PDA

View Full Version : If Americans only knew

evince
08-20-2006, 09:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Z6UQQlnCQ&eurl=

OrnotBitwise
08-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Okay, who's going to be the first to jump in and claim that Desh is anti-Semitic? I should start a poll.

Sadly, support for Israel in this country has morphed into hate for, or at least dismissal of, the Palestinian Arabs.

evince
08-20-2006, 10:59 AM
My support is for America ,Our blind support of Israel is targeting the terror at US.

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Okay, who's going to be the first to jump in and claim that Desh is anti-Semitic? I should start a poll.

Sadly, support for Israel in this country has morphed into hate for, or at least dismissal of, the Palestinian Arabs.

What a moron, another total shitbrick response!

This should read "If America only knew this side of the story" For every depiction here one can be made for the opposing view as well. At nest it is nothing more than an opinion piece from formers, but I do love the touch how they put this on the bush administration as if they are the only ones to portray support for Israel.

Gotta love the fact find basis found around here, no wonder it is a board full of shitbricks......

evince
08-20-2006, 11:17 AM
this guy is a real moran.

Yes there are two sides to everything and this is the exact point of this whole post.

We run around in America pretending that Israel can do NO wrong.

the deaths of little children who happen to have commited only one crime, being born arab means nothing.

Why do they hate us?

Annie
08-20-2006, 12:51 PM

Why do they hate us? Because we are infidels? They hated us before Gulf War I. They hated us before WWII, WWI, the Revolutionary War. It's not about Israel or oil.

Cypress
08-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Because we are infidels? They hated us before Gulf War I. They hated us before WWII, WWI, the Revolutionary War. It's not about Israel or oil.

this is an unmitigated lie.

The arabs have not "always" hated us. The only started to hate us since about the 1960 and 1970s when our support for israel became entirely one-sided.

The arabs actually had good relations and largely respected us prior to the 1960s. It was AMERICANS who backed the arabs against the French and British colonial overlords. For example, Eisenhower backed the arabs in the 1950s Suez crises against their european overlords.

Annie
08-20-2006, 01:06 PM

The arabs have not "always" hated us. The only started to hate us since about the 1960 and 1970s when our support for israel became entirely one-sided.

The arabs actually had good relations and largely respected us prior to the 1960s. It was AMERICANS who backed the arabs against the French and British colonial overlords. For example, Eisenhower backed the arabs in the 1950s Suez crises against their european overlords.

If you are referring to non-Muslim Arabs, I might agree. However, Islam has always wanted the world divided into believers and infidels. Some might qualify for dhimmitude, but that is the best that can be hoped for.

Read the Koran.

Cypress
08-20-2006, 01:10 PM
If you are referring to non-Muslim Arabs, I might agree. However, Islam has always wanted the world divided into believers and infidels. Some might qualify for dhimmitude, but that is the best that can be hoped for.

Read the Koran.

So, have extremist christians over the years. They've tried to convert all non-believers through violent and non-violent means. Extremists everywhere think they have all the answers.

You were wrong, however - dead wrong - that the arab states and the arab people at large have "always" hated america. Its simply not true, regardless of what rush limbaugh instructed you to think

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 01:13 PM
this guy is a real moran.

Yes there are two sides to everything and this is the exact point of this whole post.

We run around in America pretending that Israel can do NO wrong.

the deaths of little children who happen to have commited only one crime, being born arab means nothing.

Why do they hate us?

Ok Douche, I can your level of intellectual vaule I am dealing with when you use a word like moran, is that the title of a rap song or something, or just the way your were taught last year leaving 5th grade?

The point I was making kid was the fact that the video was very much one sided, with one point directed. If anything the video projects nothing more than snip its from very one sided attitudes.

Hows about the children being born of arab decent that are taught to strap bombs to themselves, hows about that side of the story and why?

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 01:17 PM

Cyphilis, quit being a hardcore shitbrick! You can't undo time, you can't undo the the administrations that lived through the quarter century of arab hating Americans, but you can remove the uneducated, look up the facts on the net, shitbrick goggles!

Arabs are going to hate American with or without support of Israel, their uprising is in place, and no matter it be a dem or repub administration they will be looking to kill us all....

OrnotBitwise
08-20-2006, 01:17 PM

Read the Koran.
I have read the Koran. Reads exactly like the bible, for the most part.

Almost all religions -- and certainly all of the Abrahamaic, monotheistic religions -- divide the world into believers and infidels. Christianity does and Judaism does too. If you insist on making this into some sort of comic-book clash of religions then each side is equally at fault and equally hateful. Or so it seems from the outside.

Bloodthirsty fanatics are bloodthirsty fanatics, whether they hide behind a crescent or a cross or a magen David.

OrnotBitwise
08-20-2006, 01:19 PM
So, have extremist christians over the years. They've tried to convert all non-believers through violent and non-violent means. Extremists everywhere think they have all the answers.

You were wrong, however - dead wrong - that the arab states and the arab people at large have "always" hated america. Its simply not true, regardless of what rush limbaugh instructed you to thinkTrue. The United States -- and Americans, more to the point -- have traditionally been much more highly regarded in that region than we are now.

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 01:20 PM

You were wrong, however - dead wrong - that the arab states and the arab people at large have "always" hated america. Its simply not true, regardless of what rush limbaugh instructed you to think

As well as the way the wig wearing kerry has instructed you! Now take a moment and try to come up with something not so redundant, we already know that you wanna run & hide from it all over money, save a buck and educate yourself some!

Annie
08-20-2006, 01:23 PM

I do not cotton to Limbaugh, Savage, etc. Heck I'm not keen on Hannity and loathe O'Reilly.

I am not wrong on Islamics.

Now most importantly, give modern examples of Christians using violence for conversion, I might even say historical, but am not going to bother with the whole history thing, at least until I know you all better. (How's that Damo?)

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 01:23 PM
True. The United States -- and Americans, more to the point -- have traditionally been much more highly regarded in that region than we are now.

So here we are back to the hearts & minds I guess? Like I have said earlier in the post, you can't undo time! What, we don't have the backing of Iran, Syria?
I think we are still in good regards with the ones that count, and don't kid yourself that the reason for that isn't simply about global politics otherwise they too would be American hating countries.

Annie
08-20-2006, 01:26 PM
I have read the Koran. Reads exactly like the bible, for the most part.

Almost all religions -- and certainly all of the Abrahamaic, monotheistic religions -- divide the world into believers and infidels. Christianity does and Judaism does too. If you insist on making this into some sort of comic-book clash of religions then each side is equally at fault and equally hateful. Or so it seems from the outside.

Bloodthirsty fanatics are bloodthirsty fanatics, whether they hide behind a crescent or a cross or a magen David.
You are either lying or have a reading deficiency. Both Christianity and Judaism leave it for God to sort out.

OrnotBitwise
08-20-2006, 01:33 PM
You are either lying or have a reading deficiency. Both Christianity and Judaism leave it for God to sort out.
Neither Christian nor Jews do, however.

If you honestly believe that Islam is fundamentally more hateful or judgmental than Christianity, then you're lying to yourself. They are remarkably similar in many ways. That's why their baby killing fanatics are so much like Christian baby killing fanatics.

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 01:37 PM

Say Runyon, kinda hard to get across to shitbricks, hence the brick part at the ned of the stinky bastards! :cof1:

OrnotBitwise
08-20-2006, 01:38 PM
So here we are back to the hearts & minds I guess? Like I have said earlier in the post, you can't undo time! What, we don't have the backing of Iran, Syria?
I think we are still in good regards with the ones that count, and don't kid yourself that the reason for that isn't simply about global politics otherwise they too would be American hating countries.
The "ones that count" eh? And just who would those be?

Ultimately, the only people whose opinions matter in that region are the common Arabs and Persians on that cliched street -- Muslim, Christian, Zoroastrian and whatever else. If they come to believe that thieves and murderers like Bush, Cheney and Rummy are genuinely representative of the American people, we may as well close our embassies and go home.

OrnotBitwise
08-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Say Runyon, kinda hard to get across to shitbricks, hence the brick part at the ned of the stinky bastards! :cof1:
At least we realize that shit belongs in bricks, not brains. Try flushing your cranium once in a while: some genuine thought might actually flourish if it's not choked by sewage.

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 01:41 PM
The "ones that count" eh? And just who would those be?

Ultimately, the only people whose opinions matter in that region are the common Arabs and Persians on that cliched street -- Muslim, Christian, Zoroastrian and whatever else. If they come to believe that thieves and murderers like Bush, Cheney and Rummy are genuinely representative of the American people, we may as well close our embassies and go home.

Brilliant observation Ornery! Now when you come to realize even if it were a whole different admin perhaps of your choice they will not feel any different!
Typical one way attitude with the hatred of this administration showing the real lack of understanding what we are facing, and hardly this is due to the last few years of Bush being in office shitbrick!

Annie
08-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Neither Christian nor Jews do, however.

If you honestly believe that Islam is fundamentally more hateful or judgmental than Christianity, then you're lying to yourself. They are remarkably similar in many ways. That's why their baby killing fanatics are so much like Christian baby killing fanatics.

Whatever are you speaking of with "Christian baby killing fanatics"? Yes, Islam is more hateful, since it instructs believers to 'kill'...

You are interpreting the Bible the way you wish it to be.

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 01:44 PM
At least we realize that shit belongs in bricks, not brains. Try flushing your cranium once in a while: some genuine thought might actually flourish if it's not choked by sewage.

Hey now Ornery, I remain all original with my opinions here, no one liners patting the back of a post I like, no poll posting, no statistical bullshit like you and yer fellow shitbricks! No speak of genuine, can we get more of it out of ya other than that avatar?

Cypress
08-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Such anger, and so many insults flung towards fellow poster sir evil...why? Cheerleading us into a failed war, and voting twice for a president with 35% approval rating driving you towards insanity? What rock did Damocles dig you out from under - the FreeRepublic board?

Chill on the insults dude, if you want to be takend seriously here. Even Toby and Dixie aren't as mean-spirited as you.

OrnotBitwise
08-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Whatever are you speaking of with "Christian baby killing fanatics"? Yes, Islam is more hateful, since it instructs believers to 'kill'...

You are interpreting the Bible the way you wish it to be.
You seen any news from Uganda lately? There's some really model baby-killing Christians for you. Not to mention girl-raping and thieving. Of course, you'll claim that they're not "really" Christians. Right?

Everyone interprets the bible as they wish it to be. And everyone treats the Koran in the same way. You want the Muslims to be evil and hateful, so you interpret the Koran that way. You want Christians to be the good guys, so you conveniently ignore those parts of the bible that encourage the killing and persecution of non-believers.

Basically, monotheism sucks. It's far too prone to casting the world in terms of absolute Right and absolute Wrong.

Cypress
08-20-2006, 01:52 PM
You seen any news from Uganda lately? There's some really model baby-killing Christians for you. Not to mention girl-raping and thieving. Of course, you'll claim that they're not "really" Christians. Right?

Everyone interprets the bible as they wish it to be. And everyone treats the Koran in the same way. You want the Muslims to be evil and hateful, so you interpret the Koran that way. You want Christians to be the good guys, so you conveniently ignore those parts of the bible that encourage the killing and persecution of non-believers.

Basically, monotheism sucks. It's far too prone to casting the world in terms of absolute Right and absolute Wrong.

and how quickly we forget ethinic cleansing of bosnian muslims, by serb chrisitans.

There enough insanity in extremists of all religions.

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Such anger, and so many insults flung towards fellow poster sir evil...why? Cheerleading us into a failed war, and voting twice for a president with 35% approval rating driving you towards insanity? What rock did Damocles dig you out from under - the FreeRepublic board?

Chill on the insults dude, if you want to be takend seriously here. Even Toby and Dixie aren't as mean-spirited as you.

No anger on my side whatsoever Cyphilis, I was attacked my very first day here by your likeminded so I am just playing along with the mentality of the board.

Now you see, automatically you assume that I voted for bush because I present an opposing view to the one way pinhead minds of this board, it's like a disease that you are all infected with, the very anger you speak of runs through your veins as well as your fellow shitbricks here! Honestly I would be for a democratic administration if I thought they have more grounds to protect the American people but I can see the best that they can do is try to muster up votes, and stir public opinion in a time of war......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OrnotBitwise
08-20-2006, 01:59 PM
and how quickly we forget ethinic cleansing of bosnian muslims, by serb chrisitans.

There enough insanity in extremists of all religions.True, that. Singling out montheism was largely gratuitous. ;)

The sad fact is that religion, in general, does seem to have a way of inflamming people's worst passions. The best passions too, of course, or else we'd have burned all of the Believers long ago.

People become very angry and defensive when their world view is challenged. This is an old, even gospel -- pardon the blasphemy -- observation of anthropology. All people, everywhere. Doesn't matter what their religious creed is. Hell, even Buddhists can get violent when they feel their religion is under threat: look at Sri Lanka.

Sir Evil

There enough insanity in extremists of all religions.

And how even more quickly a subject can be taken of course! why not let them square out their opinions on the subject before you make a feeble attempt to change it?

Annie

Do me a favor, I'm not into flamming/or just trying to 'win', can you give me a couple links to what you are referring to regarding Uganda?

As for the Bible, I'm Catholic and all for interpretation, but you are coming at the premise all wrong, imo.

Christians, like the Germans in WWII, or many other Europeans 'giving up the Jews' are not always the good guys. I'm not delusional. So are you a polytheist? More like an atheist? Neither of which bothers me btw.

OrnotBitwise
08-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Do me a favor, I'm not into flamming/or just trying to 'win', can you give me a couple links to what you are referring to regarding Uganda?

As for the Bible, I'm Catholic and all for interpretation, but you are coming at the premise all wrong, imo.

Christians, like the Germans in WWII, or many other Europeans 'giving up the Jews' are not always the good guys. I'm not delusional. So are you a polytheist? More like an atheist? Neither of which bothers me btw.
You've never heard of the Lord's Resistance Army? Typical. Christians are exceedingly good at denial where the weaknesses of their doctrine are concerned.

So are many Muslims, of course. It does go both ways.

The Lord's Resistance Army is fighting -- if we may so dignify the term -- against the Ugandan government. They've been around for about 20 years or so. They want to establish a theocratic, allegedly Christian millenialist government. They are . . . well, "barbarians" is far too kind a word. They commit atrocities that even the most hardened Visigoths and Vikings might well blench at. "Beastial" is the wrong word too. Most non-human animals only kill for food.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3462901.stm
http://www.developments.org.uk/data/01/worldv1.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army

Yes, this is the most extreme extant example of Christian brutality -- I hope. The point is, simply, that any religion can be perverted into an excuse for aggression. Any religion, including Christianity. Hell, Christians have been far more aggressive and brutal and expansionist than Muslims over the past thousand years. The current situation is an aberation.

As for my own religion, I prefer to keep it private. I believe that religion should be private: I've no patience at all for either salvation or damnation. No, I'm no longer an atheist, though I was once. Yes, I am a polytheist.

I was raised in what you might call a multi-denominational Christian household. My dad is, basically, a deist. My mother was Anglican Catholic. My stepmother is Roman Catholic.

Annie
08-20-2006, 02:48 PM
You've never heard of the Lord's Resistance Army? Typical. Christians are exceedingly good at denial where the weaknesses of their doctrine are concerned.

So are many Muslims, of course. It does go both ways.moral equivalency, I really don't think so.

The Lord's Resistance Army is fighting -- if we may so dignify the term -- against the Ugandan government. They've been around for about 20 years or so. They want to establish a theocratic, allegedly Christian millenialist government. They are . . . well, "barbarians" is far too kind a word. They commit atrocities that even the most hardened Visigoths and Vikings might well blench at. "Beastial" is the wrong word too. Most non-human animals only kill for food.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3462901.stm
http://www.developments.org.uk/data/01/worldv1.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army

Yes, this is the most extreme extant example of Christian brutality -- I hope.I am going to go to these sites and will most likely respond later, if I can make heads or tails of the sites. The point is, simply, that any religion can be perverted into an excuse for aggression. Any religion, including Christianity. I believe that is what I was asking you to provide, something to back up this statement, not that your 'word' isn't the be all and end all...Hell, Christians have been far more aggressive and brutal and expansionist than Muslims over the past thousand years. Please, can you provide some links? It would be appreciated. The current situation is an aberation. Which one? NK? Afghanistan? Iraq? Lebanon? Iran?

