PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

Damocles
11-22-2012, 03:05 PM
We would like to wish the entire board a Happy Thanksgiving.

Banned
11-22-2012, 03:10 PM
I was going to sit this one out, but a bunch of people showed up with food and companionshp and we wound up bloated and playing guitars and such...
Danged bible thumpers, you just can't trust em ;)

Pointgold
11-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

christiefan915
11-23-2012, 05:23 PM

Belated happy to you all, too. What did you cook this year?

Damocles
11-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Belated happy to you all, too. What did you cook this year?

I deep fried lobster tail, took the rest of the meat and made Alfredo with broccoli. I then served the tail on a bed of rice with holandaise. I served the Alfredo as "pizza" base on fococcia bread with a bit of spinach and mushrooms. I stuffed crab with ham slivers and served it cracked with butter... alongside a NY strip.

What did you have?

Annie
11-24-2012, 01:36 AM
Went to my older son and his fiance. Younger son and his fiance also came for dinner. I must say, there's something nice about not being the one to have to clean, cook, and buy. ;) The older one left today for NJ, to do Thanksgiving with fiance's family. Because of the travel, they didn't want a ton of left-overs, made boneless turkey breast, green bean casserole, dressing, au gratin potatoes, salad. Pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.

Everything was tasty, though simple from the tradition we're used to. However, we were together, the daughter and husband met up for dessert. Lots of wine, beer, champagne for all. Good times!

I expect that it will become more formal again, when the wee ones make an appearance. ;)

Rune
11-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Big time traditional here. Roast turkey, candied yams, butternut squash, oyster stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, boiled turnip, cranberry sauce and apple pies.

christiefan915
11-24-2012, 10:56 AM
I deep fried lobster tail, took the rest of the meat and made Alfredo with broccoli. I then served the tail on a bed of rice with holandaise. I served the Alfredo as "pizza" base on fococcia bread with a bit of spinach and mushrooms. I stuffed crab with ham slivers and served it cracked with butter... alongside a NY strip.

What did you have?

It sounds wonderful, like a five-star restaurant meal. Your family must be happy campers when you cook.

We had the traditional meal: turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, glazed sweet potatoes, salad, corn, rolls & butter and pumpkin pie. And champagne, my fave!

Damocles
11-24-2012, 05:31 PM
It sounds wonderful, like a five-star restaurant meal. Your family must be happy campers when you cook.

We had the traditional meal: turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, glazed sweet potatoes, salad, corn, rolls & butter and pumpkin pie. And champagne, my fave!

I'm thinking of going traditional for Christmas, but I'll Cajun flavor it up. Turducken, Andouille stuffing, Shrimp Etoufee, fried sweet potatoes balls, maybe caulimash and regular mashed potatoes (I'm allergic to potatoes, not sweet potatoes, just potatoes).

I"m also messing around with the idea of a bacon wrapped turkey.

Howey
11-24-2012, 05:47 PM
We had jb's brother, his wife and almost three year old. They just moved back to the States from Spain. It was the first Thanksgiving for the wife and kid, so I went all traditional.

Later on I sent jb and his bro to "Occupy Wall Mart" to fight the crowds to get me an IPad. Like the princess I am I stayed home guzzling wine. :)

/MSG/
11-25-2012, 04:53 AM

Yes, 'WE' would.

canceled.2021.1
11-25-2012, 06:22 AM
We had jb's brother, his wife and almost three year old. They just moved back to the States from Spain. It was the first Thanksgiving for the wife and kid, so I went all traditional.

Later on I sent jb and his bro to "Occupy Wall Mart" to fight the crowds to get me an IPad. Like the princess I am I stayed home guzzling wine. :)

Awwww look who's back

:rofl2:

Shouldn't drink with your meds princess

Banned
11-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Awwww look who's back

:rofl2:

Shouldn't drink with your meds princess

Now that is the real conservative Thanksgiving spirit.

Phantasmal
11-25-2012, 10:33 AM

What did you have?

Yummy! We had Beef Wellington, turkey, drunken sweet potatoes, and the other usual side dishes!

christiefan915
11-25-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm thinking of going traditional for Christmas, but I'll Cajun flavor it up. Turducken, Andouille stuffing, Shrimp Etoufee, fried sweet potatoes balls, maybe caulimash and regular mashed potatoes (I'm allergic to potatoes, not sweet potatoes, just potatoes).

I"m also messing around with the idea of a bacon wrapped turkey.

Andouille, etoufee, yikes. I don't even know what this means. But I'm sure it tastes wonderful!

christiefan915
11-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Yummy! We had Beef Wellington, turkey, drunken sweet potatoes, and the other usual side dishes!

Sounds fantastic! I can't even think of trying to make beef Wellington but would give the drunken sweet potatoes a shot!

Phantasmal
11-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Sounds fantastic! I can't even think of trying to make beef Wellington but would give the drunken sweet potatoes a shot!

They were delicious, but there was so much rum in them we couldn't give them to the kids! I will get her recipe!

Phantasmal
11-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Andouille, etoufee, yikes. I don't even know what this means. But I'm sure it tastes wonderful!

We have a I've star Cajun restaurant in Girdwood, it was how I was introduced to those wonderful foods!

Damocles
11-25-2012, 01:04 PM

MMmm... I love Beef Wellington (wish I still ate meat so I could savor some of my own creations)... I haven't made that since my brother's wedding... Maybe I'll have to make some for my ma's birthday.

Don Quixote
11-26-2012, 04:57 AM
celebrate all holidays

thank you

and happy holidays to all

Cancel 2016.11
11-26-2012, 05:31 AM
My mom makes Beef Wellington. People rave about it. I remember New Year's Eve parties she and my dad had where they served it and people got all excited. I don't eat it of course.

I was grateful for my min-vacation which I enjoyed more than I can say! A houseful of company on Thursday, but I took Wednesday off so I had five days. It was nice. I feel so relaxed. I wonder how long that will last? I give it till 10 am.

christiefan915
11-26-2012, 09:50 AM
My mom makes Beef Wellington. People rave about it. I remember New Year's Eve parties she and my dad had where they served it and people got all excited. I don't eat it of course.

I was grateful for my min-vacation which I enjoyed more than I can say! A houseful of company on Thursday, but I took Wednesday off so I had five days. It was nice. I feel so relaxed. I wonder how long that will last? I give it till 10 am.

Lol. It's 10:50, how ya doing so far?

Cancel 2016.11
11-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Lol. It's 10:50, how ya doing so far?

I spilled coffee on my keyboard, but the new girl (her first day) came running into my office to clean it up for me. That won't last. I give it a week from past experience before she is like "screw that bitch i hope she burns herself".

LOL It's been a pretty good morning actually, I am pleasantly surprised, so far no stress.

Wise Old Man
11-26-2012, 05:55 PM
I spilled coffee on my keyboard, but the new girl (her first day) came running into my office to clean it up for me. That won't last. I give it a week from past experience before she is like "screw that bitch i hope she burns herself".

LOL It's been a pretty good morning actually, I am pleasantly surprised, so far no stress.

With an attitude like that, I can see why she might think "screw that bitch.......'