PDA

View Full Version : Why does no one use APP?

BRUTALITOPS
12-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Serious question.

Is it a self perpetuating cycle of not using it because nobody else uses it, because nobody uses it?

Is it because you don't like the extra rules?

Do you feel it serves a purpose on JPP?

Please give feedback

Thanks

Phantasmal
12-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Serious question.

Is it a self perpetuating cycle of not using it because nobody else uses it, because nobody uses it?

Please give feedback

Thanks

I forget about it.

USFREEDOM911
12-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Serious question.

Please give feedback

Thanks

The fucking language rules are to tyrannical. :D

Dixie - In Memoriam
12-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Serious question.

Please give feedback

Thanks

I told you when you created it that it wouldn't work and why no one would bother using it. The "rules" are essentially the same rules as the rest of the forum, but you get to play judge and jury and determine when to enforce them, and no one is interested in that. IF you had established a forum with concrete restrictions and guidelines that everyone had to follow all of the time, and it wasn't left up to your discretion when to enforce those rules, it might have worked. But what you wanted was a board where you could sit on your throne and pick winners and losers, and apply the rules as you pleased. It failed, as I predicted it would. You should learn to listen to me.

Damocles
12-19-2012, 05:41 PM
LOL. I love how Dix acts as if we have something invested in it. And he clearly hasn't read the rules for that forum recently. It doesn't matter though because it costs nothing to have and never will cost any more or less to have or get rid of. Nothing at all, not even emotion, is invested in it.

I originally thought of three areas, the "above plain politics" where people argued above partisan politics into strategy, etc. with rules on language, etc. The regular JPP, and then the "below plain politics" (what we now call the War Zone).

Dixie - In Memoriam
12-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Damo, I didn't "act as if" anything, I simply gave my opinion to the question asked. I think I said when you originally did it, I didn't care what you did, it's your board, you can do whatever you please here. I just simply said I thought APP was a joke, and I still do. That's why no one uses it.

You can revamp the rules all you like, as long as they are cloaked in "it will be determined" then it's totally meaningless to me. You and Grind can "determine" on the regular forums, that isn't any revolutionary distinction. The rules are essentially the same, except that Grind gets to play King, and you're okay with that, and that is fine, it's your board!

For the record, here is what I had to say about the APP board when you started it:

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?20088-clearification-of-a-rule

tinfoil
12-19-2012, 06:17 PM
I got kicked out of that forum. LOL too many infractions. I don't get a textbox to post anything.

BRUTALITOPS
12-19-2012, 06:56 PM
dixie we changed the rules probably since the last time you've been to APP, it's technically different rules than what it used to be. But as to your assertion that I would "play king" . . . after APP came into existence it went pretty much ignored for more than 2.5 years. I mean you can't allege that I would want to arbitrarily enforce stuff when I wasn't bothering enforcing anything.

But in any case, what you probably wanted in the old days is more in line with what we have now. Flaming, trolling, derailing/not staying on topic all not allowed there. The first iteration was a bit more vauge, and was for more serious stuff insults. (not petty insults) now we delete petty insults too under trolling/flaming/derailing clauses.

Dixie - In Memoriam
12-19-2012, 07:36 PM
dixie we changed the rules probably since the last time you've been to APP, it's technically different rules than what it used to be. But as to your assertion that I would "play king" . . . after APP came into existence it went pretty much ignored for more than 2.5 years. I mean you can't allege that I would want to arbitrarily enforce stuff when I wasn't bothering enforcing anything.

But in any case, what you probably wanted in the old days is more in line with what we have now. Flaming, trolling, derailing/not staying on topic all not allowed there. The first iteration was a bit more vauge, and was for more serious stuff insults. (not petty insults) now we delete petty insults too under trolling/flaming/derailing clauses.

After APP came into existence, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you honestly wanted to have an "above the fray" board, and posted the following thread:

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?20070-APP-Hypothetical-Scenario-for-Thinkers

It took just a few posts for the first "rule violation" to occur, and I called your attention to it immediately.
http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?20070-APP-Hypothetical-Scenario-for-Thinkers&p=481851#post481851
http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?20070-APP-Hypothetical-Scenario-for-Thinkers&p=481895#post481895

You balked at taking action because you told me in a PM that it didn't "rise to the level" of a violation for me to be called "retarded" and my argument to be called "stupid."