As for my own religion, I prefer to keep it private. I believe that religion should be private: I've no patience at all for either salvation or damnation. No, I'm no longer an atheist, though I was once. Yes, I am a polytheist.

I was raised in what you might call a multi-denominational Christian household. My dad is, basically, a deist. My mother was Anglican Catholic. My stepmother is Roman Catholic.

Usually I would either fisk or respond. In this case, it seems both are warranted, so it may be a bit convoluted.

OrnotBitwise
08-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Usually I would either fisk or respond. In this case, it seems both are warranted, so it may be a bit convoluted.
Indeed. Are you seriously going to try to contend that Christianity is somehow less conducive to violence and barbarity than Islam? This should be entertaining.

evince
08-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Just think how much our saving of Muslims in bosnia helped Bin Ladin and AQ?

This in itself was a great Blow to his bullshit about us being anti Muslim and then Bush came along and erased all that was gained in our reputation by attacking Iraq after 911.

If he had stopped at Afganistan the Muslim world would have Chased these bastards down themselfs.

But NO Bush needed middle east unrest for his oil adventures

Annie
08-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Indeed. Are you seriously going to try to contend that Christianity is somehow less conducive to violence and barbarity than Islam? This should be entertaining.

Done. How entertaining?

Annie
08-20-2006, 03:47 PM

This in itself was a great Blow to his bullshit about us being anti Muslim and then Bush came along and erased all that was gained in our reputation by attacking Iraq after 911.

If he had stopped at Afganistan the Muslim world would have Chased these bastards down themselfs.

How did Bush, Cheney, Halliburton enrich themselves, benefit themselves or US regarding Oil? Pray tell.

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 03:53 PM

Douche, you are gaining ground to become the instant no doubt top shitbrick of the board! If this is not typical spewed rhetoric of any leftwinger I dunno what is! Of course it has to all come back to bush....:rolleyes:

Now check it out shitbrick, ya really think had we only had the Afghan front open things would look different now? You are half assed correct believe it or not, Iraq would of been a much bigger terrorist training ground then it was prior to us invading.

You dumbass non self educating shitbricks don't seem to realize that even if we never bothered with iraq we would have to be elsewhere dealing with darn the same damn thing. You shitbrick wanna cry how bad the Iraq situation is, it's going to slide into civil war there, big friggin deal! then they just kill more of each other, and lessen the load! Iraq is not going to be stabilized as long as iran & syria are sending more extremists in, there is a much broader picture than iraq to be realized so no matter what things were going to go this course anyway you look at it. Had we stayed in afghanistan only shit would be hitting the fan their much worse than it is now.

Do yourself a favor now shitbrick, break away from mommas apron strings and do some actual looking into the situation before you blame it on a single man of the administration that has been in office a few years in comparison to the uprising that has been in the making for the past quarter century!

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 03:55 PM
How did Bush, Cheney, Halliburton enrich themselves, benefit themselves or US regarding Oil? Pray tell.

Is that classic leftist rhetoric of what? Tell me Runyon, how long has it been that you been hearing the invasion for the oil thing?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

they are all shitbricks I tell ya!! bring mainecoone in, at least he has some original input to add....

Annie
08-20-2006, 04:01 PM

This in itself was a great Blow to his bullshit about us being anti Muslim and then Bush came along and erased all that was gained in our reputation by attacking Iraq after 911. How do you come to the conclusion that our actions in Europe would ever convince those in ME, Africa, that we anything other than anti-Muslim? They see what they want to see.

Do they see the Israelis that have donated their slaughtered childrens organs to Palistinians? No. Do they take them, yes. Then let the child watch Palestinian programming of the monkies, pigs, and scarry men that are the Israelis.

But NO Bush needed middle east unrest for his oil adventuresWhat do you base his assertion on?

Gaffer
08-20-2006, 04:27 PM
I guess this is as good a place as any to get my feet wet.

I see there are a lot of Bush haters here. They have the same blind hatred that islomofasist have for the west. They just haven't got to the point of blowing themselves up over it....yet.

In six years I have yet to see or hear any plan put forward by the dems for what to do concerning the war with islam, nor anything about iraq except to run away and declare it a loss.

iran is the head of the snake in the middle east. It is partnered with syria as a convenience. They have nothing in common other than their hatred of the west. iran wants to start an armegedon style war to bring back the 12th imam, who will only return (he's hiding) after the world is converted to islam. All that won't convert will be killed. This is the belief of islam. Now not all are out for this mass destructuion that iran wants but they all will support it coming to pass if it seems posible for it to happen. Israel is just the first target and goal of the facists in iran and other areas. They have their sights set on Spain and the rest of europe. There immediate goal is to regain the territory conquored by the Ottomans and re-establish the islamic empire. The US stands in the way of that happening by supporting Israel and standing up to them.

This is going to be a long war which will culminate in a major war with iran and probably syria. iraq was just one front in this war. I don't agree with Bush that we need to establish democracies in the region. It can'tt be done when islam rules everywhere there. A theocracy can never become a democracy and I think Bush is learning that. The libs need to learn that you can't deal with theocracies as those countries don't think on a rational basis. They are fundimentalists. Most are uneducated and illiterate. They rely on what they are told about their religion and do not read for themselves. This was used in the early christian times as well and was how people were and are controlled.

I'm and independent conservative athiest. I prefer using commonsense over particanship and trying to please people by spouting what they want to hear. I don't trust lawyers, judges or politians. I think the democratic party is a thing of the past taken over by Bush hating nut jobs. If all you can talk about is oil, haliburton and the various conspiracy theories concerning Bush then your irrelavent and I won't bother responding to you.

Oh and I support Sir Evil in everything he has said as we usually agree on pretty much everything. Now I have to go finish my profile.

Care4all
08-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Civil unrest and middle east war ALWAYS causes energy prices to rise by the speculators that determine such things...thus oil stocks rise astronomically, thus oil companies ability to manipulate and produce huge profit increases.... I think is what she is saying?

evince
08-20-2006, 05:21 PM
In six years I have yet to see or hear any plan put forward by the dems for what to do concerning the war with islam, nor anything about iraq except to run away and declare it a loss.

War with Islam?

Who the fuck is at war with Islam?

you sir are lost

NOVA
08-20-2006, 06:22 PM
The Lords Resistance Army ? Christians ?
WTF ? This is a fanatic of no religion....he acts like an animal because he is animal...religion has little to do with anything he does....hes on a power trip...
to imply that this scum preforms his butchery for religious beliefs is just do much crap....
--------------------

The rebels' leader is a religious fanatic called Joseph Kony, who hides out for most of the time in southern Sudan.

Kony manages to combine a heady blend of occultism, born-again Christianity, and most recently, a much-proclaimed conversion to Islam, with his campaign of terror and child abduction.

His avowed aim, publicly much-scoffed at by the Ugandan political and military elites, is nothing short of overthrowing the Ugandan Government. Known as the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), the force of 10,000 recruits is a rag-tag one. It is made up of highly powerful commanders, who roam in the vast, wild bushlands of northern Uganda and southern Sudan, with bands of abducted children, forcing them to take part in brutal raids on their own communities.

Gaffer
08-20-2006, 06:36 PM

War with Islam?

you sir are lost

Lost I am not but your head is buried in the sand if you don't see what's going on. We ARE at war with islam. The government and the pcer's don't want to admit that for fear of offending someone. But as i stated above give me a dem plan for dealing with the war. Call the war whatever you want too, Just give me the dem plan for dealing with it.

The only thing I have heard from the dems in 6 years is "I hate Bush". Not a word about how they want to change things by doing anything specific. And I'm still not hearing anything here.

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 07:05 PM

War with Islam?

you sir are lost

Douche, who on earth are we at war with? The iraqi army? The afghan army?

try reality sometime when ya need a change of pace from your fantasy world!

