PDA

View Full Version : My High School is in the News!

Beefy
08-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm so proud. The thing is, that was the coolest school around when I was there 15 years ago. A really great experience, even though there were no broads. It meant the geeks and the jocks were buddies, no caste system.

But, an all boys school will attract perverts I guess.

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_6541371

ib1yysguy
08-04-2007, 07:37 PM

Is that why you like it?

cawacko
08-04-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm so proud. The thing is, that was the coolest school around when I was there 15 years ago. A really great experience, even though there were no broads. It meant the geeks and the jocks were buddies, no caste system.

Y'all had some good athletes come out of Crespi right? A couple of guys played football at USC. Did Russel White go there?

Beefy
08-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Is that why you like it?

Why you always gotta be hatin' on me?

Y'all had some good athletes come out of Crespi right? A couple of guys played football at USC. Did Russel White go there?

Yeah, Russell White, Jeff Suppan was in my class, and there's a half dozen of other pro football and baseball players that came through there. Pretty good for a small school that only turns out 80 or so graduates per year.

Don't forget, one of us became a pretty good internet poster.

cawacko
08-04-2007, 07:49 PM

Yeah, Russell White, Jeff Suppan was in my class, and there's a half dozen of other pro football and baseball players that came through there. Pretty good for a small school that only turns out 80 or so graduates per year.

HaHa, did you get voted Best Future Internet Poster your Senior year?

Beefy
08-04-2007, 07:52 PM
HaHa, did you get voted Best Future Internet Poster your Senior year?

Well, no one even knew what the internet was when I was there. There were geeks and such that had modems, but I graduated in 1993. I was voted best musician and a couple of other things. There were only 80 of us.

I've since come to the grim conclusion that I peaked in February of '93.

Cancel7
08-05-2007, 10:22 AM

That's right! And a horny one too...there's nothing like a little (or a lot) repression in your formidable years to turn you into a horny adult.

Take it from a former Catholic School girl.

evince
08-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Damn Beefy a school like that has got to cost some dough in Encino.

You must have been a rich kid.

Beefy
08-05-2007, 02:00 PM
That's right! And a horny one too...there's nothing like a little (or a lot) repression in your formidable years to turn you into a horny adult.

Take it from a former Catholic School girl.

Ah, I love it when you talk like this. I just wish Tooth #8 was here to see it with me.

Beefy
08-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Damn Beefy a school like that has got to cost some dough in Encino.

You must have been a rich kid.

It was $600 a month when I went there. My parents were fairly well off. You plobably know my last name but don't know it has to do with me.

Cancel7
08-05-2007, 02:02 PM
It was $600 a month when I went there. My parents were fairly well off. You plobably know my last name but don't know it has to do with me.

It's not Kotex is it?

Cancel7
08-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Ah, I love it when you talk like this. I just wish Tooth #8 was here to see it with me.

;)

Beefy
08-05-2007, 02:08 PM
It's not Kotex is it?

LOL, I wish.

evince
08-05-2007, 02:23 PM

I really dont know if I would have wanted to have wealthy parents.

I do wish they were a little more clued into how to be an effective parent and a little about how not to have yourself used by people every time you made a move But I could see how even with the benifits of a good education liek you were given being the child of wealth and especially fame would be one great big pain in the ass.

I guess we all have our burdens to bare?

Beefy
08-05-2007, 02:27 PM

I do wish they were a little more clued into how to be an effective parent and a little about how not to have yourself used by people every time you made a move But I could see how even with the benifits of a good education liek you were given being the child of wealth and especially fame would be one great big pain in the ass.

I don't have wealth or fame. Neither do my parents anymore. My pop did well until the late 80's, then some shit happened and he lost most of it. But they were always fantastic parents, I didn't even really know they were wealthy until I was about 15.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-05-2007, 02:39 PM

Was he part of NABLA?

evince
08-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't have wealth or fame. Neither do my parents anymore. My pop did well until the late 80's, then some shit happened and he lost most of it. But they were always fantastic parents, I didn't even really know they were wealthy until I was about 15.

That is the most important part.

My parents were good people just not very intuitive parents.

I can remember my Dad bringing home people he was planning to do business with and beig a child and thinking "oh Dad not this guy hes a creep".

He was a decent an honest man but seemed to be able to get taken at every turn in his life and then would get drunk and use us as his verbal punching bag.

Now that he is gone I sometimes wonder just how much he was even aware of what he did.

I guess it comforts me to see him as clueless.

