PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Weekend...

Damocles
08-19-2006, 08:58 PM
It's just been quieter than usual this weekend. Most of the weekends are quiet but this one has taken them all by the collar and beat them senseless.

Beefy
08-19-2006, 09:42 PM
A good beating was in order. It's unusually hot here in hell, so I've been too bust folding legal sized papers into little hand held fans and moving hot air around.

Damocles
08-19-2006, 09:45 PM
There's this new invention... It's called Air Conditioning. They even have it so you can put it in your car.

Beefy
08-19-2006, 10:39 PM
There's this new invention... It's called Air Conditioning. They even have it so you can put it in your car.

Car?? What am I, an Aristocrat? Jeez. I didn't know these "cars" were so easy to come by.

Annie
08-20-2006, 05:30 AM
It's just been quieter than usual this weekend. Most of the weekends are quiet but this one has taken them all by the collar and beat them senseless.

For many of us, it's the last weekend before school starts again. I think many are shopping or on vacation! :cof1:

Damocles
08-20-2006, 10:14 AM
For many of us, it's the last weekend before school starts again. I think many are shopping or on vacation! :cof1:
Ahhh... We did our shopping much earlier to have the best pick of the backpacks... Otherwise they don't get the "coolest" and I am "mean"..

And we all know that Mean People Suck.

tianabautre
08-20-2006, 12:40 PM
I had a pretty busy weekend: soccer game, lunch with ex coworkers, birthday dinner, etc. I've been running around. Its nice to be home though.

Beefy
08-20-2006, 12:45 PM
I had a pretty busy weekend: soccer game, lunch with ex coworkers, birthday dinner, etc. I've been running around. Its nice to be home though.

I've been busy as hell also. I'm going to Seattle for 5 weeks tomorrow to work as a carnie, so I've had to take care of all kinds of business beforehand.

But the funnell cake business is the wave of the future. This year, we're even graduating on to cotton candy and scones. It's gonna be a great September!

Annie
08-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Ahhh... We did our shopping much earlier to have the best pick of the backpacks... Otherwise they don't get the "coolest" and I am "mean"..

And we all know that Mean People Suck.

You're a good father! I had most of my own stuff picked out and purchased. After seeing where I was at, ran to buy a few things for duplicate at home and just a few for school. Find of the day today: $50 electric pencil sharpener for $10. I'm dancing!

Damocles
08-20-2006, 02:15 PM
You're a good father! I had most of my own stuff picked out and purchased. After seeing where I was at, ran to buy a few things for duplicate at home and just a few for school. Find of the day today: $50 electric pencil sharpener for $10. I'm dancing!
Beats the silly battery powered one we have at home... I spent like $37 for the one I use at work....

Annie
08-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Beats the silly battery powered one we have at home... I spent like $37 for the one I use at work....

I know, I rule! :p

OrnotBitwise
08-20-2006, 03:18 PM
I know, I rule! :p
Pencils suck. Old tech. What, you're afraid to do the crossword in pen? Pfaugh!

:king:

Care4all
08-20-2006, 03:29 PM
School doesn't start until August 31st here in massachusetts...and that seems early to me....it used to be starting school was AFTER Labor Day weekend....

My sister started around August 1st in Florida, she's a teacher....

I just can't understand why they would want to start school so early in the summer and pay all of that money to cool the schools at peak air conditioning Season....

Up here, they colse the schools for one week in February, (the coldest month of the year), to save on energy bills..... it is winter vacation for all those that work...they usually take their vacation the same week as their kids and go south to warm up! :)

Annie
08-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Pencils suck. Old tech. What, you're afraid to do the crossword in pen? Pfaugh!

:king:

Some disagree, not me. But my job includes including the masses, who like erasures. I do crosswords in INK.

Cancel7
08-20-2006, 06:42 PM
I've been busy as hell also. I'm going to Seattle for 5 weeks tomorrow to work as a carnie, so I've had to take care of all kinds of business beforehand.

But the funnell cake business is the wave of the future. This year, we're even graduating on to cotton candy and scones. It's gonna be a great September!

Ohhh, you're mbl. I guess everyone else knows this.

I lived in Seattle for a while, and actually, I'm going back there this year. It's a beautiful city, though I still prefer NY. Have you been there before?

Beefy
08-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Ohhh, you're mbl. I guess everyone else knows this.

I lived in Seattle for a while, and actually, I'm going back there this year. It's a beautiful city, though I still prefer NY. Have you been there before?

Yep, I lived there for over a year. Love that place, should have never left.

Cancel7
08-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Yep, I lived there for over a year. Love that place, should have never left.

Cool. Have fun, I know you'll be working so it mostly won't be, because work never is, but on your off time, have fun. I do love that city too.