PDA

View Full Version : He had everything but decided to be a stereotype.

Socrtease
08-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Michael Vick. Looks like he will take a plea that will subject him only to 1 year behind bars. That is IF the Judge accepts the plea agreement. In Federal Court they don't always.

Beefy
08-14-2007, 09:22 PM
I would if I was him. The guy ruined himself. He knew he'd be strung up if placed in front of a jury of retards.

uscitizen
08-15-2007, 05:58 AM
Yeah and people pretty much worshipped this guy ;)
Just goes to show how wrong worshipping any human is.

Topspin
08-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Racist

uscitizen
08-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Assholes come in all colors.

Socrtease
08-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Racist

There is nothing Racist here. There is a difference in believing the stereotype, which I don't, and Michael Vick's embracing the stereotype himself and behaving as if he is a gangbanging thug who fights dogs. I don't understand why anyone embraces the stereotypes that people have about what ever category of the human race we come from. There are black celebs everywhere that are saying the same thing. Cosby wants to know why so many black males wish to embrace the image of a man that impregnates a woman and then walks away from his responsibilities. It is not racist to question these types of behaviors.

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-18-2007, 04:55 AM
There is nothing Racist here. There is a difference in believing the stereotype, which I don't, and Michael Vick's embracing the stereotype himself and behaving as if he is a gangbanging thug who fights dogs. I don't understand why anyone embraces the stereotypes that people have about what ever category of the human race we come from. There are black celebs everywhere that are saying the same thing. Cosby wants to know why so many black males wish to embrace the image of a man that impregnates a woman and then walks away from his responsibilities. It is not racist to question these types of behaviors.

But it's culturalist. That's wrong too. WHo says paternal responsiblity is a plus? Any assertion that fathers are valuable is also sexist.

uscitizen
08-18-2007, 07:00 AM
But it's culturalist. That's wrong too. WHo says paternal responsiblity is a plus? Any assertion that fathers are valuable is also sexist.

You had a horrible childhood it would appear. So sorry, but you need to learn the real world.
AHZ, is anything in the world going right in your view ?

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-18-2007, 07:18 AM
You had a horrible childhood it would appear. So sorry, but you need to learn the real world.
AHZ, is anything in the world going right in your view ?

Yep. I'm making you look like a fool many times a day. It rocks.:clink:

Carry on, shitknob.

uscitizen
08-18-2007, 08:12 AM

Carry on, shitknob.

I welcome what you call making me look like a fool. Keep on boosting my reputation guy.

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-18-2007, 08:21 AM
I welcome what you call making me look like a fool. Keep on boosting my reputation guy.

I'm glad you're happy too!:)

doniston
08-18-2007, 10:47 AM

Carry on, shitknob. You have a very vivid and erroneous imagination. It is usually you who ends up looking like a fool (or an ignoramus)

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-18-2007, 10:53 AM
You have a very vivid and erroneous imagination. It is usually you who ends up looking like a fool (or an ignoramus)

No donna, it's you who appears intellectually subpar on a regular basis.

OrnotBitwise
08-18-2007, 11:21 AM
I would if I was him. The guy ruined himself. He knew he'd be strung up if placed in front of a jury of retards.It's so stupidly sad. It's his brother that's supposed to be the fuckup; Michael is the smart and admirable one. That's the way it's supposed to be. Didn't he read the script?

I think I'm beginning to understand how people -- well, sports fans, anyway -- in the rest of the world feel about Barry Bonds. I truly looked up to Vick. I'm not prone to hero worship but I always rooted for him and his team -- unless they were playing the Niners, of course. Now he's just another scumbag.

:(

Timshel
08-18-2007, 01:20 PM
I know what you are saying, but Bonds does not compare. Bonds was not torturing horses to get his juice, if in fact he was on steroids (I believe he was).

Vick was limited anyways. He was capable of taking a team only so far and since his ego and salary were so large he was unable to allow the team to move beyond where his talents took and limited them too. A good defense, the Bucs, had him beat easily.