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 07:10 PM
you sir are lost

You sir are a pure idiot just for making that assumption!

Gaffer is a senior, a veteran, a man who has seen plenty! Right away an opposing view is automatically the wrong view to many here, but now with a gent like this can speak true education on subject, not mere opinion work, so it would pay to debate normally, and be somewhat objective and open minded if you really think you know it all.

Sorry Gaf, no harm meant by the senior part but with what I read around here I would have to include myself in the minority as well. :cof1:

Gaffer
08-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks SE, no offense taken I am a senior and proud of it. I have seen and done more than any thirty people on here. I am sure we are well outnumbered here but oh well, i have been outnumbered before.

Anyone is welcome to debate me on anything. Just don't do it with talking points. Do it with facts or opinions. I am a combat veteran so don't try to tell me how terrible war is. My nephew is on his third tour in iraq now so i have a stake in it. I personally don't think Bush's iraq plan will succeed because you cannot have a democracy under islam. But the cut and run policy won't work either. personally i would rather we move the troops north and get ready to go into iran. Let the iraq's fight among themselves.

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Uh oh shitbricks, Im not alone anymore! The odds around here are starting to even up some now...:cof1:

Good to see ya here Gaffer!

Damocles
08-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Holy Fritatas! Welcome to Gaffer. It seems the word is out! Good to see ya over here, man...

More good peoples... :D

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Holy Fritatas! Welcome to Gaffer. It seems the word is out! Good to see ya over here, man...

More good peoples... :D

Yeah he is, nothing like the fly off the handle abrasive bastard I am, but nonetheless an excellent debater in the political realm as well as a hell of a nice guy!

Gaffer
08-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi Damocles, good to be here. SE told me you had a good board over here so i thought I would join you and see what stirs up. So far looks interesting. Liberalism is a mental disorder and it appears there's a lot of it showing here.

As usual I have jumped right in. Another place to rant. Since its similar to SE's board its easy to navigate. Just playing catch up on all the posts now.

Damocles
08-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Jump right in and have fun.

Sir Evil
08-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Liberalism is a mental disorder and it appears there's a lot of it showing here.

:lolup: :lolup:

Care4all
08-21-2006, 04:52 AM
Because we are infidels? They hated us before Gulf War I. They hated us before WWII, WWI, the Revolutionary War. It's not about Israel or oil.

What defines us as "infidels" to them Runyon?

Just us being Christians? Because the Koran encourages them to leave be Christians and Jews, not to fight with them over religion....?

Or does the Porn and free sex and abortions and greed and arrogance and our lack of respect for God make us infidels to them?

Or is it that they just don't agree with the government of the usa and their foreign policies that involve them, therefore we are all infidels?

care

AnyOldIron
08-21-2006, 05:06 AM
Now most importantly, give modern examples of Christians using violence for conversion,.

A brief look through the C19th demonstrates this clearly....

Gaffer
08-21-2006, 08:07 AM

Just us being Christians? Because the Koran encourages them to leave be Christians and Jews, not to fight with them over religion....?

Or does the Porn and free sex and abortions and greed and arrogance and our lack of respect for God make us infidels to them?

Or is it that they just don't agree with the government of the usa and their foreign policies that involve them, therefore we are all infidels?

care

An infidel is anyone that does not believe and follow their laws. And the koran does call for the killing or subjigating of all infidels. Christians and Jews are to be tolerated until they can be conquored. Hindus, Buddists and other religions are considered pagans and are to be wiped out immediately. The Judo-christians were considered to large and powerful to take out at one time.

Annie
08-21-2006, 05:36 PM

care

Read with critical eye:

http://answering-islam.org/Silas/juancole.htm

Annie
08-21-2006, 05:46 PM

Actually I was saying I'll take a pass, which was not clear I agree.

In any case, would you like to explain how Christianity is as conducive today, to the violence and barbarity of Islam, today?

Annie
08-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Now most importantly, give modern examples of Christians using violence for conversion,.

A brief look through the C19th demonstrates this clearly....

I said modern. We are now in the 21st C.