PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye old friend.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 04:47 PM
We've shared 15,000 beers together, 47,000 cigarettes and about 125 gallons of Jack Daniels.

You came to Cuba, Philly, Atlantic City, Vegas, Denver, Seattle, Hawaii, Cancun, Canada, New Orleans, and Hell with me, always loyal, never faltering.

We had over 4,000 meals together. We explored the netherparts of half a dozen women together, a couple of hundred times.

We enjoyed Cuban Cigars and bongloads of Maui Wowie over whiskey and beers many, many times.

And now you're gone.

Rest in peace.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/mbl727/tooth.jpg
Tooth #8 - 1999-2007

Cancel7
08-02-2007, 04:49 PM
LOL This is great beefy. I didn't see that coming.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 04:58 PM
LOL This is great beefy. I didn't see that coming.

I couldn't even give him a proper resting place on my Puka shell necklace. He was cut to pieces during the removal precess, and I was told I could not have his remains because he was a biohazard.

Cancel7
08-02-2007, 04:59 PM
I couldn't even give him a proper resting place on my Puka shell necklace. He was cut to pieces during the removal precess, and I was told I could not have his remains because he was a biohazard.

LOL. Did it hurt? Do you have your new one in yet? If so, have you been smiling in the mirror all day and admiring your new smile?

Beefy
08-02-2007, 05:04 PM
LOL. Did it hurt? Do you have your new one in yet? If so, have you been smiling in the mirror all day and admiring your new smile?

Yeah, it hurt pretty good. And the doctor kept going "hmmmmm" as he was working, but in a Russian accent, so it sounded like "hymmm".

I have a temporary until next thursday when I get the crown. The temporary looks just like a chicklet. Its so bright that the rest of my teeth look like lemon chicklets next to it, but its still a vast improvement.

Cancel7
08-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Yeah, it hurt pretty good. And the doctor kept going "hmmmmm" as he was working, but in a Russian accent, so it sounded like "hymmm".

I have a temporary until next thursday when I get the crown. The temporary looks just like a chicklet. Its so bright that the rest of my teeth look like lemon chicklets next to it, but its still a vast improvement.

I hope you played up the pain angle and got a prescription for some vicodon.

Eventually it will blend in with the others. I'm glad you got it done Beefy.

LadyT
08-02-2007, 05:07 PM

LOL, 'bio hazzard'? Man, and I was just about to give you a kiss.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 05:12 PM
LOL, 'bio hazzard'? Man, and I was just about to give you a kiss.

Its okay now, but the old tooth did have an awful lot of miles on him. And I like how you spelled Hazard with two z's. Just like the county on the TV show.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 05:14 PM
I hope you played up the pain angle and got a prescription for some vicodon.

Eventually it will blend in with the others. I'm glad you got it done Beefy.

I didn't get any vicodins, mainly because I'm largely retarded and didn't ask because I was so relieved to be done. But I might call the office tomorrow and say I was in gargantuan pain and see if I can get some percosets or something.

Cancel7
08-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I didn't get any vicodins, mainly because I'm largely retarded and didn't ask because I was so relieved to be done. But I might call the office tomorrow and say I was in gargantuan pain and see if I can get some percosets or something.

Yeah, you have to call and really lay it on. It's a shame to go through that and not get any good painkillers out of it.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Yeah, you have to call and really lay it on. It's a shame to go through that and not get any good painkillers out of it.

I'll do that tomorrow. My mouth is sore, and vicodins make me happy. Its a win win!

doniston
08-02-2007, 05:18 PM
I couldn't even give him a proper resting place on my Puka shell necklace. He was cut to pieces during the removal precess, and I was told I could not have his remains because he was a biohazard. here I thought it was a falsey. ---A temp?????

evince
08-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Im glad it was your tooth for a second there I thought it was your penis you were talking about.

Cancel7
08-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Im glad it was your tooth for a second there I thought it was your penis you were talking about.

ROTFLMAO

Beefy
08-02-2007, 05:23 PM
here I thought it was a falsey. ---A temp?????

It was a false tooth. It was a temporary tooth put in in 1999, I just never bothered to get a permanent crown until now. The old one had turned brown, like a chocolate rolls royce, so I had the little feller put down.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 05:23 PM

LOL! For real!

evince
08-02-2007, 05:26 PM
No not really , I thought dog for a second until you got to the "explored the netherparts of half a dozen women together" I thought that was a bit much for even you.

Cancel7
08-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Wow, Desh has been on fire lately.

evince
08-02-2007, 05:28 PM
I bow and thank you.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 05:30 PM
No not really , I thought dog for a second until you got to the "explored the netherparts of half a dozen women together" I thought that was a bit much for even you.

:D You know, there ARE certain things I will not do with my dog.

LadyT
08-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Its okay now, but the old tooth did have an awful lot of miles on him. And I like how you spelled Hazard with two z's. Just like the county on the TV show.

LOL - that was a typo actually. But I'll go with Dukes of reference to make me look kooler ;)

LadyT
08-02-2007, 05:35 PM

Not that anyone cares but I'll share my bit of TMI for the day:

I don't like strong pain killers. They make me groggy.

Cancel7
08-02-2007, 05:37 PM

I like them too much. I'm lucky they are not available over the counter.

evince
08-02-2007, 05:38 PM

Me to groggy then nite nite.

I sleep fine without them so whats the point.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 05:39 PM
I like them too much. I'm lucky they are not available over the counter.

I concur. I'd be a guaranteed addict if I could buy those things at 7-11. Thankfully, I'm merely a full blown alcoholic.

LadyT
08-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Really? I can't stand them. I'd rather just have 1/2 lb of advil and deal with no stomach lining.

LadyT
08-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I concur. I'd be a guaranteed addict if I could buy those things at 7-11. Thankfully, I'm merely a full blown alcoholic.

Translation:

Liberals are right. The government does need to regulate certain controlled substances because if left up to the will of the people and the ignorant masses, some products have a huge potential to do more harm than good.

I know Beefy. I feel the same way. Liberals tend to know what's best.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Really? I can't stand them. I'd rather just have 1/2 lb of advil and deal with no stomach lining.

Well, next time you get the vicodins, I'll western union you some bread and you can ship them my way. Sure it's interstate drug-trafficking, but they're that good.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Translation:

Liberals are right. The government does need to regulate certain controlled substances because if left up to the will of the people and the ignorant masses, some products have a huge potential to do more harm than good.

I know Beefy. I feel the same way. Liberals tend to know what's best.

Hahahaha! I knew that was coming. But God Dammit, I have a right to be a drug addict! I really do.

LadyT
08-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Hahahaha! I knew that was coming. But God Dammit, I have a right to be a drug addict! I really do.

But as you admitted: THANKFULLy you're merely an alcoholic. Thank God the government regulates drugs.

Right Beefy the non-drug addict.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 05:49 PM
But as you admitted: THANKFULLy you're merely an alcoholic. Thank God the government regulates drugs.

Oh Noes!!1! My thread's been hijacked!!!

I hereby rescind my statement. Socialize Cocaine!

Hermes Thoth
08-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Vicodin sucks.

People only said it was cool cuz eminem rapped about it.

You need some of the cheap 'black tar' heroine the kids are into these days. Even that's better than vicodin.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Vicodin sucks.

People only said it was cool cuz eminem rapped about it.

You need some of the cheap 'black tar' heroine the kids are into these days. Even that's better than vicodin.

I did try that. Its pretty good, but such a pain in the ass to administer, what with the needle and the spoon and the lighter and such. Oy Vey!

Cancel7
08-02-2007, 05:57 PM

LOL.

The whole thing is a double-edged sword, because I don't believe in putting people in jail for using, on the other hand, I do think there would be more addicts if all drugs were legalized.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 06:00 PM
LOL.

The whole thing is a double-edged sword, because I don't believe in putting people in jail for using, on the other hand, I do think there would be more addicts if all drugs were legalized.

You're disrespecting tooth #8.

He would have done the time with me.

doniston
08-02-2007, 06:09 PM
It was a false tooth. It was a temporary tooth put in in 1999, I just never bothered to get a permanent crown until now. The old one had turned brown, like a chocolate rolls royce, so I had the little feller put down.That's what I thought you had said, but now you wanted to put a falsey on your necklace. TSK TSK! besides I don't belrive your figures. if it had been a natural one, you maybe, might have had time, but a falsey????

doniston
08-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Really? I can't stand them. I'd rather just have 1/2 lb of advil and deal with no stomach lining. That's all I every use for anything, but I often contribute two Advils to Arthur and the other Itis boys.

Beefy
08-02-2007, 06:21 PM
That's what I thought you had said, but now you wanted to put a falsey on your necklace. TSK TSK! besides I don't belrive your figures. if it had been a natural one, you maybe, might have had time, but a falsey????

If I had a scanner, I would scan the original receipt. It has been nearly 8 years.

I was acid washing my pop's pool for him when I was 23, and the dog Gypsy (RIP) kept dropping her ball on the step to play fetch, so I kept throwing it to her. Well, my old man's pool is all 1 inch mosaic tile, so its pretty slick.

Gypsy once again dropped the ball in the pool, and I threw it. When I did, my feet gave out from under me and I landed squarely on the former tooth #8 (RIP). For reference, that's the righter of your two front teeth. Well, Mr. #* flat exploded after going through my lower lip.

So I go to the dentist and sit in the chair, still in shock and the dental assistant puts that bib thing on me and tells me to open my mough. When I did, not kidding, the first thing the guy said was "fuuuuuckkk....." real slow. I'm totally not even kidding. It scared the shit out of me.

At that point I went from shock to panic. After hours of needles, drills, agonizing pain and horrifying sounds and bone dust flying all over the place, the dentist put on a temporary tooth, made only of this weird paste that gets set up by a magnificent, rich blue light.

Right around then I got a new job selling salt-water pool systems to builders all over California and Nevada, and also right then this tooth started falling out. I must have used enough fixodent to drive their stock price up 30% before I decided to get a real tooth.

So I went back, the guy root canaled me and put in a post, then went into a drawer and puled out this putty shit and told me to bite on in. I complied and then he put in tooth #8 and said they'd have a permanent crown in a couple of weeks. Well, #8 looked good and functional, so I never came back for the next appointment.

This all happened in late October/Early november of '99.

Then, #8 went chocolate, and I never forgave him. Today, I finally put him down.

Cancel 2016.2
08-02-2007, 07:22 PM

I have never had one... I refuse... shit is bad for ya. A couple aleve... good to go.

Damocles
08-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Yah. It's why I only take them for a day or two then stop. I have tempting pill bottles in the cabinet for emergencies.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Why would anyone buy a saltwater pool system?

charver
08-03-2007, 01:24 AM

They say it's easier to put backspin on the cue ball.

Damocles
08-03-2007, 07:11 AM
There is a bouyant feel to swimming in saltwater that you do not get from fresh water swimming.

Beefy
08-03-2007, 09:02 PM
There is a bouyant feel to swimming in saltwater that you do not get from fresh water swimming.

Well, that part of it is negligable, as the salinity is 1/20th that of the ocean. But Salt is Sodium Chloride, and there's an electronic cell that converts it into free chlorine. Then, when its done, it reconverts back to salt. Never buy chlorine again, and the water has a better feel. That, and I make a lot of money on them.

Damocles
08-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Well, that part of it is negligable, as the salinity is 1/20th that of the ocean. But Salt is Sodium Chloride, and there's an electronic cell that converts it into free chlorine. Then, when its done, it reconverts back to salt. Never buy chlorine again, and the water has a better feel. That, and I make a lot of money on them.
Ah, I was speaking of swimming in the ocean. I mix saltwater at ocean-level salinity for my saltwater fish tank.

Beefy
08-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Ah, I was speaking of swimming in the ocean. I mix saltwater at ocean-level salinity for my saltwater fish tank.

About 70,000 ppm right? Pools are at about 3,200, a teaspoon per gallon.

Damocles
08-03-2007, 09:42 PM
We measure it by specific gravity of .023.

Beefy
08-03-2007, 09:44 PM
What does that mean, and what does that have to do with Tooth #8?

Damocles
08-03-2007, 09:53 PM
What does that mean, and what does that have to do with Tooth #8?
It is just a more accurate way to measure the correct amount of salinity. You can also use the same way to measure alcohol in beer. Hence 3.2% by weight...

Of course you don't use the same tool to measure by weight with beer as you do with salt water, but it uses the same idea. It is measured by the known buoyancy of an object suspended in a specific amount of the water. If you have too much salt it will float too high, if you have too little it will sink too low.

OrnotBitwise
08-03-2007, 09:57 PM
It is just a more accurate way to measure the correct amount of salinity. You can also use the same way to measure alcohol in beer. Hence 3.2% by weight...

Of course you don't use the same tool to measure by weight with beer as you do with salt water, but it uses the same idea. It is measured by the known buoyancy of an object suspended in a specific amount of the water. If you have too much salt it will float too high, if you have too little it will sink too low.Specific Gravity is, if memory serves -- and it usually does -- the ratio between the density of the sample and the density of water. Beer is dense: SG 3.2 ain't nothin'. When you run it up around 7 or 8, then you're talkin'.

Damocles
08-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Specific Gravity is, if memory serves -- and it usually does -- the ratio between the density of the sample and the density of water. Beer is dense: SG 3.2 ain't nothin'. When you run it up around 7 or 8, then you're talkin'.
Which is why, when you were allowed to buy beer at 18, it was 3.2 beer... for adults you could buy 6.0 beer.

Beefy
08-03-2007, 10:03 PM

Of course you don't use the same tool to measure by weight with beer as you do with salt water, but it uses the same idea. It is measured by the known buoyancy of an object suspended in a specific amount of the water. If you have too much salt it will float too high, if you have too little it will sink too low.

It seems that your tds would mess this up.

Cancel7
08-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Does Damo work at turning fun and sexy threads into something boring and incomprehensible?

Damocles
08-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Does Damo work at turning fun and sexy threads into something boring and incomprehensible?
He was the one that brought up PPM mixtures for saltwater. Don't be blaming me!

Beefy
08-04-2007, 12:55 PM

That's why I neck-named him Captain Threadkill. :D

Beefy
02-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Tooth #8 Update!

The new tooth has been working out fine, save for the fact that since August of '07, it has been significantly whiter than the rest of my teeth. So at Ala Moana today, I did the 1 hour teeth whitening, and I now look like Ray Charles. I'm pretty tanned.

evince
02-28-2009, 09:47 AM
The hawiian George Hamilton?

Mott the Hoople
02-28-2009, 11:50 AM
We've shared 15,000 beers together, 47,000 cigarettes and about 125 gallons of Jack Daniels.

You came to Cuba, Philly, Atlantic City, Vegas, Denver, Seattle, Hawaii, Cancun, Canada, New Orleans, and Hell with me, always loyal, never faltering.

We had over 4,000 meals together. We explored the netherparts of half a dozen women together, a couple of hundred times.

We enjoyed Cuban Cigars and bongloads of Maui Wowie over whiskey and beers many, many times.

And now you're gone.

Rest in peace.
Tooth #8 - 1999-2007

Sileo in pacis dentis. :(

Mott the Hoople
02-28-2009, 12:25 PM

No. Seawater has a sodium chloride concentration of 0.5 Mol which is about 28g/L of seawater. There are other salts than NaCl in seawater but NaCl is the predominate one.