PDA

View Full Version : Lady Bird Johnson Perishes

Beefy
07-11-2007, 06:48 PM
She seemed like a decent broad.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/11/obit.lady.bird/index.html

Damocles
07-11-2007, 06:49 PM
The first female president... At least according to another thread somewhere around here...

Cancel7
07-11-2007, 06:52 PM
The first female president... At least according to another thread somewhere around here...

LOL

Battleborne
07-11-2007, 06:54 PM

and here I thought that title went to Hillary!

uscitizen
07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
I guess she was ok, I did not know her so will shed no false sorrow.

doniston
07-11-2007, 08:51 PM
She seemed like a decent broad.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/11/obit.lady.bird/index.html

Our first female president.

doniston
07-11-2007, 08:54 PM
and here I thought that title went to Hillary!
Nope, and the second one was Nancy Reagon.

doniston
07-12-2007, 07:41 AM
ESPECIALLY FOR DARLA
A few days ago I made the following comment regarding the LBJ thread

(Quote)LBJ wasn't even the President--- Not really, LADYBIRD was.(unquote)

This was your qualified response.in post number 9.
(quote)I'm sorry Desh.

I said in reponse to your post that "nothing could be further from the truth".

Cleary, I was mistaken.(unquote)

I will be very busy all morning, but I will addresd your snide remark this afternoon and I beleive provide amplyjustification for my statement.

STAY TUNED

LOL

Cancel7
07-12-2007, 07:45 AM
ESPECIALLY FOR DARLA
A few days ago I made the following comment regarding the LBJ thread

(Quote)LBJ wasn't even the President--- Not really, LADYBIRD was.(unquote)

This was your qualified response.in post number 9.
(quote)I'm sorry Desh.

I said in reponse to your post that "nothing could be further from the truth".

Cleary, I was mistaken.(unquote)

I will be very busy all morning, but I will addresd your snide remark this afternoon and I beleive provide amplyjustification for my statement.

STAY TUNED

How cruel. To tease the board with an upcoming post from you, and leave us waiting for hours in anticipation! :)

doniston
07-12-2007, 10:08 PM
How cruel. To tease the board with an upcoming post from you, and leave us waiting for hours in anticipation! :)

Ah yes Madam Darla Sir. You are indeed the King of snide inuendo. (Yes. I said King, not queen)Your Grandmother would be so proud, and I am sure you offer her no more respect than you do to anyone of your fellow posters But now to the point of this post:

A couple of weeks ago I got into a setto with several posters because I was not willing to spend a lot of time proving past history. this might have been another of the same, except for the untimely demise of Lady-Bird So while I can not absolutely prove the following, I beleive that things thus far stated about her will provide some substancive evidence:

In the various salutes to the Lady, it has been reported:

* that LADY BIRD actually took over his congressinal office when he was seriously Ill, and,

* also took over his Senate office in the same manner, and under similar circumstances---not just to occupy the offices, but literally taking over his duties as a congressman, and as VP.,and

* As president, LBJ used to often.ask his first lady, "Did I do allright?"continuing the habit he had practiced thruout his political career

you see, Lady-Bird was the political power in that union. And when he needed her advice, he took it.* (As I originally eimplied, She was the real president and he was the hen-pecked husband)

NOW FOR SOME THING MOST PEOPLE DON"T KNOW:

While LBJ was congressman, one of his chief aids was indited, tried. and found guilty of ,Murder, and received a sentence of five years, suspended. This was not due to LBJ's clout, but the political power of LadyBird.

Further, I had beleived that LBJ was responsible for the Assasination of John F Kennedy ( traveling to Dallas to check it and even spending a night in the Dallas city Jail on trumped up charge-five cells down from where Osdwald had been held.That is a story in of itself)
To make a long story short, as a result of my own private investigations I learned that I was wrong, and that the murders of Kennedy, Oswald, and Ruby were all committed at the behest of
the Political organization which wanted Kennedy out, and LBJ in. LADY BIRD was part and parcel ot that organization. and the real power behind the Johnson administration.