PDA

View Full Version : Damo, the site...

FUCK THE POLICE
06-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Is there anything we could do to make it look prettier? Honestly, the only real advantage FP has over this site is that it looks a lot better. This board just looks so very standard and clutterd by comparison. I mean, maybe we could change the colors or something? I'm usually very good with aesthetic design. ;)

Any suggestions?

Damocles
06-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Is there anything we could do to make it look prettier? Honestly, the only real advantage FP has over this site is that it looks a lot better. This board just looks so very standard and clutterd by comparison. I mean, maybe we could change the colors or something? I'm usually very good with aesthetic design. ;)

Any suggestions?
I'm sure we could. I do like dark colors with light letters. There are many studies showing that it stresses the eyes less than a light background with dark letters.

If you can dream up something better and show it to me I'm not averse to taking suggestions.

FUCK THE POLICE
06-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Well, I really just don't know much about website design or what it would take. Maybe you could ask Grind? I think I heard him talking about improving how it looks.

FUCK THE POLICE
06-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Maybe we could take out the heavy amount of greys. Something more bluish? But now that I think about other horrible looking blue site designs I've seen in the past...

FUCK THE POLICE
06-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I just looked at the other standard designs, and this ones the best out of them.

Damocles
06-27-2007, 09:51 PM
LOL. I have that ugly blue design if you want to choose it. Which one are you using?

FUCK THE POLICE
06-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah, that was the design I was actually referencing whenever I said I've seen some ugly blue designs. I've seen other sites using it.

FUCK THE POLICE
06-27-2007, 10:33 PM
I have a blue design on my myspace page, and I like to think it doesn't look too ugly, though

Damocles
06-27-2007, 10:41 PM
I'll look for better background choices. Once I find a good one, I'll keep only one or two of them. User input will be needed.

Unfortunately, while I can make a computer work well, making a good looking website is an entirely different piece of work.

Beefy
06-27-2007, 11:02 PM
You need a new banner:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/mbl727/jpp-1.jpg

FUCK THE POLICE
06-27-2007, 11:03 PM
I wonder if we have anyone with experience with website design on the site.

FUCK THE POLICE
06-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah, the banner is ugly Damo. I'm just gonna say it.

Damocles
06-27-2007, 11:06 PM
It's better than what I would come up with. I'm seeking a way to rotate the banners as I have a few, all designed by Dixie of all people.

I wonder what is up with him anyway.

FUCK THE POLICE
06-27-2007, 11:07 PM
:D THAT explains it!

Didn't you see that whole thread where he said he was quitting posting on here?

Damocles
06-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I saw it. I expected him to come back after a while though. I think he'd like some of the new posters.

FUCK THE POLICE
06-27-2007, 11:12 PM
I'd like to avoid designs with bald eagles and flags.

I'm sorry, but the American flag just ain't the best lookin' flag on the planet, and it looks tacky on any just about any webpage.

Damocles
06-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah, but I seek something that reminds people of politics immediately. There aren't too many symbols that do that. And I think the UN was already taken...

;)

BRUTALITOPS
06-28-2007, 01:51 AM
you may want to avoid the american flag though if you want to encompass international politics and the politics of other countries. I suggest using some stock photo of an ancient greeck forum, or the palladium or something.

Damocles
06-28-2007, 06:38 AM
you may want to avoid the american flag though if you want to encompass international politics and the politics of other countries. I suggest using some stock photo of an ancient greeck forum, or the palladium or something.
Where you been, Grind? I have some questions I need to ask you in PM.

Hermes Thoth
06-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Well, I really just don't know much about website design or what it would take. .

Why don't you just stfu then? The site is fine, sissyfag.
:)

uscitizen
06-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah, but I seek something that reminds people of politics immediately. There aren't too many symbols that do that. And I think the UN was already taken...

;)

something that reminds them of politics ? How about a picture of a pile of money ?
Maybe behind jail bars ?

FUCK THE POLICE
06-28-2007, 08:23 AM

And what's wrong with the parthenon?

We're making copies of plaster of marble of wood! Every new material has it's place and should be treated differently.

Read "The Fountainhead" to understand the above.

LadyT
06-28-2007, 05:26 PM
I have the "old style" as my default. I think that's much better than the black & grey as a standard. But I agree with WM, the one thing the other site has going is the simplicity of the layout.

Damocles
06-28-2007, 07:14 PM
You have options here in your profile to view the site in many different ways.

BRUTALITOPS
06-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Where you been, Grind? I have some questions I need to ask you in PM.

ask away sir

FUCK THE POLICE
07-01-2007, 05:35 PM
You have options here in your profile to view the site in many different ways.

Three different ways, and they're all uglier.

Damocles
07-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Three different ways, and they're all uglier.
No, check your options. You have choices on how threads are shown, how many will show on each screen, etc. You have many options.

Beefy
07-01-2007, 09:20 PM
No, check your options. You have choices on how threads are shown, how many will show on each screen, etc. You have many options.

I think he's referring to the backgrounds. Frankly, I don't give two shits, but some of these yougsters, they don't see the big picture for what it is you know?

TheHighbrow
07-01-2007, 11:37 PM

Any suggestions?

Please boy, leave the smiley's and tender vaginal yearnings at home. I do realize that this site is somewhat below a person of my caliber, but I'm not going to whine like some silly little bitch over it.

Oh, excuse my language, please.

TRGLDTE
07-02-2007, 01:53 PM

Any suggestions?

I suggest that he begin by limiting the size of signatures.