PDA

View Full Version : Okay.... It appears I finally have the new server working correctly...

Damocles
06-22-2007, 01:03 AM
I'll be closing down the site for a few. Creating one last db dump before the switchover. Once it is back up, there will be a "We're sorry..." message that will point you to a temp url that will hold the site until the new servers have perpetuated across the internet then your old bookmarks should work.

It may take as many as two days for that to get done.

See you on the new server!

Damocles

(This post is more to ensure that my last datadump successfully made the crossover than it is to inform as it is very early in the morning here.)

Damocles
06-22-2007, 04:44 AM
Crap. I am somehow getting the db upload wrong and I am missing posts. I will wait until I have it right before attempting it.

LadyT
06-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Jeesh Damo. Get it together. I mean its just a simple data dump.

;)

Hermes Thoth
06-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Crap. I am somehow getting the db upload wrong and I am missing posts. I will wait until I have it right before attempting it.

Oh. Suprise suprise. All the posts with the word JEW in them are missing. :rolleyes: How'd they get to you damo?

Damocles
06-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh. Suprise suprise. All the posts with the word JEW in them are missing. :rolleyes: How'd they get to you damo?
LOL.

uscitizen
06-22-2007, 01:14 PM
But at least the ones with Joo in therm are still here.

Damocles
06-22-2007, 08:11 PM
I am very excited about the speed I have seen so far. Let's get some users in here to give it a test!

Cancel7
06-22-2007, 08:38 PM
I am very excited about the speed I have seen so far. Let's get some users in here to give it a test!

You're all set? Excellent!

Damocles
06-22-2007, 08:40 PM
The only thing I'm having any trouble with right now is the integrated chat. It still logs into the old server. Thankfully few use it right now and I am learning what to change in order to get it to use the correct server.

Damocles
06-22-2007, 08:41 PM

They mesmerized me with an old man attempting desperately to remember a speech.

Cancel7
06-22-2007, 08:41 PM
The only thing I'm having any trouble with right now is the integrated chat. It still logs into the old server. Thankfully few use it right now and I am learning what to change in order to get it to use the correct server.

I'm thinking about using it for cybersex, so dont take too long.

Damo, it really is fast. Congrats!

Damocles
06-22-2007, 08:43 PM
And it is about $5 a month cheaper too. I was stunned when I found out the recommended company and saw their deal. I also have a ton of choices in order to upgrade if I need still more speed.

Damocles
06-22-2007, 09:06 PM
The flashchat will work on this site as soon as the server names have propagated through the web... I don't want to change the link for a temp fix.

doniston
06-23-2007, 10:00 AM
My own updte--- No problems at all this mornong, and it does appear much faster.

KUDOs

Damocles
06-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Everything is working properly so far as I can tell. Battleborn's avatar somehow disappeared, but other than that everything is normal. I told Battleborn he'd need to re-up his avatar as I wasn't going to hunt for it.

If anybody notices a glitch, give me notice and I'll work on it.

Care4all
06-23-2007, 04:09 PM
damo!

it is really fast!

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy toledo!

care

doniston
06-23-2007, 05:22 PM
damo!

it is really fast!

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy toledo!

care

QUESTION: Is Toledo more holy than Detroit????? :confused: :D

Thorn
06-25-2007, 11:56 AM
This is great, Damo! Turbo fast! :D

uscitizen
06-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Yep, nice , no wierd errors or premature logouts.
Congrats Damo.
And thanks

Damocles
06-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Wow. It appears to have passed every test. Working quickly, more posts than normal. More visitors than normal and still running smoothly.

*knocking on wood*

Cancel7
06-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Wow. It appears to have passed every test. Working quickly, more posts than normal. More visitors than normal and still running smoothly.

*knocking on wood*

I feel as if, I was present at the creation. ;)

No, it's great Damo.

Damocles
06-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Seriously, we nearly doubled the usual post count per day when it was a slow-dog. And it worked faster each and every moment of it than before. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I'd recommend this company to others.