PDA

View Full Version : This site is doing great!

Care4all
08-16-2006, 05:03 AM
I really think this site is doing great! With picking up new users and with the amount of threads posted each day....

...especially considering there is nothing wrong with the other site like there was with politics.com when the other site got its beginnings.

LadyT
08-16-2006, 06:39 AM
I'm starting to like the layout much better. The only thing I still have a problem is remembering which posts I need to respond to because they are in different forums. I like think its doing well too. How's the other site doing? I peak in every now and then but I can't really get a flavor for how its still doing since the migration.

Immanuel
08-16-2006, 06:43 AM
I'm starting to like the layout much better. The only thing I still have a problem is remembering which posts I need to respond to because they are in different forums. I like think its doing well too. How's the other site doing? I peak in every now and then but I can't really get a flavor for how its still doing since the migration.

It is doing good but there just does not seem to be any friendly banter going on.

Immie

Cancel7
08-16-2006, 06:44 AM

I like this site too. One of the things I like best is it has an IA button I guess. I mean, with no moderation at all, and a bunch of 17 year old thugs who think it's funny to say "shut up cunt" whenever you talk, you really should have the option of the IA. I beat the verbal crap out of one of them on FP last night, and it was kind of fun, but you know, not something I'm into doing everyday. After all, I'm NOT a 17 year old, pimple faced, virgin, and I do have other ways of getting my kicks.

I think the atmosphere here is different too. I like it.

Cancel7
08-16-2006, 06:46 AM
It is doing good but there just does not seem to be any friendly banter going on.

Immie

Hey immie, when I'm not beating the shit out of a 17 year old virgin, I am one friendly chic. I can give you more banter than you can handle! You'll see.

Immanuel
08-16-2006, 06:50 AM
Hey immie, when I'm not beating the shit out of a 17 year old virgin, I am one friendly chic. I can give you more banter than you can handle! You'll see.

Ah, but I don't believe I have seen you on FP.com in a week or so.

I always enjoy the friendly banter we (site members) have between us. It doesn't need to get down the Dixie/Maineman or Maineman/Toby level.

Immie

klaatu
08-16-2006, 06:52 AM
Yeah it is doing great! I think the discussions are at a much higher level and even the non political banter is more enetertaining.
Keep up the good work Damo!

LadyT
I like this site too. One of the things I like best is it has an IA button I guess. I mean, with no moderation at all, and a bunch of 17 year old thugs who think it's funny to say "shut up cunt" whenever you talk, you really should have the option of the IA. I beat the verbal crap out of one of them on FP last night, and it was kind of fun, but you know, not something I'm into doing everyday. After all, I'm NOT a 17 year old, pimple faced, virgin, and I do have other ways of getting my kicks.

I think the atmosphere here is different too. I like it.

ohhhh what thread?

AnyOldIron
...especially considering there is nothing wrong with the other site like there was with politics.com when the other site got its beginnings.

Like any predator I follow my prey... :D

klaatu
08-16-2006, 06:54 AM

goodmorning from across the pond and God bless anyold ... ;)

Cancel7
08-16-2006, 06:54 AM
ohhhh what thread?

Oh that was on a Michael Moore thread. It was that imna who has just gone off on me with that since my first post, and never let up. I finally let loose on him last night. It was fun, but like I said, not something I'd want to do every day. Cause you know, it could ruin my reputation as a well-brought up young lady.

Care4all
08-16-2006, 06:57 AM

hahahahahahaha!

Oh no!!! :eek:

the wolf lurking in the woods is revealed!

lol

care

Care4all
08-16-2006, 07:06 AM

Lady T....allow me to make your day....and life easier traversing this Board...

On the top bar, right next to the User CP link, is a link that says, Today's Post....click on it my friend! You will love it! In the first part of it, it will highlight new posts since you last reviewed them, then it will give you all of today's threads in order of what was last posted. Then when you click on the thread, it brings you to exactly right where you left the post the last time...putting you right in the spot of where you last read it....if you click on the arrow under the thread, that will bring you to the last post of the thread...

its cool!

The Today's Posts Link is where I go instead of the maine front page now...it is similar to the other site but better...to keep track...

Oh and it also tells you what forumn the thread comes from, and who last posted to the thread all on one page....try it, you'll like it, (as Mikey said)

also, I think there is a feature to flag threads you have posted to and just pull those up....I have not used that feature yet, but I am beginning to think that it really might be useful in keeping me organized and on track! :D

AnyOldIron
08-16-2006, 07:07 AM
goodmorning from across the pond and God bless anyold

G'Morning Klaatu! And may whichever god you prefer bless you too....

AnyOldIron
08-16-2006, 07:08 AM
the wolf lurking in the woods is revealed!

You aren't my type of prey, too sweet.

I hunt tough old birds like Dixie.... :D

uscitizen
08-16-2006, 07:17 AM
Yeah Dixie is a tough bird, stupid, but tough.

LadyT
08-16-2006, 07:18 AM
Lady T....allow me to make your day....and life easier traversing this Board...

On the top bar, right next to the User CP link, is a link that says, Today's Post....click on it my friend! You will love it! In the first part of it, it will highlight new posts since you last reviewed them, then it will give you all of today's threads in order of what was last posted. Then when you click on the thread, it brings you to exactly right where you left the post the last time...putting you right in the spot of where you last read it....if you click on the arrow under the thread, that will bring you to the last post of the thread...

its cool!

The Today's Posts Link is where I go instead of the maine front page now...it is similar to the other site but better...to keep track...

Oh and it also tells you what forumn the thread comes from, and who last posted to the thread all on one page....try it, you'll like it, (as Mikey said)

also, I think there is a feature to flag threads you have posted to and just pull those up....I have not used that feature yet, but I am beginning to think that it really might be useful in keeping me organized and on track! :D

Cool, thanks! I'll have to use that.

maineman
08-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Yeah Dixie is a tough bird, stupid, but tough.

stubborn, obstinant and slanderous....and he acts tough

uscitizen
08-16-2006, 07:48 AM
Well tough as in stubborn as a rock. He will argue with a running chainsaw.

maineman
08-16-2006, 07:49 AM
and will NEVER admit he has made a mistake.

LadyT
08-16-2006, 07:57 AM
and will NEVER admit he has made a mistake.

That's our Dixie. Mr. 1/3's himself.

Care4all
08-16-2006, 08:00 AM
Well tough as in stubborn as a rock. He will argue with a running chainsaw.

ESPECIALLY, ones he can YANK..... (said a wise woman once... )

;)

Damocles
08-16-2006, 08:52 AM
You can subscribe to the thread, then it will be in your UserCP awaiting your response...

Just make sure you have it set so that you don't get e-mails on responses to a subscribed thread or you'll have a ton of mail...

:D

Damocles
08-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Anyway, thanks for all the good support. You guys make the site! It's your posts that make it all happen.

:woot:

OrnotBitwise
08-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Besides, he enjoyed every minute of it.

Oh, wait: you mean here don't you? Woops.

:o

Cypress
08-16-2006, 10:14 AM
You've done a fine job with this website damocles.

congratulations!

Damocles
08-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Gawrsh! Thanks folks! Once again... It is the members that make the site...

:)