PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...

Damocles
08-15-2006, 09:43 PM
or has this NFL Preseason sucked even more ass than normally?

Annie
08-15-2006, 09:59 PM

Chicago lost, it sucks. :tongout:

uscitizen
08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Pro sports just sucks anyway :)

DigitalDave
08-16-2006, 10:43 AM

Dude, I'm a Browns fan... I don't think I need to comment on how bad this Pre-season sucks...

Damocles
08-16-2006, 10:45 AM
It's not just how the teams are doing. The coverage sucks ass, the quality of the HD sucks ass...

It's like watching HS football where neither side really cares about what is happening.

This Preseason has really sucked.

OrnotBitwise
08-16-2006, 12:38 PM
It's not just how the teams are doing. The coverage sucks ass, the quality of the HD sucks ass...

It's like watching HS football where neither side really cares about what is happening.

This Preseason has really sucked.
Preseason sucks by definition. It exists simply to make some extra money -- mostly for the TV networks -- for little or no extra effort. The coaches hate it and the players hate it. Why should we expect them to put up a good product?

Each team should play one or, at most, two preseason games. Preferably against local or traditional rivals.

uscitizen
08-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Players sluffing off with the kind of money they make ?

OrnotBitwise
08-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Players sluffing off with the kind of money they make ?
Expand the season to 18 or 20 games if you want more games. These diddly-dink non-games, that serve no purpose other than to get people injured, are totally bogus.

klaatu
08-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Dude, I'm a Browns fan... I don't think I need to comment on how bad this Pre-season sucks...

What is going on with this team? They cant even make a trade without it bouncing back... did you see what happened in that Suggs trade?
Also.. the replacement for Bentley (Hallen) walks out and retires ... and his replacement just got suspended for drugs .. and yet another Center hurts his ankle!

The Cubs of the NFL .... :eek:

klaatu
08-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Preseason sucks by definition. It exists simply to make some extra money -- mostly for the TV networks -- for little or no extra effort. The coaches hate it and the players hate it. Why should we expect them to put up a good product?

Each team should play one or, at most, two preseason games. Preferably against local or traditional rivals.

Nah ..the games are neccessary to evaluate talent. ..though I will agree they have turned it into a money making venture .. especially when they mandated the pre-season games be part of the Season ticket package ... :mad: