PDA

View Full Version : Pray to chocolate for your soul

uscitizen
08-18-2006, 06:13 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CHOCOLATE_VIRGIN_MARY?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Chocolatiers See Image of Virgin Mary

By GILLIAN FLACCUS
Associated Press Writer

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. (AP) -- As a chocolatier to the rich and famous, Martucci Angiano has posed with many celebrities.

But on Thursday she held in her hand a figure that dazzles her more than any Hollywood star: a 2-inch-tall column of chocolate drippings that workers at her gourmet chocolate company believe bears a striking resemblance to the Virgin Mary.

Since the discovery at Bodega Chocolates, Angiano's employees have spent much of their time hovering over the tiny figure, praying and placing rose petals and candles around it.

uscitizen
08-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Praying to Choclate ??? Can you imagine if a petrified turd from Jesus was found ?

I pray to this holy turd, and to the asshole from which it was dropped.
well I'll let you figure out the rest of the prayer ...

Damocles
08-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Fellow Fecetians! Follow the Turd!

uscitizen
08-18-2006, 10:03 AM
LOL good one.

uscitizen
08-18-2006, 10:05 AM
I admire people who try their best to live as Jesus did. He preached peaceful coexistance in a brutal violent time.
But I don't think that includes worshipping chocolate.

leaningright
08-18-2006, 11:29 AM
People are always going to find something that reminds them or to them "resembles" their religious symbols, whether it be a picture of Jesus in an exploded building or a picture of Mary on a piece of toast or whatever. Lots of branches of religion deal with the emotion and the emotional makeup of a person draws them to whatever religious organization lines up with that. I don't understand it either. I don't think, no, I know that God didn't intended that we pray to chocolate.