Timshel
08-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Bonds on the other hand is a phenomenal player with or without roids, though basing a team on him alone can't work either.

doniston
08-18-2007, 01:46 PM
No donna, it's you who appears intellectually subpar on a regular basis. donna again? look who has just proved he is subpar (Here's a clue--- IT AINT ME)

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-18-2007, 01:50 PM
donna again? look who has just proved he is subpar (Here's a clue--- IT AINT ME)

No. It IS you.

uscitizen
08-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Who cares about Bonds or Vicks....

doniston
08-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Who cares about Bonds or Vicks.... I sure don't, and without knowing more, I can't convict Vicks either. I have also put down dogs and other animals when necessary--- However it does appear that he has broken "some" law here.

Timshel
08-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Who cares about opera, great music or art. If you two don't like sports, the go play with your butt plugs and leave us to our "trivial" interests.

OrnotBitwise
08-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Bonds on the other hand is a phenomenal player with or without roids, though basing a team on him alone can't work either.
Agreed. I've enjoyed watching him play for many years. I find myself looking forward to his retirement though. Much as I hate to admit it, I doubt that my favorite team is ever really going to progress until he does.

:(

Timshel
08-18-2007, 06:43 PM
With Bonds, unlike Vick, I don't think he is holding the team back as much as there is little reason for the Giants ownership to move forward with him. With Bonds, the Giants can stink, sell tickets and few really care. They do have a terrific stadium as well, but I don't think that will fill the seats alone.

I prefer the A's and their sorry stadium. Even though it doesn't look like they will compete this year, Billy Beans knows hows to put together a team.

Damocles
08-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Have you seen side by side pictures of Bonds before the 1999 season and currently? The head growth alone points to heavy steroid usage, you'd have to be completely ignorant of side effects not to see their effect on his appearance.

OrnotBitwise
08-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Have you seen side by side pictures of Bonds before the 1999 season and currently? The head growth alone points to heavy steroid usage, you'd have to be completely ignorant of side effects not to see their effect on his appearance.Not to be obnoxious or anything but so what? Considering how prevalent steroid abuse is in the majors, what's the big deal? As one of our local sportscasters pointed out years ago, if steroids could make a home run hitter, Marvin Benard would lead the league in homers every year. Instead, he's out of the game.

Hank Aaron himself has validated Bonds' accomplishment. That, I submit, should be good enough for anyone.

Damocles
08-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Not to be obnoxious or anything but so what? Considering how prevalent steroid abuse is in the majors, what's the big deal? As one of our local sportscasters pointed out years ago, if steroids could make a home run hitter, Marvin Benard would lead the league in homers every year. Instead, he's out of the game.

Hank Aaron himself has validated Bonds' accomplishment. That, I submit, should be good enough for anyone.
LOL. "I hope this drives others to break your record" is basically what he said. I don't think he was all that thrilled. You think he is so perfect that he would never be convinced to do something politically savvy?

I personally don't give a rat's butt, but it is clear to me that he has by the evidence that I presented. In order to beat the pitchers who juice and the outfielders who juice, etc. it seems that even the Bambino would juice. It doesn't mean that I would ever present him as a hero to my son (if I had one) or daughter. I would hope that they wouldn't learn from him that cheating is the only way. The drugs may not be banned by baseball but they are illegal.

uscitizen
08-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah well I never was impressed with the records in Ripleys either ;)

Timshel
08-18-2007, 11:28 PM
ARod is likely to beat it.

Bonds would have been in the chase for it with or without roids. If roids did anything for him that put him over the top then it was in longevity and making him better able to play more games late in his career. He is a terrific hitter and always was. Roids can't do that for you and with roids many others still could not break the record.

Aaron's record may well have fallen before if Baseball had not moved to cavernous stadiums in the 70s. Remember the Astrodome. Now things have shifted back to more reasonable sized parks, yet other lefties have real trouble in SF.

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-19-2007, 05:27 AM
ARod is likely to beat it.

Bonds would have been in the chase for it with or without roids. If roids did anything for him that put him over the top then it was in longevity and making him better able to play more games late in his career. He is a terrific hitter and always was. Roids can't do that for you and with roids many others still could not break the record.

