PDA

View Full Version : JPP Debate Tournament Interest List (looking for judges, participants, etc)

BRUTALITOPS
01-03-2013, 04:18 PM
I say we do this again.

We need participants, who will engage in multiple rounds of debate, to try and unseat undisputed debate champion Threedee.

We need judges.. preferably 3. We can maybe extend that to 5.

Also we need organizers, people to come up with questions, helping with the rules, scheduling, etc.
(I am going to be in this category)

I say we need at least 8 debaters, but the more the merrier.

Who wants to have an enlightening, intelligent, debate contest?

Sign up below with specifying if you would rather be a contestant, a judge, or an organizer. (we might do some overlap with judges helping to come up with questions etc. if we can't find enough organizers. Judges can probably help come up with the rules as well.

/MSG/
01-03-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm in.

Something something gin.

BRUTALITOPS
01-03-2013, 04:20 PM
in to win while drinking gin? with a shit eating grin?

/MSG/
01-03-2013, 04:21 PM
in to win while drinking gin? with a shit eating grin?

You damn right skippy.

Phantasmal
01-03-2013, 04:30 PM
I say we do this again.

We need participants, who will engage in multiple rounds of debate, to try and unseat undisputed debate champion Threedee.

Also we need organizers, people to come up with questions, helping with the rules, scheduling, etc.

Sign up below with specifying if you would rather be a contestant, a judge, or an organizer. (we might do some overlap with judges helping to come up with questions etc. if we can't find enough organizers. Judges can probably help come up with the rules as well.

I will be either organizer or judge.

Damocles
01-03-2013, 04:34 PM
I'll be a judge...

Cancel 2018. 3
01-03-2013, 04:49 PM
i'll be a judge if you need, don't have the time to do the debate

BRUTALITOPS
01-03-2013, 04:59 PM
i want committed passionate judges. o_o

Phantasmal
01-03-2013, 05:30 PM
i want committed passionate judges. o_o

Oh, okay lmao

Howey
01-03-2013, 05:59 PM
As the debate champion of the Texas State Debate Championships (year not to be disclosed) I volunteer to be a judge. I'm too brilliant to actually debate 99% of the people on here and it wouldn't be fair to the participants.

cancel2 2022
01-03-2013, 06:13 PM
As the debate champion of the Texas State Debate Championships (year not to be disclosed) I volunteer to be a judge. I'm too brilliant to actually debate 99% of the people on here and it wouldn't be fair to the participants.

I would love to see you and Yurt in a proper debate without any insults.

Cancel 2020.1
01-03-2013, 06:18 PM

And I would have enjoyed being a Beatle. Alas...

Howey
01-03-2013, 06:18 PM

Yurt is incapable of proper debate.

Minister of Truth
01-03-2013, 06:23 PM
I'll be a judge. I want a round of Werewolf, more than a debate.

BRUTALITOPS
01-03-2013, 06:29 PM
no threedee you have to try and maintain your title.

Cancel 2018. 3
01-03-2013, 06:38 PM

i see your surrendered already

tell you what, i'll agree to this debate thing if you debate me

BRUTALITOPS
01-03-2013, 06:41 PM
debate match ups will be random

Cancel 2018. 3
01-03-2013, 06:44 PM
well...randomly select howey and myself for a debate

:)

i want to see this alleged prowess he has, because i've never seen it in any of his posts

Minister of Truth
01-03-2013, 06:45 PM
no threedee you have to try and maintain your title.

And if I judge, I maintain it :D

cancel2 2022
01-03-2013, 06:49 PM

Then you should have no trouble kicking his arse, right??

Canceled.2014.1
01-03-2013, 07:10 PM
I'll be a judge.

Minister of Truth
01-04-2013, 12:25 AM
It would be funny to see Howey meltdown and call Yurt a troll.

:trollave:

Howey
01-04-2013, 12:27 AM

Calling a troll a troll is the truth.

canceled.2021.1
01-04-2013, 02:48 AM
Looks like everyone wants to be a judge. Funny

BRUTALITOPS
01-04-2013, 04:58 AM
yeah I shouldn't have let that be an open call. I am pre-selecting Mott as a judge. Winterborn seems to be a good judge too. Rana might be able to round it out. Damo would be a good judge but I kinda want him in the debate O_o

rana-mott-winterborn seems like a pretty level headed list.

Minister of Truth
01-04-2013, 05:43 AM
Fuck you, Grind.

Cancel 2018. 3
01-04-2013, 11:40 AM

that will happen...guaranteed

it is his usual fall back response when he is proven wrong

Cancel 2016.11
01-04-2013, 02:33 PM
yeah I shouldn't have let that be an open call. I am pre-selecting Mott as a judge. Winterborn seems to be a good judge too. Rana might be able to round it out. Damo would be a good judge but I kinda want him in the debate O_o

Those are excellent choices for judges.

Cancel 2018. 3
01-04-2013, 03:34 PM
btw...count me in

BRUTALITOPS
01-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Contestants:

Damo
Yurt
Threedee
Billy

???

lets get some liberals in the mix

Cancel 2018. 3
01-04-2013, 04:11 PM
lol

Minister of Truth
01-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Fuck 'em.

I'm Watermark
01-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Contestants:

Damo
Yurt
Threedee
Billy

???

lets get some liberals in the mix

I'm new here, but I'll put my name in as a contestant. :)

BRUTALITOPS
01-04-2013, 05:21 PM
hell yeah. welcome aboard shyguy

damo
yurt
3d
billy
shyguy

Cancel 2018. 3
01-04-2013, 05:37 PM

Minister of Truth
01-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Mario Party rulz!

Cancel 2018. 3
01-04-2013, 06:45 PM
thanked for 4:20 post

I'm Watermark
01-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Mario Party rulz!

Was there ever any doubt? :awesome:

SJJRSJJS
01-13-2013, 01:05 AM
I say we do this again.

The important question here; "What are the debate subjects and who Picks them. I am new here, but I would think that the debators take turns to "Throw out" the debate subjects? Also, do they have to be strictly politcal because many off-shoot subjects might be used like armed self defense pros and cons, which is something typically defined by political views? What is important to Lib Demos may not mean a dam to Conservatives like me.

SJJRSJJS
01-13-2013, 01:12 AM
There are many political savvy experts on these Forums, probably have every type of questions/responces lined up in talking point binders, so if they get to choose all the discussion subjects, then they will be tough to defeat. But, if I get to pick the subjects, then I should win, need I say Moore?

BRUTALITOPS
01-13-2013, 01:46 AM
we will hav the judges and organizers come up with a list of debate topics.

canceled.2021.1
01-13-2013, 01:59 AM
I think you need debate volunteers and right now you seem woefully short. Lots of interest in being a judge though

Lots of people want debate, but nobody is wants to jump in

If you really want to make this fun, then take a libtard and a conservative and have them argue the opposite side of an issue. For example. Have Apple argue the pro life side of the abortion issue while Dixie argues the pro choice side.

Otherwise I don't see how much different it will be than any other jabber fest in this forum

BRUTALITOPS
01-13-2013, 03:45 AM
we've done this before ILA, it just takes some time to setup, and it's not like there is an immediate concern to get it going

Mott the Hoople
01-22-2013, 04:54 PM
I say we do this again.

Sign up below with specifying if you would rather be a contestant, a judge, or an organizer. (we might do some overlap with judges helping to come up with questions etc. if we can't find enough organizers. Judges can probably help come up with the rules as well.I'm interested in being a judge and I can help organize.

canceled.2021.1
01-22-2013, 05:09 PM
we've done this before ILA, it just takes some time to setup, and it's not like there is an immediate concern to get it going

The logistics of organizing three people must be daunting

Canceled.2014.1
01-22-2013, 05:15 PM
The logistics of organizing three people must be daunting

Have you signed up to debate yet?

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 09:01 AM
The logistics of organizing three people must be dauntingIt's more problematic than you think. The last time we did this the debates themselves went off well. We had some very good contests. Some people complained about the debate topics but that's almost impossible to avoid. The real problem we had last time was judging. We need judges who will commit to doing the job and doing it objectively. That's where the last debate contest fell down. We had judges disapper on us and we had other judges who either did not know how to score a debate or we're clearly biased in their scoring.

For example. There were several times in which debators who were unpopular or had to defend an unpopular position lost when it was pretty clear, from an objective standpoint, that they had presented the better arguments in their debates but still they lost. So getting the judging right is critical to having a quality debate.

Then we had two of the judges dissapear on us. One with a legitimate excuse and one who just dissapeared and never came back. That one really hurt the debate.

What ended up happening in our first debate was that the eventual winner was a person who consistantly loses arguments with himself. That's not good.

/MSG/
01-23-2013, 09:06 AM
It's more problematic than you think. The last time we did this the debates themselves went off well. We had some very good contests. Some people complained about the debate topics but that's almost impossible to avoid. The real problem we had last time was judging. We need judges who will commit to doing the job and doing it objectively. That's where the last debate contest fell down. We had judges disapper on us and we had other judges who either did not know how to score a debate or we're clearly biased in their scoring.

For example. There were several times in which debators who were unpopular or had to defend an unpopular position lost when it was pretty clear, from an objective standpoint, that they had presented the better arguments in their debates but still they lost. So getting the judging right is critical to having a quality debate.

Then we had two of the judges dissapear on us. One with a legitimate excuse and one who just dissapeared and never came back. That one really hurt the debate.

What ended up happening in our first debate was that the eventual winner was a person who consistantly loses arguments with himself. That's not good.

Yeah, but I came in 2nd, so it wasn't a total wash. Mott, just accept that the TRINITY dominated. Always have, always will.

Minister of Truth
01-23-2013, 09:17 AM
I think the highlight, aside from my glorious victory, was Asshate getting lost on the information highway on his way to the debate, and then screaming at Grind for conspiring against him.

:awesome:

canceled.2021.1
01-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Have you signed up to debate yet?

Not a chance. I know I am not Mr Popularity here, nor do I seek to be.

I know that it will be more of a popularity contest than anything else.

Minister of Truth
01-23-2013, 09:24 AM
So, that's a no?

:donotwant:

canceled.2021.1
01-23-2013, 09:25 AM
So, that's a no?

:donotwant:

I think that is what "not a chance" means.

You might want to rethink your participation

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 09:41 AM

I know that it will be more of a popularity contest than anything else.I certainly see your point. In the last debate a fairly unpopular poster, Southern Man, clearly and by any obejctive measure, defeated his opponent in their debate but the judges scored him the loser.

/MSG/
01-23-2013, 09:46 AM
I certainly see your point. In the last debate a fairly unpopular poster, Southern Man, clearly and by any obejctive measure, defeated his opponent in their debate but the judges scored him the loser.

And what debate was that?

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 09:46 AM
I think that is what "not a chance" means.

You might want to rethink your participationI'd say keep an open mind and see who the judging panel would be. Where I screwed up in organizing the last debate was choosing a panel of judges that was politically balanced with one liberal, one moderate and one conservative. That was a big mistake. Judges should have been chosen for their integrity and their objectivity as anyone who has those, can put their own personal biases aside. That one mistake pretty much sabotaged the whole debate and though it didn't quite exactly turn into a popularity contest we didn't even come remotely close to the best person winning.

canceled.2021.1
01-23-2013, 09:48 AM
I certainly see your point. In the last debate a fairly unpopular poster, Southern Man, clearly and by any obejctive measure, defeated his opponent in their debate but the judges scored him the loser.

Exactly. If I thought it would be anything other than a self serving circle jerk for the mods, I would think about it

I do appreciate your honesty though

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 09:48 AM
And what debate was that?His debate against you.