The insulting continued in the following posts:
http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?20070-APP-Hypothetical-Scenario-for-Thinkers&p=482086#post482086

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?20070-APP-Hypothetical-Scenario-for-Thinkers&p=482100#post482100

After my continued insistence that you enforce your own board policies, you begrudgingly decided to edit the "offensive" words in the post with: "[ bad word O_O ]" Which I interpreted as a mockery and ridicule of my complaint for the rest of the board to see. No one was banned, his posts weren't deleted, you simply took the opportunity to mock me for forcing you to comply with your own policy.

You now want to argue that things are different, you've changed the rules, but the rules still allow you to make the call, to determine when someone has violated the rules or when someone deserves to be mocked and ridiculed publicly, by you being cute and petty. In other words, it's still up to King Grind, and whatever He says, is what we all have to live by. No thanks!

BRUTALITOPS
12-19-2012, 07:40 PM
dixie i don't want to get into a protracted argument with you over this. thanks for your opinion though.

canceled.2021.1
12-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Serious question.

Please give feedback

Thanks

I am not allowed to post there. Probably because I am too controversial ;)

Dixie - In Memoriam
12-19-2012, 08:17 PM
dixie i don't want to get into a protracted argument with you over this. thanks for your opinion though.

You're welcome, but there wasn't any kind of an "argument" happening here.

BRUTALITOPS
12-19-2012, 08:44 PM

you have to specifically request it

BRUTALITOPS
12-19-2012, 08:44 PM
You're welcome, but there wasn't any kind of an "argument" happening here.

i know... cause i didn't partake :p

canceled.2021.1
12-19-2012, 08:54 PM

Oh I have to ask? No thanks. I am having too much fun where I am.

Cancel 2016.11
12-20-2012, 05:08 AM
After APP came into existence, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you honestly wanted to have an "above the fray" board, and posted the following thread:

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?20070-APP-Hypothetical-Scenario-for-Thinkers

It took just a few posts for the first "rule violation" to occur, and I called your attention to it immediately.
http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?20070-APP-Hypothetical-Scenario-for-Thinkers&p=481851#post481851
http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?20070-APP-Hypothetical-Scenario-for-Thinkers&p=481895#post481895

You balked at taking action because you told me in a PM that it didn't "rise to the level" of a violation for me to be called "retarded" and my argument to be called "stupid."

The insulting continued in the following posts:
http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?20070-APP-Hypothetical-Scenario-for-Thinkers&p=482086#post482086

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?20070-APP-Hypothetical-Scenario-for-Thinkers&p=482100#post482100

After my continued insistence that you enforce your own board policies, you begrudgingly decided to edit the "offensive" words in the post with: "[ bad word O_O ]" Which I interpreted as a mockery and ridicule of my complaint for the rest of the board to see. No one was banned, his posts weren't deleted, you simply took the opportunity to mock me for forcing you to comply with your own policy.

You now want to argue that things are different, you've changed the rules, but the rules still allow you to make the call, to determine when someone has violated the rules or when someone deserves to be mocked and ridiculed publicly, by you being cute and petty. In other words, it's still up to King Grind, and whatever He says, is what we all have to live by. No thanks!

This harrowing story really tugged at my heart strings. I was never even aware this went on. I wish some sort of board alert could go out while something like this is happening? So that we can all swarm and have a chance to do something...hearing about it afterwards just makes me, and I'm certain most others, feel helpless. Grind is a dictatorial effing bastard and as far as I am concerned he can sit on his crown spikes first!

cancel2 2022
12-20-2012, 10:41 AM

In other words; Dixie, we hear what you say (and then choose to totally ignore it!!)

Damocles
12-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Or because you never asked for access.

Banned
12-20-2012, 10:59 AM
So more people are catching on to the real Grind?

cancel2 2022
12-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Donkey Hotey uses it!!

Don Quixote
12-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Serious question.

Please give feedback

Thanks

i use app and even get replies

BRUTALITOPS
12-20-2012, 04:50 PM
and we salute you for it don :)

cancel2 2022
12-20-2012, 05:52 PM
i use app and even get replies

see post 20!!!

Timshel
12-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Good job grind!