Aaron's record may well have fallen before if Baseball had not moved to cavernous stadiums in the 70s. Remember the Astrodome. Now things have shifted back to more reasonable sized parks, yet other lefties have real trouble in SF.

Though you're intelligent on banking issue, you're a stooge on this one.

"Roids made no difference". Bullcrap,

OrnotBitwise
08-19-2007, 12:17 PM
LOL. "I hope this drives others to break your record" is basically what he said. I don't think he was all that thrilled. You think he is so perfect that he would never be convinced to do something politically savvy?

I personally don't give a rat's butt, but it is clear to me that he has by the evidence that I presented. In order to beat the pitchers who juice and the outfielders who juice, etc. it seems that even the Bambino would juice. It doesn't mean that I would ever present him as a hero to my son (if I had one) or daughter. I would hope that they wouldn't learn from him that cheating is the only way. The drugs may not be banned by baseball but they are illegal.I don't have sports heroes. sports -- especially professional sports -- does not produce heroic figures. It's foolish to look to professional sports for role models.

I do enjoy watching professional sports and there are individual athletes whom I admire or simply enjoy watching more than others. Bonds is in that category, as are Brett Favre, John Elway, Jerry Rice, Omar Vizquel and Baron Davis, among many others. So too was Michael Vick, though now I'll never be able to watch him again without seeing someone who tortures animals for pleasure. Kind of spoils the pleasure, alas.

uscitizen
08-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Yeah kind of why I do not keep op on entertainer gossip or watch music videos. I would have to think of how the mangy tatooed band looked like when I heard the music.

If I was forced to watch the videos everytime I heard the song I would swap to classical.

Timshel
08-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Though you're intelligent on banking issue, you're a stooge on this one.

"Roids made no difference". Bullcrap,

Not really what I said.

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-20-2007, 05:10 AM
Not really what I said.

Oh yeah. "THey merely extended his career", also bullcrap.:cof1:

Timshel
08-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Oh yeah. "THey merely extended his career", also bullcrap.:cof1:

Well, at least you are to half of it now.

They also would have enabled him to avoid/overcome injury. If they improved his hitting it was not by much. He also worked out 4 hours a day. Add to that a lot of work in the cages working on his swing. It's not as if he popped a pill, sat around watching Days of Our Lives and, bam, he became a great hitter. He was a lways a great hitter and he worked hard on his game.

Damocles
08-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Well, at least you are to half of it now.

They also would have enabled him to avoid/overcome injury. If they improved his hitting it was not by much. He also worked out 4 hours a day. Add to that a lot of work in the cages working on his swing. It's not as if he popped a pill, sat around watching Days of Our Lives and, bam, he became a great hitter. He was a lways a great hitter and he worked hard on his game.
It would also allow him to recover from workouts more quickly, and the statistical average of more strength in a good hitter = more HRs can be clearly shown.

His talent to hit would be enhanced by strength for the specific record that he was aiming at.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-21-2007, 05:04 PM

Most of the people who fight dogs around here are rednecks.

Battleborne
08-21-2007, 05:07 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but Dog and Rooster fighting is way popular and legal in Latin countries as well as say the Phillipins..whats with the Redneck comment?

doniston
08-21-2007, 06:22 PM

I personally don't give a rat's butt, but it is clear to me that he has by the evidence that I presented. In order to beat the pitchers who juice and the outfielders who juice, etc. it seems that even the Bambino would juice. It doesn't mean that I would ever present him as a hero to my son (if I had one) or daughter. I would hope that they wouldn't learn from him that cheating is the only way. The drugs may not be banned by baseball but they are illegal. i have a unioque Idea about sports heros, and to me there are none who have to rely on another part of a team. Heros are individual. thus, I certainly would place bind above vinc cause nobody is holdin that bat but the hitter. no thrower, no receiver, no blockers. just him. However, I would never ever place any sports figue as a hero or roll model for children. IMO, Strength is not hero prone,"Heart," and intergety is Steroids don't play any part in those atributes..

doniston
08-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but Dog and Rooster fighting is way popular and legal in Latin countries as well as say the Phillipins..whats with the Redneck comment? Now there was a distict case of steriotyping.

uscitizen
08-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Same thing here dog fighting and cockfighting are low class redneck sports.
although sometimes republicans show up ant the cockfights and leave dissapointed because it was not what they expected ;)

doniston
08-21-2007, 08:22 PM
although sometimes republicans show up ant the cockfights and leave dissapointed because it was not what they expected ;)

"DUH"

Cancel5
08-21-2007, 08:30 PM

Ahahah, I am dying here...did you here that Karl Rove father was gay and a guy claims to have his gold cock ring.

Insomnia, you can here some crazy things on talk radio!

Socrtease
08-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Here in New Mexico, Cock fighting and Dog fighting are primarily lower income sports. Blacks whites and Hispanics are all involved in both sports. When New Mexico banned Cock fighting statewide this year a suit was filed in state court claiming that the ban violates the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, which says that no part of the hispanic culture will be proscribed or violated. There is an article about it here http://banderasnews.com/0707/nw-nmcockfighters.htm

uscitizen
08-22-2007, 05:35 AM
Here in New Mexico, Cock fighting and Dog fighting are primarily lower income sports. Blacks whites and Hispanics are all involved in both sports. When New Mexico banned Cock fighting statewide this year a suit was filed in state court claiming that the ban violates the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, which says that no part of the hispanic culture will be proscribed or violated. There is an article about it here http://banderasnews.com/0707/nw-nmcockfighters.htm

So I guess the Hispanics will next sue to protect the way they treat women ?

Blackwater Lunchbreak
08-22-2007, 08:41 AM
So I guess the Hispanics will next sue to protect the way they treat women ?

stop being a culturalist, all ways of living are equally valid. (tm)

Battleborne
08-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Now there was a distict case of steriotyping.

Damn...and here I was lead to believe it was a legal cultural thing in Latin countries...oh well,here I will really make your day donny...They also eat the roosters(cocks) and the dogs in these countries...however do 'rednecks' eat dogs? Maybe a road kill chicken from time to time...but I doubt their hunting dogs are eaten! So which would this be a cultural thing or a "steriotyping" thing?:rolleyes:

uscitizen
08-22-2007, 08:30 PM
stop being a culturalist, all ways of living are equally valid. (tm)
Not in one country. Unless you desire chaos and anarchy.

Timshel
08-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Not in one country. Unless you desire chaos and anarchy.

Yeah, fuck multicutluralism, unless it gives us an excuse to grow the state.

Or you desire a federal republic. You offer nothing but an absurd strawman. We are not and were never intended to be one state.

Timshel
08-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Ahhh, I did not see the genesis of this discussion. However, women are not comparable to dogs. Okay, maybe Hillary, but...

uscitizen
08-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Yeah, fuck multicutluralism, unless it gives us an excuse to grow the state.

Or you desire a federal republic. You offer nothing but an absurd strawman. We are not and were never intended to be one state.

Sure Daddy AHZ....
Spin it all around.

One state is intended to be one state though. and one set of rules must apply to all within that state.

Damocles
08-23-2007, 06:58 AM
Ahhh, I did not see the genesis of this discussion. However, women are not comparable to dogs. Okay, maybe Hillary, but...
I thought that was Chelsea...

(don't get all in a heave libs)

uscitizen
08-23-2007, 07:12 AM
I thought that was Chelsea...

(don't get all in a heave libs)

Barbara is like a pit bull ;)
I sure would not want to cross her...

doniston
08-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Damn...and here I was lead to believe it was a legal cultural thing in Latin countries...oh well,here I will really make your day donny...They also eat the roosters(cocks) and the dogs in these countries...however do 'rednecks' eat dogs? Maybe a road kill chicken from time to time...but I doubt their hunting dogs are eaten! So which would this be a cultural thing or a "steriotyping" thing?:rolleyes:Ot could be both but nit is definitely stereotyping.

but back to Vick;; It appaers he is NOT copping to the plea of tortuing and/or killing the dogs. This may make a difference in the acceptence of his plea by the court --and it may end up in trial.