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Exactly. If I thought it would be anything other than a self serving circle jerk for the mods, I would think about it

I do appreciate your honesty thoughwell again, you're assuming the mods would be the judges. Personally I think selecting the judges is so critical that I won't sign up to debate until they post who the judging panel is. If I think they have the integrity, intelligence and objectivity to be quality judges I'll participate. If not, I'll pass.

I personally think I have those qualities to judge a debate so I'll offer my services to be a judge. The persons who I think have the best temperement to be judges and who would be objective are;

PiMP
Dungheap
Blackascoal
Rana
Leaning Right
Winterborn

Of that small group the two I would like the most to be judges would be Leaning Right and Blackascoal. Both are educators, both familiar with the rules of debate both have integrity in spades and both are capable of being objective, putting their biases aside and scoring a debate based on who presented the best argument and not who they think is right.

canceled.2021.1
01-23-2013, 10:13 AM
well again, you're assuming the mods would be the judges. Personally I think selecting the judges is so critical that I won't sign up to debate until they post who the judging panel is. If I think they have the integrity, intelligence and objectivity to be quality judges I'll participate. If not, I'll pass.

I personally think I have those qualities to judge a debate so I'll offer my services to be a judge. The persons who I think have the best temperement to be judges and who would be objective are;

PiMP
Dungheap
Blackascoal
Rana
Leaning Right
Winterborn

Of that small group the two I would like the most to be judges would be Leaning Right and Blackascoal. Both are educators, both familiar with the rules of debate both have integrity in spades and both are capable of being objective, putting their biases aside and scoring a debate based on who presented the best argument and not who they think is right.

Actually while I disagree with you on many issues, I find you to be a fair arbiter. I think you would be a good judge.

/MSG/
01-23-2013, 10:14 AM
His debate against you.

Yeah, he lost by miles.

Canceled.2014.1
01-23-2013, 03:09 PM

You know this? You know this how? Obviously not from the previous debate. One of the most unpopular people on the site won several rounds of the last tourney.

But I understand that actual debate is not your strength. Sitting outside and making snide remarks is much easier.

Cancel 2018. 3
01-23-2013, 03:18 PM
is there a reason darla and posse have not signed up? i think this would be a good time for the board to put down animosities and just debate issues.

at one time darla and i didn't like each other, then we were wolves together and realized we actually got along...then...well, darla is darla.

zappasguitar
01-23-2013, 03:47 PM

Oh WOW...so you're not going to participate?

Well knock me down with a feather!

And really...was ANYONE surprised the little troll went and found himself an excuse to play the coward?

Cancel 2018. 3
01-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Oh WOW...so you're not going to participate?

Well knock me down with a feather!

And really...was ANYONE surprised the little troll went and found himself an excuse to play the coward?

more trolling

Minister of Truth
01-23-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm concerned about Mott being on the panel. He is the only person on this site who believes Damn Southerner should have been in the final round. Even DS could never explain why...

Minister of Truth
01-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Anyone who sports the Confederate flag and considers the South to be a worthwhile place could never stand up in something academically related such as a formal debate. :cof1:

canceled.2021.1
01-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Anyone who sports the Confederate flag and considers the South to be a worthwhile place could never stand up in something academically related such as a formal debate. :cof1:

You are stupid and lack historical knowledge of what the flag means.

Funny how all the shitbag Yankees keep coming south. I wish you dirt balls would stay put

Minister of Truth
01-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Well that's something I agree on. People need to stop selling out and carpetbagging.

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
You are stupid and lack historical knowledge of what the flag means.

Funny how all the shitbag Yankees keep coming south. I wish you dirt balls would stay putWhat's the old joke? What's a Yankee? That's a northener who visits the south. What's a damned Yankee? One that doesn't leave.

BRUTALITOPS
01-23-2013, 04:25 PM
im going to talk with mott and whoever else I named judges (already forgot) and try to come up with questions.

For questions, I really want to come up with something that can easily be debated by both sides and doesn't inherently have a "more right" answer, as that provides an unfair advantage. A few of the questions last time weren't as subjective or open to debate as they could have been.

Then I will begin my standard harassing policy of spamming peoples walls trying to get a decent list of participants going.