I cant even imagine what it would be like to have parents you could go get advice on how life works.

cawacko
08-05-2007, 02:58 PM

Did your father work in real estate?

TheHighbrow
08-05-2007, 03:03 PM
I went to an all boys school. 17 people in my class. Ah, those were great times, they were...

evince
08-05-2007, 03:13 PM
I really think a big part of why high schools are failing is they are too big for the kids to feel like they are part of a community.

I went to a huge puplic high school and it makes you feel like you are expected to act like cattle.

The admin for he most part has no idea who you are and never get to know you because of class size.

Beefy
08-05-2007, 03:44 PM
That is the most important part.

My parents were good people just not very intuitive parents.

I can remember my Dad bringing home people he was planning to do business with and beig a child and thinking "oh Dad not this guy hes a creep".

He was a decent an honest man but seemed to be able to get taken at every turn in his life and then would get drunk and use us as his verbal punching bag.

Now that he is gone I sometimes wonder just how much he was even aware of what he did.

I guess it comforts me to see him as clueless.

I cant even imagine what it would be like to have parents you could go get advice on how life works.

That sucks. I've been royally fortunate to have a super cool family.

Did your father work in real estate?

No, he was in the Mafia.

Beefy
08-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Just kidding.

He was in retail.

evince
08-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I was thinking maybe savings and loans?

Beefy
08-05-2007, 06:51 PM
I was thinking maybe savings and loans?

No, my pop is the most honest man I know. Everything always was on the up and up with him. He lost his business to a hostile takeover in '88. He never wanted to sell, but some liberal Judge forced the sale.

evince
08-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Liberal judge?

Hmmm

I was just kidding about the SnL.

Sorry to hear about it though , must have broke his heart to lose his business that way.

Beefy
08-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Liberal judge?

Hmmm

I was just kidding about the SnL.

Sorry to hear about it though , must have broke his heart to lose his business that way.

Well, the judge was a penis anyway. I don't know his politics but yeah, it was hard on him. He started it with $900, and turned it into the largest company of its kind, then the vultures came in.

evince
08-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Fuckers

They are the ones distroying this country in my mind.

My brother in law and a couple of his friends had a great idea for a business and just as they were getting off the ground they had it ripped out from underneath them in the same way.

Beefy
08-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Fuckers

They are the ones distroying this country in my mind.

My brother in law and a couple of his friends had a great idea for a business and just as they were getting off the ground they had it ripped out from underneath them in the same way.

Yup. Corporate raiders, and the consolidation of businesses via the government fucked my pop out of a huge fortune. Now a multibillion dollar investment corporation owns it, and has butchered it for profit.

LadyT
08-06-2007, 03:03 PM

I wish my parents were filthy stinking rich. man, that was easy.

evince
08-06-2007, 03:13 PM
I wish my MOM was rich too but I would not have wanted to be raised rich after knowing what being poor and having to do it all my self taught me.

LadyT
08-06-2007, 03:16 PM
I wish my MOM was rich too but I would not have wanted to be raised rich after knowing what being poor and having to do it all my self taught me.

I think I'd be okay reading about being poor while driving an s-class.

evince
08-06-2007, 03:18 PM
I dont even know what an S-class is.

I truely think I understand what it takes to make me happy due to spending time poor.

LadyT
08-06-2007, 03:24 PM
I dont even know what an S-class is.

I truely think I understand what it takes to make me happy due to spending time poor.

Poor people don't have cool stuff. What do they know about happiness?

(j/k)

evince
08-06-2007, 03:26 PM
LOL , I know people with massive houses and the COOLEST shit in the world who cant even touch my ability to be happy and have fun.

But now that I know how to do that can I please be filthy rich GOD PLEASE!!!!!

LadyT
08-06-2007, 04:05 PM
LOL , I know people with massive houses and the COOLEST shit in the world who cant even touch my ability to be happy and have fun.

But now that I know how to do that can I please be filthy rich GOD PLEASE!!!!!

Exactly! Now you get it! :D

evince
08-06-2007, 04:21 PM
I was just kidding Tia, I think I will manage to end up with enough money to stay happy the rest of my life , if I really did get rich I would spend the rest of my life helping people.

LadyT
08-06-2007, 04:32 PM
I was just kidding Tia, I think I will manage to end up with enough money to stay happy the rest of my life , if I really did get rich I would spend the rest of my life helping people.

by 'kidding' do you mean serious?

evince
08-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Yeah kidding I dont even believe in god