PDA

View Full Version : I've been thinking...

Beefy
07-03-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm moving to Hawaii in a few months, and I've been wondering why I've lived in the places I've lived.

Here are the reasons:

1. San Fernando Valley: I was born here, I really had no choice as to where my parents decided to raise their family.

2. Santa Barbara: I was 17, a fresh kid innocently right out of High School, not knowing anything about my future but that I had to go to college.

3. San Fernando Valley: I got thrown out of college so I moved back home.

4. Denver: I moved there because it wasn't the Valley, and I had a job opportunity.

5. Seattle: Always wanted to live there, had one of the best years of my life.

6. San Fernando Valley again: I messed up.

Next is Hawaii.

Damocles
07-04-2007, 12:02 AM
And the best place of them all... Denver!

tinfoil
07-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Hawaii? Awesome. Hope you have a great time there.
/a little envious

Damocles
07-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Aren't we all. I loved visiting there, of course the last time I did I was a teen...

LadyT
07-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Yeah. I'm definitely jealous. The only place that's nearly as cool as Jersey in the US is Hawaii ;)

Have fun!

Cancel7
07-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Yeah. I'm definitely jealous. The only place that's nearly as cool as Jersey in the US is Hawaii ;)

Have fun!

Yes...that's why Jersey is known as the Hawaii of the Northeast. I'm lucky to live so close to it. I've actually driven through the Lincoln Tunnel, took a deep breath and said, "you know, if I didn't know better, I'd swear I was in Hawaii".

uscitizen
07-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Yes...that's why Jersey is known as the Hawaii of the Northeast. I'm lucky to live so close to it. I've actually driven through the Lincoln Tunnel, took a deep breath and said, "you know, if I didn't know better, I'd swear I was in Hawaii".

that was just hallucinations from all the CO poisoning Darla :)

Cancel7
07-05-2007, 07:11 AM
that was just hallucinations from all the CO poisoning Darla :)

LOL

I thought maybe I could get Tiana a little riled up, liven things up today. It's very slow this week at work, and I'm bored.

LadyT
07-05-2007, 07:12 AM

LMAO! :p :readit:

Yes Darla. It can get a bit overwhelming. The refineries, the sweet smell of industrialized pollution. If you close you're eyes, cover your ears, and hold your breath until you pass out, you really wouldn't know the difference. Amazing isn't it?

Cancel7
07-05-2007, 07:17 AM
LMAO! :p :readit:

Yes Darla. It can get a bit overwhelming. The refineries, the sweet smell of industrialized pollution. If you close you're eyes, cover your ears, and hold your breath until you pass out, you really wouldn't know the difference. Amazing isn't it?

Yes, other than the things you list, the resemblance is striking.

I only joke about Jersey...it's not like the other side of the Lincoln tunnel is any paradise either.

Cypress
07-05-2007, 08:20 AM

My thoughts exactly. I was thinking that driving up the lovely New Jersey turnpike was almost exactly like driving to Hawaii's north shore.

uscitizen
07-05-2007, 08:27 AM
I have been on the jersey turnpike.... some of you must be on heavy duty drugs :)

Cypress
07-05-2007, 08:30 AM
I have been on the jersey turnpike.... some of you must be on heavy duty drugs :)

Just "high" on life my friend.

The sweet fragrance of the ExxonMobil refinery and the Jersey landfills, is not too disimilar from the fragrance of the pineapple fields and flowers of the North Shore highway.

LadyT
07-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Yes, other than the things you list, the resemblance is striking.

I only joke about Jersey...it's not like the other side of the Lincoln tunnel is any paradise either.

Oh I know. How was your fourth?

LadyT
07-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Just "high" on life my friend.

The sweet fragrance of the ExxonMobil refinery and the Jersey landfills, is not too disimilar from the fragrance of the pineapple fields and flowers of the North Shore highway.

Sigh.......good times......good times. That reminds me of the other day when I happened upon a landfill. I closed my eyes and for a minute, I thought I was near a Macadamia Nut tree. When I opened them I realized what I was smelling was not the scent of ripening nuts, but rather compose........oh sweet sweet Jersey.

Cypress
07-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Sigh.......good times......good times. That reminds me of the other day when I happened upon a landfill. I closed my eyes and for a minute, I thought I was near a Macadamia Nut tree. When I opened them I realized what I was smelling was not the scent of ripening nuts, but rather compose........oh sweet sweet Jersey.

ROTFL-time! snort, snort, guffaw.....

Cancel7
07-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Oh I know. How was your fourth?

It was great! How was yours?

LadyT
07-05-2007, 09:14 AM
It was great! How was yours?

It was great!

But then I got AIDS from a needle on the beach. :(

Cancel7
07-05-2007, 09:15 AM
It was great!

LOL. Come on, you did not!

Damocles
07-05-2007, 09:16 AM
It was great!

That happens often in Hawaii.

LadyT
07-05-2007, 09:19 AM
The only draw back from Jersey beaches. Otherwise, they are lovely! :)

In all seriousness we made it a lazy day. My boyfriend and I were debating on whether we would go to my parent's place or his. Around noon, we were still in bed watching movies and decided we weren't going anywhere except out for a big lunch. I heard fireworks down the street from me, but it rained so I didn't bother going to see them.
Oh! But I did finally catch "Lil' Bush" on comedy central. I thought that pretty funny. Then you think about some of the jokes and you're like, "man, that's pretty sad that its funny".

i.e. Lil' Bush signed up for the military and the test consisted of his name and the date. He got the date wrong, but they took him anyway. And when he asked for body armour the recruiter looked at him and laughed.

Cancel7
07-05-2007, 09:22 AM
The only draw back from Jersey beaches. Otherwise, they are lovely! :)

In all seriousness we made it a lazy day. My boyfriend and I were debating on whether we would go to my parent's place or his. Around noon, we were still in bed watching movies and decided we weren't going anywhere except out for a big lunch. I heard fireworks down the street from me, but it rained so I didn't bother going to see them.
Oh! But I did finally catch "Lil' Bush" on comedy central. I thought that pretty funny. Then you think about some of the jokes and you're like, "man, that's pretty sad that its funny".

i.e. Lil' Bush signed up for the military and the test consisted of his name and the date. He got the date wrong, but they took him anyway. And when he asked for body armour the recruiter looked at him and laughed.

That must have been funny, I missed them last night. I should have recorded them but I forgot to.

I love that show.

LadyT
07-05-2007, 09:23 AM
That happens often in Hawaii.

I know. Jersey and Hawaii. One in the same.