PDA

View Full Version : A National debt of gratitude to these guys!

Taichiliberal
02-01-2013, 02:48 PM
IF this story is true, then this nation (if not the world) owes these people a debt of gratitude. Note that the allegedly liberal biased main stream media barely (if at all) acknowledged this story:

Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012 08:54 AM EST
Did Anonymous stop Rove from stealing the election? It would explain his Fox News outburst, but the Hacker claim lacks evidence
By Natasha Lennard

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/20/did_anonymous_stop_rove_stealing_the_election/

Phantasmal
02-01-2013, 02:49 PM
IF this story is true, then this nation (if not the world) owes these people a debt of gratitude. Note that the allegedly liberal biased main stream media barely (if at all) acknowledged this story:

Did Anonymous stop Rove from stealing the election? It would explain his Fox News outburst, but the Hacker claim lacks evidence
By Natasha Lennard

I love Anonymous!

christiefan915
02-03-2013, 10:02 PM
I would be so thrilled if this was true!

Howey
02-04-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm not a big fan of conspiracies, but this is actually plausible.

Nice work Anonymous!

PostmodernProphet
02-04-2013, 10:46 AM
how do we know "Anonymous" didn't actually manipulate the vote totals himself?......

Timshel
02-04-2013, 10:58 AM
I saw this story shortly after the election. There is no proof and I don't think it is plausible. Rove was simply misled by his bias. He has been leading the right in the wrong direction for some time now.

Timshel
02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
how do we know "Anonymous" didn't actually manipulate the vote totals himself?......

OMG, are you serious?

Anonymous is not one person. It's not even one central organization. It's just a bunch of hackers that claim the name.

PostmodernProphet
02-05-2013, 07:31 AM
ah, that really answers the question doesn't it......or is it just that you don't care about the answer.......

Taichiliberal
02-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Because the evidence doesn't point to that conclusion....as demonstrated by Little Karl's hissy fit on Fox. Like Florida and Ohio, Karl was SO sure that the tide would magically turn (coincidently, just as it did at the 11th hour previously).

Taichiliberal
02-05-2013, 03:26 PM
I saw this story shortly after the election. There is no proof and I don't think it is plausible. Rove was simply misled by his bias. He has been leading the right in the wrong direction for some time now.

Oh it's HIGHLY plausible....just think back to when the electronic voting machines were first installed, and it was proven how easily they could be hacked into. And then you had all those people in Ohio complaining that when they hit the button for Kerry, up came Bush's name.

Damocles
02-05-2013, 04:55 PM
OMG, are you serious?

Anonymous is not one person. It's not even one central organization. It's just a bunch of hackers that claim the name.

Which doesn't change the rather pertinent question, why would you believe these people were perfect while attempting to blame Karl Rove for hacking the machines?

Reality: Karl has no ability to really do that, Anonymous does.

Damocles
02-05-2013, 04:56 PM
OMG, are you serious?

Which doesn't change the rather pertinent question, why would you believe these people were perfect while attempting to blame Karl Rove for hacking the machines?

Reality: Karl has no ability to really do that without hiring a group of people like well.. Anonymous, Anonymous does, as they are a group of people like Anonymous.

Howey
02-05-2013, 05:33 PM

Reality: Karl has no ability to really do that without hiring a group of people like well.. Anonymous, Anonymous does, as they are a group of people like Anonymous.

You obviously don't watch Scandal.

/MSG/
02-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Anon wouldn't vote for the SOPA/NDAA happy Obama. If they changed anything it'd be for either Ron Paul or Gary Johnson. Since neither of them won, it's safe to say Anon didn't give a damn.

FUCK THE POLICE
02-09-2013, 10:39 AM

By Natasha Lennard

I like Nate Silvers response to this theory, when it was posed to him on his iama:

http://i.imgur.com/kSbLEx3.png

FUCK THE POLICE
02-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Oh it's HIGHLY plausible....just think back to when the electronic voting machines were first installed, and it was proven how easily they could be hacked into. And then you had all those people in Ohio complaining that when they hit the button for Kerry, up came Bush's name.

Hacked into? From where? Are these voting machines hooked up to the internet? If so, then that is indeed a bad design that pointlessly exposes it to security threats, wasteful as well, for including the hardware necessary to connect to the internet when it has no need to do so. If it's not, then no, you couldn't hack into them besides by going up to them and circumventing their security yourself, which I assume anonymous did not do.

FUCK THE POLICE
02-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Oh man, they installed a "password protected firewall", that's some serious technology there. They even gave it a code name, so you know it's good*. And instead of installing it on the computers or servers, they install it right on the tunnels themselves. Smart move - Rove's hackers probably thought they had it easy once they got past the servers, thinking all they had to do was traverse some harmless fiberoptic cables to their intended destination afterwards. But nope, the firewalls blocked them. I'd love to have seen the look on their face.

Of course, thinking about it, it's true that Anonymous is, in no way, a unified organization, and basically consists of a bunch of random lone people and groups all giving credit to "Anonymous", and that, just as well, someone could release videos and write letter claiming to have done something attributed to "Anonymous" which they hadn't actually done. But that's cynical nonsense talk. I ask you, is there any evidence to disprove their claim? Thought not. That means it's true.

*Normally, I'd be kind of scared if someone was using an off-brand firewall with an unrecongnizable name, but these guys are Anonymous after all, they know what they're doing.

02-09-2013, 01:02 PM
I love Anonymous!
Fuck off you obamacult cunt!

Taichiliberal
02-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Hacked into? From where? Are these voting machines hooked up to the internet? If so, then that is indeed a bad design that pointlessly exposes it to security threats, wasteful as well, for including the hardware necessary to connect to the internet when it has no need to do so. If it's not, then no, you couldn't hack into them besides by going up to them and circumventing their security yourself, which I assume anonymous did not do.

ANY system that relies on land lines is open to hacking. The voting machines use land lines, and are NOT an enclosed system. So what Anonymous claims is quite plausible.

Taichiliberal
02-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Fuck off you obamacult cunt!

Grow up, will ya please?

Taichiliberal
02-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Oh man, they installed a "password protected firewall", that's some serious technology there. They even gave it a code name, so you know it's good*. And instead of installing it on the computers or servers, they install it right on the tunnels themselves. Smart move - Rove's hackers probably thought they had it easy once they got past the servers, thinking all they had to do was traverse some harmless fiberoptic cables to their intended destination afterwards. But nope, the firewalls blocked them. I'd love to have seen the look on their face.

Of course, thinking about it, it's true that Anonymous is, in no way, a unified organization, and basically consists of a bunch of random lone people and groups all giving credit to "Anonymous", and that, just as well, someone could release videos and write letter claiming to have done something attributed to "Anonymous" which they hadn't actually done. But that's cynical nonsense talk. I ask you, is there any evidence to disprove their claim? Thought not. That means it's true.

*Normally, I'd be kind of scared if someone was using an off-brand firewall with an unrecongnizable name, but these guys are Anonymous after all, they know what they're doing.

the article points out some pretty damning coincidences regarding the time line during the Gore & Kerry leads in key states that radically changed after a "glitch" was corrected at the 11th hour. Couple that with Rove's hissy fit on Fox, and the neocons lack of wailing "foul", and it gives one pause.

Oh well, if it's true....thank God to whoever did it.

Taichiliberal
02-12-2013, 01:15 PM

Because you didn't have every neocon/teabagger pundit and parrot wailing "foul" from the highest rooftops!

Taichiliberal
02-12-2013, 01:25 PM

No one said Rove was personally responsible...he's just the money man that HIRES the people to do his dirty work. Remember, the man who's President of the company that builds and distributes the damned things stated for the record that he would do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to get GW Bush elected. And then there were all those people who complained about their vote incorrectly registering Republican instead of Democrat.

Karl's hissy fit may have betrayed his inside knowledge. Just saying.

Phantasmal
02-12-2013, 01:46 PM
No one said Rove was personally responsible...he's just the money man that HIRES the people to do his dirty work. Remember, the man who's President of the company that builds and distributes the damned things stated for the record that he would do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to get GW Bush elected. And then there were all those people who complained about their vote incorrectly registering Republican instead of Democrat.

Karl's hissy fit may have betrayed his inside knowledge. Just saying.

It was a total meltdown, he was in utter disbelief! It made me laugh.

02-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Grow up, will ya please?
Just as soon as you obamacult cunts stop mocking the death of my daughter, which of course is the pinnacle of maturity to you lot!

Taichiliberal
02-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Just as soon as you obamacult cunts stop mocking the death of my daughter, which of course is the pinnacle of maturity to you lot!

Man, I do not know WTF you're going on about....nor do I care to indulge in an obvious range war you have with others. So unless you've got something on the title subject to contribute, I'll just ignore your other silly posts.

02-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Man, I do not know WTF you're going on about....nor do I care to indulge in an obvious range war you have with others. So unless you've got something on the title subject to contribute, I'll just ignore your other silly posts.
Well generally you fanatical liberal totalitarians of the obamacult don't respect the subject in a thread, rather you go overboard with insults, abuse and threats.

It's the obamacult way.

If its good for the goose and all that.

Timshel
02-13-2013, 11:55 PM

Encryption algorithims change and evolve. Whatever was used in 2000 has changed since.

I don't believe a real Anonymous cell is responsible for this story. The account of Rove's supposed operation sounds like some Hollywood account of hacking.

Besides that there is absolutely no reason to believe this story as no actual proof was offered. It's just a completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.

Timshel
02-14-2013, 12:11 AM

Who said they were perfect?

It is not unheard of for hoaxers to contact news organizations claiming to be members of some terrorist group. This did not come from anonymous' main office and there is no way to tell the competency of the source. They be might highly competent hackers, scrubs or complete pretenders.

Timshel
02-14-2013, 12:18 AM

Exactly, my guess is you would have to have physical access. It might be possible to penetrate the vpns during transmissions to the central offices, if such a solution were used but that would difficult and there would likely some sort of auditing built in.

It's not impossible but this whole thing sounds like it comes from the segment that believes the police actually operate like they do on csi.

Taichiliberal
02-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Encryption algorithims change and evolve. Whatever was used in 2000 has changed since.

I don't believe a real Anonymous cell is responsible for this story. The account of Rove's supposed operation sounds like some Hollywood account of hacking.

Besides that there is absolutely no reason to believe this story as no actual proof was offered. It's just a completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.

What makes you think that hackers just stop learning and evolving when companies change their encryption algorithims? C'mon man, THINK! If we were to follow your "logic", then the USA wouldn't be shitting it's pants about "cyber-warfare", now would they. Hell, your local news affiliates are periodically posting stories as to how major corporations and companies are being hacked for their data.

Like it or not, the story is wholly plausible, as the circumstantial evidence I refer to points out.

Taichiliberal
02-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Exactly, my guess is you would have to have physical access. It might be possible to penetrate the vpns during transmissions to the central offices, if such a solution were used but that would difficult and there would likely some sort of auditing built in.

It's not impossible but this whole thing sounds like it comes from the segment that believes the police actually operate like they do on csi.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?49109-A-National-debt-of-gratitude-to-these-guys!&p=1167818#post1167818