PDA

View Full Version : What we need...

Brent
08-20-2006, 01:10 PM
A party which is right-wing on social issues and is strongly Nationalist, but is left-wing on economics and the environment. Surely I am not the only one who would be represented by such a party?

Annie
08-20-2006, 01:20 PM
A party which is right-wing on social issues and is strongly Nationalist, but is left-wing on economics and the environment. Surely I am not the only one who would be represented by such a party?

What do you mean? :confused: What do you consider 'right wing' on social issues? KKK? What do you mean by nationalistic v. patriotism?

What do you mean by left wing on economics? (That I'm very confused by). What about Environment? You mean ELF? :eek:

OrnotBitwise
08-20-2006, 01:44 PM
What do you mean? :confused: What do you consider 'right wing' on social issues? KKK? What do you mean by nationalistic v. patriotism?

What do you mean by left wing on economics? (That I'm very confused by). What about Environment? You mean ELF? :eek:
Brent's just a poo-flinger. Ignore him. All he's trying to do is to make as many people angry as possible.

Annie
08-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Brent's just a poo-flinger. Ignore him. All he's trying to do is to make as many people angry as possible.

Well unless he responds, I'll have to take your word for it, and let this go. That's the problem with being a newbie! :p

Brent
08-20-2006, 04:30 PM
What do you mean? :confused: What do you consider 'right wing' on social issues? KKK?

No. Conservative on life, marriage, family, etc.

What do you mean by nationalistic v. patriotism?

Patriotism + National service.

What do you mean by left wing on economics? (That I'm very confused by).

'Left-wing' was a simplistic way of puting it. Economic Nationalism is a better term. That is to say, economic policies which benefit the Nation as a whole, not merely a select group of individuals. Examples: a sound money system (silver or some form of precious alloy), protectionism, a verticle trade union, etc.

I also support single-payer healthcare.

What about Environment?

Discourage waste; encourage recycling.

For example, soon I might be purchasing a piece of lake-front property with a 1800 SqFt shop on it. My plan would be to preserve the frame of the shop and convert the building into a home. By reusing the frame, instead of tearing it down (the typical American approach is to tear it down), I've not only saved money -- I've also saved trees.

No, I am not a tree hugger. I'll be cutting down at least 100 trees on my own property. I'm just convicted that I should be as unwasteful as possible, and show good stewardship to God's planet. :)

I believe we should enact policies which discourage waste. We need to be more like Europe in these regards.

BRUTALITOPS
08-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Brent you have no right to tell me what to do. Sorry bud.

Annie
08-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Brent, I'm not seeing a lot of cross over here. You seem to stand alone.

Cancel7
08-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Brent, I'm not seeing a lot of cross over here. You seem to stand alone.

Oh, that's not the only thing he does alone.

uscitizen
08-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Oh, that's not the only thing he does alone.

LOL, got that right :)

DigitalDave
08-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Brent, I would love to see a party like that, and reason being is that it would show people just exactly what is NOT good policy. It would seem so wrong to a freedom loving American citizen that they would have to rethink there stance on a lot of issues and just take the opposite viewpoint, because they don't want to be associated with a group of nutcases.

IHateGovernment
08-21-2006, 10:00 AM
The populist party of the early twentieth century is like that.
So are the falconist and fascist party.

In fact so is the modern Republican party to a good degree as is exemplified in the neoconservative movement. The economic conservatism of Barry Goldwater has long since disappeared from it.

IHateGovernment
08-21-2006, 10:01 AM
You probably would have been a fan of William Jenings Bryan.

leaningright
08-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Well, Brent's idea describes me to a tee. I am socially conservative. I like it when someone calls bad behavior "bad behavior." I am for more restrictions on abortions. I am anti "gay-marraige" but pro "civil unions" (not just limited to gays). I'd like to see some censorship in the public airways.

I am also for help for those who are truly trying to help themselves but can't seem to get over the hump. Whether it be in some sort of welfare for the individuals (continual for the truly disabled) or in the form of public healthcare, or whatever can realistically be done to help these people, I am for it. I would love to see someone really cut waste/pork out of the budget and use our money for what it was intended.

IHateGovernment
08-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Yeah I would probably describe you as a populist leaning.

Annie
08-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, Brent's idea describes me to a tee. I am socially conservative. I like it when someone calls bad behavior "bad behavior." I am for more restrictions on abortions. I am anti "gay-marraige" but pro "civil unions" (not just limited to gays). I'd like to see some censorship in the public airways.

I am also for help for those who are truly trying to help themselves but can't seem to get over the hump. Whether it be in some sort of welfare for the individuals (continual for the truly disabled) or in the form of public healthcare, or whatever can realistically be done to help these people, I am for it. I would love to see someone really cut waste/pork out of the budget and use our money for what it was intended.You sound like me! :clink:

Edit: I just don't think that is what Brent was saying.

OrnotBitwise
08-21-2006, 06:12 PM

I am also for help for those who are truly trying to help themselves but can't seem to get over the hump. Whether it be in some sort of welfare for the individuals (continual for the truly disabled) or in the form of public healthcare, or whatever can realistically be done to help these people, I am for it. I would love to see someone really cut waste/pork out of the budget and use our money for what it was intended.
Trouble is, you lot tend to call bad behavior "freedom of religion."

Brent
08-23-2006, 01:03 PM

Agreed. I bet we could accomplish all of those goals, and spend a lot LESS.