We need another game.

Yeah..you told me about that. When are we going to do it?

ZappasGuitar
02-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Yeah..you told me about that. When are we going to do it?

I guess it can be fun...I've never played, but I have sat back and watched a couple games where USF and ButtHurtYurt spent most of the game sniping at each other like a couple of pissy little crybabies over tiny little details others would just ignore and/or let slide.

Howey
02-14-2013, 06:43 PM
I guess it can be fun...I've never played, but I have sat back and watched a couple games where USF and ButtHurtYurt spent most of the game sniping at each other like a couple of pissy little crybabies over tiny little details others would just ignore and/or let slide.

In that case, count me out. I don't deal with the trolls.

BRUTALITOPS
02-14-2013, 08:22 PM
no howey, you are playing. you'll love it. even darla plays.

I'm Watermark
02-14-2013, 09:58 PM

I'll be happy to debate you, provided we can find something to disagree on...

/MSG/
02-14-2013, 11:28 PM

Man, it's gonna be hard for me to play with half the players on my Ignore List.

Howey
02-15-2013, 01:16 AM

Ok. I'll do it!

Minister of Truth
02-15-2013, 02:11 AM
APP is still gay.

Don Quixote
02-15-2013, 02:55 AM
damo

how many people besides me start threads on app, just curious

I'm Watermark
02-15-2013, 08:19 AM
damo

how many people besides me start threads on app, just curious

Very few, but I have access now, so I'll be joining you. :)

Don Quixote
02-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Very few, but I have access now, so I'll be joining you. :)

:)

Cancel 2016.11
02-15-2013, 09:46 AM

What does it mean "even darla plays"??

Even the sour darla plays? I am probably the funnest person on this board IRL. First of all, I have no personality disorders and I am not a hermit, so that puts me two up on 75% of the board. If. Not. More.

Damocles
02-15-2013, 10:47 AM

Even the sour darla plays? I am probably the funnest person on this board IRL. First of all, I have no personality disorders and I am not a hermit, so that puts me two up on 75% of the board. If. Not. More.

My personality disorders are useful, don't be dissing on the personality disorders.

ZappasGuitar
02-15-2013, 02:16 PM
I'll be happy to debate you, provided we can find something to disagree on...

what about this?

Star Wars episodes 1-3...Are they any Good?

I will take the "Yes they are" viewpoint.

/MSG/
02-15-2013, 02:20 PM
what about this?

Oh I'll take that on.

BRUTALITOPS
02-15-2013, 02:41 PM

ahahaha that's funny how that came out.

I meant it more along the lines that even you play in spite of the fact that usfreedom and yurt play it

Howey
02-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Oh I'll take that on.

Oh noooooo! Y'all should do Stars Wars vs. star Trek!!!! I' ll be a judge for that one because I'm 50-50.

ZappasGuitar
02-15-2013, 04:04 PM
APP is still gay.

And there is no better authority regarding what is gay than a guy whose avatar is a Dandy peanut with a Top Hat, a monocle, Spats and a cane.

I'm Watermark
02-15-2013, 04:56 PM
what about this?

This is a political site, so how about the biggest challenge faced by the US? :challengeaccepted: