PDA

View Full Version : Update Regarding Thread Bans

BRUTALITOPS
01-01-2013, 07:36 PM
After some additional discussion, we've come to decide not to do thread bannings after a thread is started. That means if you want to have anyone banned from your threads, you need to do it up front when you first create a thread. The only exception to this would probably be if someone made a sock puppet account to try and get around the ban.

The reason for this is to prevent people from deciding mid-argument to kick someone out just because they are disagreeing with them. You should know before starting the thread who are the true assholes vs. people that might just make you roll your eyes.

USFREEDOM911
01-01-2013, 07:40 PM
After some additional discussion, we've come to decide not to do thread bannings after a thread is started. That means if you want to have anyone banned from your threads, you need to do it up front when you first create a thread. The only exception to this would probably be if someone made a sock puppet account to try and get around the ban.

The reason for this is to prevent people from deciding mid-argument to kick someone out just because they are disagreeing with them. You should know before starting the thread who are the true assholes vs. people that might just make you roll your eyes.

STRIKE 1

canceled.2021.1
01-01-2013, 07:52 PM
STRIKE 1

Too much work from too many requests ;)

USFREEDOM911
01-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Too much work from too many requests ;)

STRIKE 2

BRUTALITOPS
01-01-2013, 07:57 PM
actually i think i've only had 2 requests so far. I just feel the bulk of the purpose of it can be handled up front, and the chances of it being exploited goes up if we were to allow threadbans after thread creation.

Howey
01-01-2013, 07:59 PM
I don't mind people disagreeing with me, I can rip them apart with my superior intelligence. It's the trolls I don't want in my threads.

BRUTALITOPS
01-01-2013, 08:04 PM
I don't mind people disagreeing with me, I can rip them apart with my superior intelligence. It's the trolls I don't want in my threads.

yup, and I think most people know who the trolls are before starting the threads, which is the point... if they aren't bad enough to be on your mind at creation, they probably aren't that bad.

canceled.2021.1
01-01-2013, 08:34 PM
I don't mind people disagreeing with me.

:rofl2:

evince
01-02-2013, 06:22 AM
why is it I am banned from so many threads?

what are the RULES and what did I post that was wrong?

can I at least KNOW what post you considered too offending to be posted?

evince
01-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Maybe you could put certain threads titles in certain colers so People can easily tell when they enter a thread with the hieghtened moderation instantly.

I am new to all these new rules guys and I se NO definition of the hieghtened rules so that a person can tell whats required where.

evince
01-02-2013, 06:27 AM
every time I try to come back here you guys have something going on that makes me feel unwelcome.

if it isnt warewolf its something like this.

Cancel 2016.11
01-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Maybe you could put certain threads titles in certain colers so People can easily tell when they enter a thread with the hieghtened moderation instantly.

I am new to all these new rules guys and I se NO definition of the hieghtened rules so that a person can tell whats required where.

Desh when you go into a thread you can see who, if anyone, is banned from that thread right on the very top. Of course this will be misused, and you can see it already with abusive right wing morons making laughable claims that they are banning "trolls" from their threads. But it's an interesting option for people who don't come here to have USF follow them around making obscene, sexually graphic, degrading, abusive remarks.

I don't know if it will work or last, but it's definitely not meant to shut someone like you up. I hope it doesn't work out that way and if it does, then no one will like it and the option will be gone.

Minister of Truth
01-02-2013, 06:53 AM
every time I try to come back here you guys have something going on that makes me feel unwelcome.

if it isnt warewolf its something like this.

How the fuck does Werewolf make you feel unwelcomed around here?

Also, most of the threads from which you are banned are just gag threads, like my Vegas thread...

PostmodernProphet
01-02-2013, 07:16 AM

lol....

evince
01-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Desh when you go into a thread you can see who, if anyone, is banned from that thread right on the very top. Of course this will be misused, and you can see it already with abusive right wing morons making laughable claims that they are banning "trolls" from their threads. But it's an interesting option for people who don't come here to have USF follow them around making obscene, sexually graphic, degrading, abusive remarks.

I don't know if it will work or last, but it's definitely not meant to shut someone like you up. I hope it doesn't work out that way and if it does, then no one will like it and the option will be gone.

Yes it will be a disastor.

but even that one area that is MORE moderated I was banned and went back and looked and I have NO idea what it was they got pissed at me saying abnd banned me.

so in effect there are NO written rules and NO ONE told me what was the offending post.

so I get to look at all these threads Im banned from speaking in and have to keep track of where Im allowed to talk.

Very un fun type of posting .

Its going to make me come bad much less.

BTW were wolf would shut the talk down this site for days.

I would come here and NO one was here to talk to because you were all playing the games.

EVERY time I try to post here more I am made to feel unwlcome in some way.

what the fuck is with that?

Cancel 2016.11
01-02-2013, 08:01 AM

but even that one area that is MORE moderated I was banned and went back and looked and I have NO idea what it was they got pissed at me saying abnd banned me.

so in effect there are NO written rules and NO ONE told me what was the offending post.

so I get to look at all these threads Im banned from speaking in and have to keep track of where Im allowed to talk.

I would come here and NO one was here to talk to because you were all playing the games.

Desh you just got banned from APP, above plain politics. And grind said that everyone knew the rules are different there, but he's wrong. You were gone for a long time, and I know you didn't know. It's a forum where you can't call any names. That's all. He should have explained it to you instead of banning you, and if you PM him and tell him that you didn't know (and I know you didn't know, too bad everyone else here is fucking clueless), I bet he will let you back on there. Hardly anyone posts in that forum anyway. You are not at all unwelcome, no way. This new thing where we can start threads and ban anyone we feel is a troll or abusive, you are the last person THAT is about. That's not about you. Don't feel that you are unwelcome, I love that you are back, Rana loves that you are back, christie, many others.

We haven't played werewolf in a long time, I'm not even playing next time, and the next time I play if I do, I will talk to you I promise. I don't want to get so wrapped up in that stupid game again, I almost killed someone the last time. A friend too!

Cancel 2016.11
01-02-2013, 08:03 AM
How the fuck does Werewolf make you feel unwelcomed around here?

Also, most of the threads from which you are banned are just gag threads, like my Vegas thread...

Well why don't you fucking stop doing that? That is NOT what that feature is for and you know it.

Cancel 2016.11
01-02-2013, 08:04 AM

what are the RULES and what did I post that was wrong?

can I at least KNOW what post you considered too offending to be posted?

It's probably just I love america's threads you are banned from Desh. The reason why it looks like so many is because he has no life and even posts around the clock on holidays, spamming the board with bullshit threads. He is bannign you from his threads just to annoy you. He's a freaking troll! Don't let him bother you.

Cancel 2016.11
01-02-2013, 08:05 AM
yup, and I think most people know who the trolls are before starting the threads, which is the point... if they aren't bad enough to be on your mind at creation, they probably aren't that bad.

Desh didn't know about APP she wasn't even here when you did that. Why don't you talk to her in PM and straighten that out? Instead out of here where the old english bastard and other trolls can jump in to degrade her? I don't think that's too much to ask!

Howey
01-02-2013, 08:14 AM

I hope you noticed I came to your defense. What's sad is that you were banned from APP for something so minor it's sad but afterwards ILA unleashed a tirade of i.sults towards you that were left there.

canceled.2021.1
01-02-2013, 08:38 AM

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

You feel unwelcome because you are insecure and have low self esteem

canceled.2021.1
01-02-2013, 09:21 AM
BTW Desh it isn't just you. I ban hour women from my threads for genetically induced stupidity. You,darla, bijou, and Howey. It isn't your fault. Blame evolution.

I love how Snarla and Homoy are lobbying to have Desh reinstated. I wonder if the mods will cave. Homoy does appear to be running this place.

Minister of Truth
01-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Well why don't you fucking stop doing that? That is NOT what that feature is for and you know it.

No one really takes the feature seriously, whatever purpose it is intended to have. I'm guessing it will fail its test trial and go away. Meanwhile, I am going to continue to make silly threads where I ban everyone or the people whom they are about.

evince
01-02-2013, 09:56 AM
yeah gaming the system is so fun.

I just wish people had the fucking guts to actually defend their shit instead of just trying to make people go away

Cancel 2016.11
01-02-2013, 09:58 AM
No one really takes the feature seriously, whatever purpose it is intended to have. I'm guessing it will fail its test trial and go away. Meanwhile, I am going to continue to make silly threads where I ban everyone or the people whom they are about.

Grind takes it seriously. I have no idea why he puts up with your stupid shit, but you're wrong.

canceled.2021.1
01-02-2013, 10:12 AM
yeah gaming the system is so fun.

I just wish people had the fucking guts to actually defend their shit instead of just trying to make people go away

Well it isn't working. You are still herei knew you were insecure but I didn't know it was this bad. It is good to know your weakness

canceled.2021.1
01-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Grind takes it seriously. I have no idea why he puts up with your stupid shit, but you're wrong.

That makes it even funnier

BRUTALITOPS
01-02-2013, 12:20 PM

you know, you are really making me kinda peeved, because if you go to the APP section there is a a sticky very clearly outlining the rules.

First, I know you posted here three years ago, so this isn't some mystery forum, or something new.

APP is a place meant for high level discussion, not the typical mudslinging, here are the rules from APP:

1. No racism, sexism, homophobia, general bigotry
2. No insults directed at specific individuals
3. No trolling
4. No flaming
5. No "Message Board Wars," please check personal vendettas at the door
6. No thread de-railment. Please stay on topic.

Please be courteous, kind, patient, intelligent and receptive to one another

Repeat offenders/those that show blatant disregard for the criteria, or those that are particularly nasty will be silenced from the forum for a amount of time deemed appropriate by mods after taking all the facts into consideration

So when your first posts in APP are calling someone an asshole, and then a "fucking idiot", and then a fucking idiot again, you are are breaking the rules. That forum is for mature discussion.

Unsurprisingly, very few people post there.

We try to make something for everyone at this site. Most forums have pretty much zero moderation. APP was started for those that wanted a bit of a stricter environment, it makes up about 10% of all the sub forums on this site, every other forum is completely unchanged.

So to reiterate, APP is nothing new, it's been around since 2009.

The new thing is personal thread bans. Anyone can ban who they like from threads upon starting it. This was to block trolls. It was to help people like howey from having someone like ILA coming into his threads calling him a "homo" or plenty of other names that are pretty terrible. It was created so certain women wouldn't have to deal with being called cunts or have someone talking about "fist fucking them" It was created for BAC so he wouldn't have to deal with people calling him a "nigger." And it was created for the rest of us to not put up with assholes who's only purpose is to troll and disrupt threads and be inflammatory unproductive posters.

IT'S AN EXPERIMENT, IT'S A MONTH TRIAL, AND IF JPP DOESN'T END UP LIKING IT WE WILL GET RID OF IT.

But more to the point, I would appreciate it, if for just once, you don't look at things as if they are nefarious or if someone is out to get you. A lot of those types of posts were bothering large parts of the community here, so we came up with a solution that would help address those issues while also not getting to heavy handed or directly increasing moderation.

The community had a problem, we addressed it. That's what we do. We aren't married to any idea, we don't plan on forcing anything onto the JPP community. If JPP doesn't like it, we will get rid of it.

You are very welcome here desh, I am glad to have you back. But the sky isn't falling...I think you'll find that you can still post in almost all threads, only ILA is blocking you. Have you ever had a productive discussion with ILA? Think about the fact that there are still 40-50 active members at any one time you can still have meaningful conversations with.

Please talk to some others that you know and respect before you just assume it's big bad JPP being an asshole to you for no reason. That isn't the case.

Cancel 2016.11
01-02-2013, 12:22 PM
I agree, but I highly doubt she knew about APP, and if you use "today's post" (as i do) you don't see those rules.

Cancel 2016.11
01-02-2013, 12:23 PM
This was to block trolls. It was to help people like howey from having someone like ILA coming into his threads calling him a "homo" or plenty of other names that are pretty terrible. It was created so certain women wouldn't have to deal with being called cunts or have someone talking about "fist fucking them" It was created for BAC so he wouldn't have to deal with people calling him a "nigger." And it was created for the rest of us to not put up with assholes who's only purpose is to troll and disrupt threads and be inflammatory unproductive posters.

I think that this is really important though. A lot of people don't seem to understand that.

/MSG/
01-02-2013, 12:49 PM

You were banned from APP because you kept going around calling people fucking idiots and such. That's against the rules of APP.

canceled.2021.1
01-02-2013, 01:50 PM
This was to block trolls. It was to help people like howey from having someone like ILA coming into his threads calling him a "homo" or plenty of other names that are pretty terrible. It was created so certain women wouldn't have to deal with being called cunts or have someone talking about "fist fucking them" It was created for BAC so he wouldn't have to deal with people calling him a "nigger." And it was created for the rest of us to not put up with assholes who's only purpose is to troll and disrupt threads and be inflammatory unproductive posters.

I think that this is really important though. A lot of people don't seem to understand that.

Oh you poor victims who just can't survive without special rules to protect you from big, bad ole me.

She broke the rules, now you don't want her to live with the consequences.

USFREEDOM911
01-02-2013, 04:57 PM

Consider this an obscene, sexually graphic, degrading, abusive remark

Phantasmal
01-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Desh you just got banned from APP, above plain politics. And grind said that everyone knew the rules are different there, but he's wrong. You were gone for a long time, and I know you didn't know. It's a forum where you can't call any names. That's all. He should have explained it to you instead of banning you, and if you PM him and tell him that you didn't know (and I know you didn't know, too bad everyone else here is fucking clueless), I bet he will let you back on there. Hardly anyone posts in that forum anyway. You are not at all unwelcome, no way. This new thing where we can start threads and ban anyone we feel is a troll or abusive, you are the last person THAT is about. That's not about you. Don't feel that you are unwelcome, I love that you are back, Rana loves that you are back, christie, many others.

We haven't played werewolf in a long time, I'm not even playing next time, and the next time I play if I do, I will talk to you I promise. I don't want to get so wrapped up in that stupid game again, I almost killed someone the last time. A friend too!

Absolutely! Love having you back, pay no heed to men who can't handle you!

Phantasmal
01-02-2013, 05:12 PM
I hope you noticed I came to your defense. What's sad is that you were banned from APP for something so minor it's sad but afterwards ILA unleashed a tirade of i.sults towards you that were left there.

Seriously? Maybe, the mods are just busy.

Howey
01-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Seriously? Maybe, the mods are just busy.

Seeing as how they jumped right on Desh's post and banned her, you'd think they'd keep an eye on ILA considering his troll rep.

BRUTALITOPS
01-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Seeing as how they jumped right on Desh's post and banned her, you'd think they'd keep an eye on ILA considering his troll rep.

if you see any offending posts, report them. I am about to get on the road so will be inactive for the rest of the night probably.

Howey
01-02-2013, 06:52 PM
if you see any offending posts, report them. I am about to get on the road so will be inactive for the rest of the night probably.

okee dokey.

canceled.2021.1
01-02-2013, 06:58 PM
okee dokey.

Lookey lookey. Homey has a mission in life.

Howey: "I will be your lackey Mr. Grind"

How pathetic. What a loser

Cancel 2018. 3
01-02-2013, 07:17 PM
nice, we have our very own board tattle tale

Canceled.2014.1
01-02-2013, 07:28 PM
nice, we have our very own board tattle tale

Why is someone reporting violations of the board rules a problem?

Minister of Truth
01-02-2013, 07:35 PM

Post reported.

Canceled.2014.1
01-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Post reported.

Report posted.

Cancel 2018. 3
01-02-2013, 09:24 PM

he has created at least a dozen posts in several threads about it

as a board owner, he knows that moderation is done via PM, not complaining about it all over the board. his intent isn't just to remedy the rule, rather to get certain members banned.

/MSG/
01-02-2013, 11:43 PM
Report posted.

Infraction infracted.

cancel2 2022
01-03-2013, 04:47 AM

I like the feature and will start using it. It also pains me to have to agree with Darla that your joke threads are not funny and infantile.

cancel2 2022
01-03-2013, 04:51 AM
You were banned from APP because you kept going around calling people fucking idiots and such. That's against the rules of APP.

I would like to know how she doesn't know the rules of APP, she has been here long enough!!

canceled.2021.1
01-03-2013, 05:42 AM
Infraction infracted.

Or infarcted

Or infected

canceled.2021.1
01-03-2013, 05:44 AM
I would like to know how she doesn't know the rules of APP, she has been here long enough!!

It doesn't matter to Darla and Howey. It is about keeping up the impression that lefties are as pure as the wind driven snow.

They can't stand that I can post at APP and Desh can't. It really messes with thier world view.

That is why Howey is stalking me looking for board infractions.

Rune
01-03-2013, 06:58 AM
I like the feature and will start using it. It also pains me to have to agree with Darla that my joke threads are not funny and infantile.

Fixed another one for you.

evince
01-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Absolutely! Love having you back, pay no heed to men who can't handle you!

thanks guys,

I will soldier on

Its actually getting kinda funny.

one poster jsut posted a thread about some guy ocvering his ears on a Fox show in an attempt to NOT listen to their stupid remarks.

He chastised the guy for not listening and then Banned me and others from posting in the thread.

I posted a thread about it and banned myself from the thread.

evince
01-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Report posted.

peeport roasted

Oh that was not intended to sound like a threat

Minister of Truth
01-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Okay, now I'm just confused...

canceled.2021.1
01-03-2013, 09:29 AM
thanks guys,

I will soldier on

Its actually getting kinda funny.

one poster jsut posted a thread about some guy ocvering his ears on a Fox show in an attempt to NOT listen to their stupid remarks.

He chastised the guy for not listening and then Banned me and others from posting in the thread.

I posted a thread about it and banned myself from the thread.

The burdens you carry. Keep on keepin on.

Don Quixote
01-03-2013, 07:47 PM

thank you for the interesting feature