PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to whiten a false tooth?

Beefy
07-10-2007, 09:19 PM
One of my teeth exploded in October of '99 when I fell flat on my face while acid washing my pop's pool for him. So I went to the dentist and he gave me this tooth as a temporary, and it has since turned brown, like a nice piece of toast. I've tried peroxide, which whitened the rest of my teeth nicely, but did nothing for the bad tooth, thus making the contrast that much more obvious.

Then I tried putting bleach on a q-tip and holding it on there for a bit, but to no avail. Then I tried freezing it with a wart remover before applying chlorine, and the motherfucker is still brown. Its a front tooth, so this is important. Any tips?

If your tip is "go to the dentist", I've already thought of that one and it is an absolute, positive last ass resort. Back of the line.

uscitizen
07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Just paint it gold.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Eh, go to a dentist. That's the only thing that will work. You may also want to try some sort of plastic surgeon. You can even ask 'em to knock you out, if that's what your worried about, but expect to pay and extra 500 for that.

Damocles
07-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Get an implant. Mine is exactly the same color as my teeth.

Beefy
07-10-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm not going to the dentist.

Do you know of any good dental glues? I can bust this one out, soak it in pure Chlorine for a day or two, and then glue it back.

So you know, I'm not kidding.

charver
07-11-2007, 04:11 AM
Get an implant. Mine is exactly the same color as my teeth.

You have one tooth coloured breast? I applaud your individualism, sir.

AnyOldIron II
07-11-2007, 04:49 AM
We have something in the UK called Tipex...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipex

Cancel7
07-11-2007, 06:40 AM

Do you know of any good dental glues? I can bust this one out, soak it in pure Chlorine for a day or two, and then glue it back.

Beefy, if it's a money issue, take the temp off, go to the dentist, and they'll put another temp on because it's missing, rather than going with the bad temp, and they'll just say you need the real cap, which will cost you a pretty penny.

If it's not a money issue, get stoned and then go to the dentist, because I don't think you can whiten a capped tooth.

LadyT
07-11-2007, 07:07 AM
Ummmm, beefy, this is a last resort. Take your @$$ to the dentist.

uscitizen
07-11-2007, 07:22 AM
But all dentists work for the NWO and are installing recievers in our teeth to control our minds!

Thses people who say god is speaking to them, it is just the tooth implant....

Damocles
07-11-2007, 08:14 AM
But all dentists work for the NWO and are installing recievers in our teeth to control our minds!

Thses people who say god is speaking to them, it is just the tooth implant....
I thought it was in the shampoo... Hence the contact happens so often in the shower...

uscitizen
07-11-2007, 08:34 AM
I thought it was in the shampoo... Hence the contact happens so often in the shower...

The water in the shower helps provide a good ground plane connection for best signal reception.

doniston
07-11-2007, 10:06 AM
You have one tooth coloured breast? I applaud your individualism, sir."HMM!!"HEH HEH

doniston
07-11-2007, 10:11 AM
The water in the shower helps provide a good ground plane connection for best signal reception.

Solution: Wear your tin-foil hat in the shower- then no messages can get thue (unless you are looking forward to those messages) ????????

evince
07-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Get some of that paint used to touch up refrigerators.

But for real just go to the dentist dude.

uscitizen
07-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Solution: Wear your tin-foil hat in the shower- then no messages can get thue (unless you are looking forward to those messages) ????????

All I can find is aluminum foil....

Damocles
07-11-2007, 10:49 AM
All I can find is aluminum foil....
http://www.ericisgreat.com/tinfoilhats/index.html

Damocles
07-11-2007, 10:51 AM
And you can buy Tin Foil here:

http://www.advent-rm.com/materials/tin.htm

They sell tin in the following formats:

Foil Sheet Wire Ingots

uscitizen
07-11-2007, 10:53 AM

LOL pretty good site Damo. But I think they are still just aluminum foil.
Tin is usually not quite so shiny.
I liked the line about signals coming in thru your teeth fillings though.

The TF hats are kinda like pet rocks though....
good business if you can find enough suckers.

Battleborne
07-11-2007, 10:55 AM
:dunno: Just knock it out again then smile and tell everyone that you are a 'Red Neck'...gots no money for a implant!

Damocles
07-11-2007, 10:57 AM

Tin foil is expensive, but definitely obtainable.

http://www.advent-rm.com/items.asp?criteria=line&linenumber=SN2201

uscitizen
07-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Tin foil is expensive, but definitely obtainable.

http://www.advent-rm.com/items.asp?criteria=line&linenumber=SN2201

Thanks Damo I bookmarked that. $92 for 150X150 cm sheet !

However I would have to charge a few hundred bucks per tin foil hat. Now I know that only elitist conspiracy nuts buy genuine tinfoil hats.
The rest of us just have to get by with aluminum foil with their substandard SWR charistics.

doniston
07-11-2007, 11:51 AM

HA HA HA< Thanks, I needed that, and I didn't know the site existed. It"S a "KEEPER"

uscitizen
07-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Make em out of Zirconium foil they woud be a couple of grand apiece for materials. A Zirconium foil hat for celebs.

Thorn
07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Beefy, go to the dentist. Ask around, find one who is really, really gentle; get him/her to give you gas if you can't stand it. (I would never ever choose this personally, but it's a control matter).

Chlorine won't do squat for this. You said you tried a whitener and it whitened all your other teeth but not this one. Those are predominately hydrogen peroxide-based. You might try a dilute solution of HP (9:1 Water:HP using the stuff you buy in the grocery store), soak a Q-tip in the solution and apply it to the tooth for a few seconds a couple of times a day. I don't really think this will work, but hydrogen peroxide is a digestive so it might take off a little of the organic part of the stain. Don't use a stronger solution than the 9:1.

Really. See a dentist. I have a front crown; knocked the tooth off during a school game when I was a kid. I had it replaced a few years ago and hardly felt a thing. And I'm really not a good patient. Good luck, guy.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-11-2007, 01:28 PM

You'd probably die if you did that. AND your tooth would still be brown, it would just be brown at your funeral.

If your not going to the dentist I don't see why we're having this discussion, because there are two solution: live your life with a brown tooth and never have sex again, or go to the dentist.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-11-2007, 01:32 PM

Here's some real tinfoil:

http://members.aol.com/taedisonjr/foilsale.htm

40 dollars a roll.

FUCK THE POLICE
07-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Beefy, did you know that hydrogen peroxide is actually stronger than chlorox? It's LITERALLY bleach. If you put pure hydrogen peroxide on your teeth it would burn through. If hydrogen peroxide didn't do it, I can't see why chlorox would.

Beefy
07-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Beefy, did you know that hydrogen peroxide is actually stronger than chlorox? It's LITERALLY bleach. If you put pure hydrogen peroxide on your teeth it would burn through. If hydrogen peroxide didn't do it, I can't see why chlorox would.

Where do I get pure hydrogen peroxide then?

LadyT
07-11-2007, 02:18 PM

It won't "burn through" it will deteriorate the enamel on your teeth. If you leave your tooth in coca-cola for a week it will deteriorate completely.

LadyT
07-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Where do I get pure hydrogen peroxide then?

1-800-Dentists

Beefy
07-11-2007, 02:59 PM
1-800-Dentists

Maybe its not so bad. I hear that brown, oversized front teeth are all the rage in London.

Thorn
07-11-2007, 03:07 PM
It won't "burn through" it will deteriorate the enamel on your teeth. If you leave your tooth in coca-cola for a week it will deteriorate completely.

I thought Mythbusters debunked that one?

Hydrogen peroxide is a digestive; it "eats" organic matter. You don't want to mess around with concentrations that are too strong, especially not for vain cosmetic reasons. You can't buy "pure" hydrogen peroxide except through a scientific supplier, and you can't do that as a member of the public. You shouldn't even use therapeutic grade (from a drug store) full strength; it really will damage the structure of the tooth. Then you'll have a big gap instead of a brown tooth.

Obviously you have your reasons for not wanting to consult a dentist, but really, please, have this looked at by a professional! None of us is a dentist and besides, we can't see you. :)

evince
07-11-2007, 03:09 PM
It is likely brown from the inside out anyway

FUCK THE POLICE
07-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Maybe its not so bad. I hear that brown, oversized front teeth are all the rage in London.

Too bad you're not moving to London. In Hawaii, the chicks are hotter, and are a bit more picky.

AnyOldIron II
07-12-2007, 02:26 AM

Bitch....

And the US is where we come if we want to meet bubble butt bloaters....

LadyT
07-12-2007, 04:42 AM
I thought Mythbusters debunked that one?

Hydrogen peroxide is a digestive; it "eats" organic matter. You don't want to mess around with concentrations that are too strong, especially not for vain cosmetic reasons. You can't buy "pure" hydrogen peroxide except through a scientific supplier, and you can't do that as a member of the public. You shouldn't even use therapeutic grade (from a drug store) full strength; it really will damage the structure of the tooth. Then you'll have a big gap instead of a brown tooth.

Obviously you have your reasons for not wanting to consult a dentist, but really, please, have this looked at by a professional! None of us is a dentist and besides, we can't see you. :)

I think if you leave it in long enough it will - I think like ten days or a week. It won't do it over night, but I could have sworn someone did that in grade school. But as for peroxide, I'm sure if you leave it in long enough it will degrade the entire tooth. But if you're just rubbing it on, you'll take off the enamel first. Or so a dentist told me.

uscitizen
07-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Just say no to coke!