BRUTALITOPS
01-23-2013, 04:26 PM
What's the old joke? What's a Yankee? That's a northener who visits the south. What's a damned Yankee? One that doesn't leave.

:notbad:

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm concerned about Mott being on the panel. He is the only person on this site who believes Damn Southerner should have been in the final round. Even DS could never explain why...Uhm. I never said that. SM didn't even make it to the semi-finals. I actually thought you did a good job in the finals against Billy....but keep in mind. Had Yurt not defaulted you would not have been in the finals either. That was another problem of the last debate that would be difficult to address. People who didn't show up to debate so others won by default and not merit.

Minister of Truth
01-23-2013, 04:32 PM
LOLZ, I think I won twice by forfeit.

BRUTALITOPS
01-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Uhm. I never said that. SM didn't even make it to the semi-finals. I actually thought you did a good job in the finals against Billy....but keep in mind. Had Yurt not defaulted you would not have been in the finals either. That was another problem of the last debate that would be difficult to address. People who didn't show up to debate so others won by default and not merit.

i don't think there is any other solution though. if we have defaulters there isn't much we can do about it.

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 04:34 PM
im going to talk with mott and whoever else I named judges (already forgot) and try to come up with questions.

For questions, I really want to come up with something that can easily be debated by both sides and doesn't inherently have a "more right" answer, as that provides an unfair advantage. A few of the questions last time weren't as subjective or open to debate as they could have been.

Then I will begin my standard harassing policy of spamming peoples walls trying to get a decent list of participants going.Again, I would argue that with objective judging that's irrelevent. Debating is not about "being right" or "Having the most right argument.". Formal debate is about who clearly articulates, with reason and logic, the best argument.

Though I do understand what you're trying to do but think about it.....you could end up with some very dull debates. A good debator should be able to take any side of any issue, no matter how unpopular or wrong and present a well thought out argument. That is the essential challenge to a debate.

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 04:39 PM
i don't think there is any other solution though. if we have defaulters there isn't much we can do about it.Possibly. Maybe we could have a fall back so that no one is automatically promoted due to their opponent defaulting. I'm thinking maybe if we could develop and alternate system so that no one can win by default.

For example. In the first round we could have a few volunteers to act as alternates if someone doesn't show up for their debate, they can step in. In the later rounds, we can give losers from a previous round a second chance (though only one second chance) by being an alternate if soeone doesn't show up for a debate in the later rounds. That would prevent anyone from winning by default. Each victory should be earned. No one should win a round by default.

Minister of Truth
01-23-2013, 04:41 PM
My father taught me the value of showing up. Thus, I lived up to one of my cardinal beliefs in life, and came away with the victory. At the very least, I prominently displayed the Threedee Brand. :cof1:

When I was a kid, I played on a baseball team that was in disarray the entire season. We ultimately forfeited all but two games, of which we had a 1-1 record (one of these games, I showed up with a high fever and stood out in right field to give us a 9th player). We became a joke, and entered the play-offs. Suddenly, everyone started participating, and we had recruited some new talent to replace a couple of lost players. We lost our first game, and facing elimination in the second game, I drove in the winning run at the bottom of the last inning, driving a hanging curve into right field on a 1-1 count. I subsequently inspired the team to win two more play-off games before we were screwed over by an angry league that didn't like the forfeiters taking a serious shot at the title. Anyway, that is one of my great achievements from my childhood.

/MSG/
01-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Again, I would argue that with objective judging that's irrelevent. Debating is not about "being right" or "Having the most right argument.". Formal debate is about who clearly articulates, with reason and logic, the best argument.

Though I do understand what you're trying to do but think about it.....you could end up with some very dull debates. A good debator should be able to take any side of any issue, no matter how unpopular or wrong and present a well thought out argument. That is the essential challenge to a debate.

There's a practical limit to that. You cannot argue certain positions no matter how good a debater you are.