Rocketman
12-20-2012, 09:43 PM
I have always wanted to but not allowed, too new I guess

canceled.2021.1
12-21-2012, 03:04 AM

Apparently you have to fill out Form 3465GOV in triplicate, have a background check and personal 1:1 interview with Grind first

BRUTALITOPS
12-21-2012, 04:22 AM
more like... "hey guys can i post in app?" and we go .."ok"

Don Quixote
12-21-2012, 07:19 AM
see post 20!!!

your post is bloody rude, crude and socially unacceptable

Rune
12-21-2012, 08:33 AM

Nah, too stupid. You are welcome to post in Below Plain Politics though.

cancel2 2022
12-21-2012, 08:39 AM
your post is bloody rude, crude and socially unacceptable

I see that the humour bypass op was successful.

Banned
12-21-2012, 08:40 AM
If I had access I might not notice I am in the APP forum and post something inappropriate and get banned.

Rocketman
12-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Nah, too stupid. You are welcome to post in Below Plain Politics though.

Since you are the most ignorant fucker here we know that is a lie LMAO!

Rune
12-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Since you are the most ignorant fucker here we know that is a lie LMAO!

While you are a regular John Stuart Mill :palm:

Minister of Truth
12-21-2012, 01:21 PM
There was a time when the only topics discussed in the APP were global warming and homosexuality. Fuck the APP.

Grecian
12-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Serious question.

Please give feedback

ThanksI'm not allowed to post there, so i guess it has something to do with longevity and posting record.

canceled.2021.1
12-30-2012, 05:44 PM
more like... "hey guys can i post in app?" and we go .."ok"

"hey guys can I post in app"?

BRUTALITOPS
12-30-2012, 05:56 PM
grecian, ILA, you are both approved for APP now.

Don Quixote
12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm not allowed to post there, so i guess it has something to do with longevity and posting record.

you have to select app in the title line

my suspicion is that too many do not like the rules for posting in app

Damocles
12-30-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm not allowed to post there, so i guess it has something to do with longevity and posting record.

You simply request access and we'll hook you up.

ZappasGuitar
12-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Serious question.

Please give feedback

Thanks

No one wants to engage in civil discourse in any other section of these forums, why should I waste my time banging my head against the wall in APP just to be ignored or insulted again?

Cancel 2018. 3
12-31-2012, 12:21 PM
No one wants to engage in civil discourse in any other section of these forums, why should I waste my time banging my head against the wall in APP just to be ignored or insulted again?

why do you constantly whine about insults, yet dish them out every day you post here?

ZappasGuitar
12-31-2012, 01:33 PM
why do you constantly whine about insults, yet dish them out every day you post here?

Just following the example set by you.

Cancel 2018. 3
12-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Just following the example set by you.

that is odd, because i'm not the one who constantly whines about insults and then pull a two face and engage in insults. that person is YOU.

the only time i remark on insults is to MOCK your hypocrisy. i find it truly laughable that you're so weak you have to claim you're following me in order to justify your double standards. you're not strong enough to walk the walk.

:)

cawacko
12-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Why don't people take responsibility for their own behavior and quit blaming others? We each can control what we say. We have a choice how we respond to people. We have a choice in who we choose to engage in coversation. If you want good conversation don't respond to those who don't offer it.

ZappasGuitar
12-31-2012, 04:25 PM
that is odd, because i'm not the one who constantly whines about insults and then pull a two face and engage in insults. that person is YOU.

the only time i remark on insults is to MOCK your hypocrisy. i find it truly laughable that you're so weak you have to claim you're following me in order to justify your double standards. you're not strong enough to walk the walk.

:)

Hilarious...you troll thread after thread with your petty insults and whining.

And the ONLY time you remark on insults is to mock my hypocrisy?

Uh-huh...

ban howey from creating threads.

he whines about ILA's thread, yet, what does he do? creates a useless thread whining and bitching about ILA's thread. what a fucking whiny baby who doesn't realize he is doing exactly what he is complaining of

this is not your board howey, stop trying to run it and stop whining.

There's you..."remarking on insults"...you even created a new thread to highlight your whiny little rant.

What a surprise...Yurt gets busted lying once more.

Cancel 2018. 3
12-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Hilarious...you troll thread after thread with your petty insults and whining.

And the ONLY time you remark on insults is to mock my hypocrisy?

Uh-huh...

There's you..."remarking on insults"...you even created a new thread to highlight your whiny little rant.

What a surprise...Yurt gets busted lying once more.

you're worthless

tell me...what thread am i MOCKING? oh yeah....howey's thread. and liar...i didn't mention insults once.

take cawacko's advice and start taking responsibility for your own actions. stop blaming me because you're a two faced jack ass.

I'm Watermark
02-05-2013, 01:58 PM

I'd like to request permission to post up there. :medit: