Lead Male Vocals: Freddie Mercury
Lead Female Vocals: Pat Benetar
Backing Vocals: Sarah McLachlan
Lead Guitar: Jimmy Hendrix
2nd Guitar: Eric Clapton
Bass: Chris Hillman (Byrds)
Drums: Keith Moon (The Who)
Piano: Billy Joel (sorry Elton)
Keyboard:Keith Emerson (Emerson, Lake and Palmer)

klaatu
08-18-2006, 04:29 AM
Good choices .. hard to argue with any of them .. I especially appreciate the fact that you included Pat Benetar ... a great artist who seems to have been forgotten.

AnyOldIron
08-18-2006, 04:45 AM

Kirsty McColl.....

Blackflag
08-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Lead Male Vocals: Freddie Mercury
Backing Vocals: Sarah McLachlan
Lead Guitar: Jimmy Hendrix
2nd Guitar: Eric Clapton
Bass: Chris Hillman (Byrds)
Drums: Keith Moon (The Who)
Piano: Billy Joel (sorry Elton)
Keyboard:Keith Emerson (Emerson, Lake and Palmer)

That is actually hard to argue with. Only ones I would say, and it is just a personal preference, is:

Drums: Neil Pert
Keyboards: Ray Manzarek

Cypress
08-18-2006, 09:40 AM
C'mon man.

On Bass, nobody is even close to Flea of red hot chili peps.

Eddie Van Halen-Guitar
Flea- Bass
Neil Peart - Drums
Robert Plant - Vocals

klaatu
08-18-2006, 09:52 AM
C'mon man.

On Bass, nobody is even close to Flea of red hot chili peps.

Eddie Van Halen-Guitar
Flea- Bass
Neil Peart - Drums
Robert Plant - Vocals

You ever hear of Billy Sheehan? And ..if you want to cross genres .. how about Stanley Clarke .. and for that matter ..there is the Fathers of Modern Lead Bass playing ... Paul Mccartney, John Entwhistle and Motown's James Jamerson ...

Wanna lesson in bass playing and the drums .. listen to the Who's Qudrophenia .. that says it all about Monn and Entwhistle. ...

klaatu
08-18-2006, 09:57 AM
You ever watch Eddie and the Cruisers part two ... Eddie Lives? The part where he teaches the kid about playing guitar ... and explains that it is the feeling not the gloss and flash that counts ... its the rhythm ... not the speed of the noise that counts ...
Thats what I feel Im up against when talking about music on these boards... a bunch of kids who think with their dicks instead of their soul ....

Cypress
08-18-2006, 09:57 AM
You ever hear of Billy Sheehan? And ..if you want to cross genres .. how about Stanley Clarke .. and for that matter ..there is the Fathers of Modern Lead Bass playing ... Paul Mccartney, John Entwhistle and Motown's James Jamerson ...

Wanna lesson in bass playing and the drums .. listen to the Who's Qudrophenia .. that says it all about Monn and Entwhistle. ...

Entwistle was the best bass player of the classic rock era. But, he was by default, really a lead guitarist. With Townsends power chording, Entwisle was less of a rhythm player, and more of a default lead guitarist - on bass.

Bass, as a classic rythym instrument, is best personified by the thumb-slapping, percusive sounds of the Flea.

Damocles
08-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Ever hear a band called Screaming Shadows? Best damned drummer I have heard in decades...

Cypress
08-18-2006, 10:06 AM
never heard of 'em damo.

I think the criteria we're using is an "all-star" band. i.e., musicians who are widely known.

Damocles
08-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I know. This band is current. I was just throwing in an off-topic recommendation there.... You need some serious surround sound to get the right effect of this band.

TRGLDTE
08-31-2006, 09:24 AM

Kirsty McColl.....
Damn right! Any song , any style, any genre, and she made it all sound good while seeming effortless.

Second guitar - Duane Allman
Bass - John Entwhistle