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 04:50 PM
My father taught me the value of showing up. Thus, I lived up to one of my cardinal beliefs in life, and came away with the victory. At the very least, I prominently displayed the Threedee Brand. :cof1:

When I was a kid, I played on a baseball team that was in disarray the entire season. We ultimately forfeited all but two games, of which we had a 1-1 record (one of these games, I showed up with a high fever and stood out in right field to give us a 9th player). We became a joke, and entered the play-offs. Suddenly, everyone started participating, and we had recruited some new talent to replace a couple of lost players. We lost our first game, and facing elimination in the second game, I drove in the winning run at the bottom of the last inning, driving a hanging curve into right field on a 1-1 count. I subsequently inspired the team to win two more play-off games before we were screwed over by an angry league that didn't like the forfeiters taking a serious shot at the title. Anyway, that is one of my great achievements from my childhood.I'd say it was probably your greatest achievment to date.

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 04:50 PM
There's a practical limit to that. You cannot argue certain positions no matter how good a debater you are.True. I'd hate to have to defend Dixie as a mathamatical genius.

Cancel 2018. 3
01-23-2013, 04:53 PM
my favorite debate championship was the one where asshat claimed he won when he never actually debated

/MSG/
01-23-2013, 04:54 PM
True. I'd hate to have to defend Dixie as a mathamatical genius.

God oh god I wish I could have seen the original thread.

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 04:58 PM
God oh god I wish I could have seen the original thread.Maybe Grind can dig it up? It was an all time classic.

BRUTALITOPS
01-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Again, I would argue that with objective judging that's irrelevent. Debating is not about "being right" or "Having the most right argument.". Formal debate is about who clearly articulates, with reason and logic, the best argument.

I would argue that one person getting a softball of a position and the other having a much tougher position to debate does put them at a disadvantage. They naturally have a tougher debate on their hands. It's just that simple. One side will have way more points they can bring up than the other.

A good debator should be able to take any side of any issue, no matter how unpopular or wrong and present a well thought out argument. That is the essential challenge to a debate.

That doesn't change that some questions are easier to argue than others.

Mott the Hoople
01-23-2013, 10:08 PM
I would argue that one person getting a softball of a position and the other having a much tougher position to debate does put them at a disadvantage. They naturally have a tougher debate on their hands. It's just that simple. One side will have way more points they can bring up than the other.

That doesn't change that some questions are easier to argue than others.You mean like "Dixie isn't a mathematical genius"?

Cancel 2016.2
01-24-2013, 01:07 PM
I will be either organizer or judge.

out of those that have said they would be judge... I would suggest the trio of Rana, Damo and Winter. You cross the political spectrum and I think all three would be fair and impartial.

Cancel 2016.2
01-24-2013, 01:09 PM

Except you are taking two from the left and one from the middle... plus Mutt is an idiot. Just sayin'... taking a judge from Ohio??? You may as well have a monkey grab some poo and fling it at a dart board with the participants names on it. About the same quality... no offense to poo throwing monkeys.

Cancel 2016.2
01-24-2013, 01:13 PM
There's a practical limit to that. You cannot argue certain positions no matter how good a debater you are.

Though it helps when the system is rigged in your favor... not a coincidence that Threedee's opponent vanishes and you get the pro-gun side of the debate against me. It was a damned trinity conspiracy ;)

Cancel 2016.11
01-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Except you are taking two from the left and one from the middle... plus Mutt is an idiot. Just sayin'... taking a judge from Ohio??? You may as well have a monkey grab some poo and fling it at a dart board with the participants names on it. About the same quality... no offense to poo throwing monkeys.

Oh stop crying. Rana and Wb are extremely impartial and only a whiner would deny that. I think Mott will be too. It's not like Grind made me a judge. Or you!

Cancel 2016.11
01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
out of those that have said they would be judge... I would suggest the trio of Rana, Damo and Winter. You cross the political spectrum and I think all three would be fair and impartial.

Nope Damo is not impartial. Rana and WB yes.

Mott is way more impartial than Damo.

Cancel 2016.2
01-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Oh stop crying. Rana and Wb are extremely impartial and only a whiner would deny that. I think Mott will be too. It's not like Grind made me a judge. Or you!

Dearest Darla... I already stated that Rana and Winter would be good judges. I made the post you quoted to rip on Mutt and make fun of Ohio. It is done in fun, to mock Mutt.

For someone who thinks she can read emotion from typed words, you do tend to miss sarcasm quite consistently. Not bright enough to get it?

Cancel 2016.11
01-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Dearest Darla... I already stated that Rana and Winter would be good judges. I made the post you quoted to rip on Mutt and make fun of Ohio. It is done in fun, to mock Mutt.

For someone who thinks she can read emotion from typed words, you do tend to miss sarcasm quite consistently. Not bright enough to get it?

No, I"m sure you're smiling when you write this stuff. Heck, you are probably laughing and slapping your thighs! Ho ho ho. Almost like a message board Santa!

Cancel 2016.2
01-24-2013, 03:32 PM

LMAO... ok Darla... and on what do you base that?

Cancel 2016.2
01-24-2013, 03:33 PM
No, I"m sure you're smiling when you write this stuff. Heck, you are probably laughing and slapping your thighs! Ho ho ho. Almost like a message board Santa!

So you are indeed projecting your own anger onto me. Thanks for proving my point. I am sure everyone will agree with you that I was dead serious about the poo flinging monkey bit.

Cancel 2016.11
01-24-2013, 03:35 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzeqs4Ql4b1r09u21o1_500.jpg

Cancel 2016.2
01-24-2013, 03:37 PM

Is that your holiday picture? Did your friend like it?

Cancel 2018. 3
01-24-2013, 04:11 PM

rana impartial

:rofl2:

nothing could be further from the truth.

Canceled.2014.1
01-24-2013, 04:19 PM
rana impartial

Rana will call you on your bullshit and will swap insults all day long if that is what you want. That does not mean she cannot be impartial.

Cancel 2016.2
01-24-2013, 04:19 PM
rana impartial

I have no doubt that Rana would be impartial. None.

USFREEDOM911
01-24-2013, 04:23 PM

When you decide to post pictures of yourself, at the last Christmas party, you can't complain when others refer to it.

Cancel 2018. 3
01-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Rana will call you on your bullshit and will swap insults all day long if that is what you want. That does not mean she cannot be impartial.

she is not impartial at all. do you remember her decrying the treatment poet got because people supposedly ganged up on him and insulted him...yet...when anyone she doesn't like gets the exact same treatment, she thanks those posts.

imo, she cannot be impartial in judging a competition.

Canceled.2014.1
01-24-2013, 04:31 PM
she is not impartial at all. do you remember her decrying the treatment poet got because people supposedly ganged up on him and insulted him...yet...when anyone she doesn't like gets the exact same treatment, she thanks those posts.

imo, she cannot be impartial in judging a competition.

Are you signed up to debate? Oddly, the people who have been here the longest think Rana will be impartial. You don't.

Who would you suggest as an impartial judge?

canceled.2021.1
01-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Are you signed up to debate? Oddly, the people who have been here the longest think Rana will be impartial. You don't.

I would. I hate everyone

Canceled.2014.1
01-24-2013, 04:35 PM
I would. I hate everyone

I kinda doubt anyone would see you as impartial.

canceled.2021.1
01-24-2013, 04:37 PM
I kinda doubt anyone would see you as impartial.

Who would I be partial to?

Canceled.2014.1
01-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Who would I be partial to?

When you have spent as much time insulting people as you have here, and the overwhelming majority of the insults have been aimed at anyone you deem liberal, your partiality is cemented.

Phantasmal
01-24-2013, 04:45 PM

Thank you, I appreciate your vote of confidence!

Cancel 2018. 3
01-24-2013, 04:45 PM

yes i have signed up. i don't care what others think, i gave my opinion as did you. longest members doesn't add any weight to your opinion, in fact, it weakens your opinion as i could simply chalk it up to being buddy buddy.

mott, damo, you, evince (yeah, that choice won't win me kudos from anyone, but she can be straight up when necessary), cawacko....

seems as if you and mott are a given for the competition, i agree with grind that i would like damo to debate, so what about cawacko if he is willing?

Cancel 2018. 3
01-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Thank you, I appreciate your vote of confidence!

can you explain your double standards with regards to poet? if so, i might change my mind about you.

Mott the Hoople
01-24-2013, 05:02 PM
I kinda doubt anyone would see you as impartial.No.....I'd have to agree with him. LOL

Be that as it may. Impartiality is only part of being a good debate judge. One has to have a good understanding of reason, logic, rhetoric, etc, etc. That and they gotta show up and do the work. It only takes one judge who is not commited to doing the job to screw up the contest, like Annie did last year.

Cancel 2016.2
01-24-2013, 05:05 PM
No.....I'd have to agree with him. LOL

Be that as it may. Impartiality is only part of being a good debate judge. One has to have a good understanding of reason, logic, rhetoric, etc, etc. That and they gotta show up and do the work. It only takes one judge who is not commited to doing the job to screw up the contest, like Annie did last year.

Congrats... you just disqualified yourself

Phantasmal
01-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Congrats... you just disqualified yourself

Well, if Mott is out, then what chance do I have ;)

Cancel 2018. 3
01-24-2013, 05:35 PM
ok

i will judge

Canceled.2014.1
01-24-2013, 06:42 PM
This going to turn into another debacle like the last one. It had a few rounds of good debating and then it all fell apart into childish squabbling.

This is going to do the same or end up like one of those rounds of Werewolf where the fighting goes on longer than the game.

On second though, I don't have the time or the patience for it.

Let it be Mott, Rana, and Damo (or whomever)

Cancel 2016.2
01-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Well, if Mott is out, then what chance do I have ;)

The other 9,999,999 out of 10,000,000?

/MSG/
01-24-2013, 07:09 PM
This going to turn into another debacle like the last one. It had a few rounds of good debating and then it all fell apart into childish squabbling.

This is going to do the same or end up like one of those rounds of Werewolf where the fighting goes on longer than the game.

Let it be Mott, Rana, and Damo (or whomever)

Please, you'd be a good judge. Just ignore everyone who hasn't powdered their buttholes. It's what I do.

Minister of Truth
01-24-2013, 08:25 PM
I personally hope someone fucks it up royally, as it will provide me something to laugh at. :D

Mott the Hoople
01-25-2013, 06:46 AM

Let it be Mott, Rana, and Damo (or whomever)Actually the first debate there wasn't a whole lot of squabling and back biting. The two major problems we had with the first debate was that several posters who committed to participate did not show up when it was their turn and then several of the judges dissapeared on us, one for over a week and the other permanently.

Most of the squabling and controversy occurred after the individual debates had been scored.

Mott the Hoople
01-25-2013, 06:46 AM

Let it be Mott, Rana, and Damo (or whomever)Actually the first debate there wasn't a whole lot of squabling and back biting. The two major problems we had with the first debate was that several posters who committed to participate did not show up when it was their turn and then several of the judges dissapeared on us, one for over a week and the other permanently.

Most of the squabling and controversy occurred after the individual debates had been scored.

Mott the Hoople
01-25-2013, 06:48 AM
I personally hope someone fucks it up royally, as it will provide me something to laugh at. :DWell as defending champ your participation should just about guarentee that! LOL

Cancel 2016.2
01-25-2013, 08:52 AM
I personally hope someone fucks it up royally, as it will provide me something to laugh at. :D

I just want to see the Yurt vs. Howey debate...

I think those two should have to debate, the winner getting the honor of entering the tournament. ;)

canceled.2021.1
01-25-2013, 10:34 AM

I think those two should have to debate, the winner getting the honor of entering the tournament. ;)

We all know how that debate will go.

Yurt: you're a fag
Howey: you rape socks
Yurt: you're a fag
Yurt: you:re a fag

Until someone finally ends it

cancel2 2022
01-29-2013, 04:35 PM

Howey is too shit scared.