08-15-2006, 04:18 PM
yes.

klaatu
08-15-2006, 04:22 PM
I agree

Cypress
08-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Yes/No?

what kind of profiling are you talking about?

BRUTALITOPS
08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
I assume he means racial... i.e. profiling muslims.

Cypress
08-15-2006, 04:28 PM
I assume he means racial... i.e. profiling muslims.

Well, that would be religious profiling, not racial. Muslims come in every color of the rainbow.

Ethnic or religious profiling is stupid.

Its a waste of law enforcements time to strip search a 90-year old muslim grandma who's in a wheelchair.

Criminal profiling is better. You can use country-of-origin or ethnicity as one tool in criminal profiling. But, the profile has to be a composite - not limited to one relgious or ethnic criteria.

klaatu
08-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Well ..if you look at the topic of the week. I guess I am talking about profiling for potential terrorism. I believe having a 70 year old blue haired wasp step out of line, take her shoes off and strip down is a bit off kilter. So...yes ... I would say we definitly need to profile for who might be a suspected terrorist, and Arabs and Muslims are the unfortunate group that would suffer ...

Cypress
08-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Well ..if you look at the topic of the week. I guess I am talking about profiling for potential terrorism. I believe having a 70 year old blue haired white wasp step out of line, take her shoes off and strip down is a bit off kilter. So...yes ... I would say we definitly need to profile for who might be a suspected terrorist, and Arabs and Muslims are the unfortunate group that would suffer ...

No, it would be a waste of time to strip search all muslims.

If you want to be smart and effiecient about it, you do criminal profiling. Its a complete waste of time to search muslims who don't fit the profile: the elderly, children, mentally-handicapped, quadrepelgic muslims, etc.

A criminal profile for a terrorist would be country of origin, age, immigration status, passport status, flight status, etc.

klaatu
08-15-2006, 04:39 PM

If you want to be smart and effiecient about it, you do criminal profiling. Its a complete waste of time to search muslims who don't fit the profile: the elderly, children, mentally-handicapped, quadrepelgic muslims, etc.

A criminal profile for a terrorist would be country of origin, age, immigration status, passport status, flight status, etc.

I dont think I said target every arab or Muslim who walks through the terminal ... but Arabs and Muslims will be the likely groups that will be subjected to your criminal profile approach.

Cypress
08-15-2006, 04:46 PM
I dont think I said target every arab or Muslim who walks through the terminal ... but Arabs and Muslims will be the likely groups that will be subjected to your criminal profile approach.

then what you're talking about is closer to criminal profiling, than true "religious" profiling, as grind suggested.

There's no point having a strictly "religious" test for screening possible terrorists.

Using age, gender, country of origin, and immigration status is a perfectly acceptable way of catching a terrorist. A 25-years old dude from pakistan who has a green card and is carrying a one-way flight ticket, fits the criminal profile perfectly.

A 70 year old Brazilian man who coverted to islam when he was 60, does not fit the criminal profile.

klaatu
08-15-2006, 04:54 PM
then what you're talking about is closer to criminal profiling, than true "religious" profiling, as grind suggested.

There's no point having a strictly "religious" test for screening possible terrorists.

Using age, gender, country of origin, and immigration status is a perfectly acceptable way of catching a terrorist. A 25-years old dude from pakistan who has a green card and is carrying a one-way flight ticket, fits the criminal profile perfectly.

A 70 year old Brazilian man who coverted to islam when he was 60, does not fit the criminal profile.

Damn Cypress.. we are beginning to agree on quite a bit these days ... either Im getting too soft or you're moving center .. which is it? :confused:

Cypress
08-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Damn Cypress.. we are beginning to agree on quite a bit these days ... either Im getting too soft or you're moving center .. which is it? :confused:

that's why I asked what kind of profiling. Criminal profiling is a time-tested and acceptable law enforcement technique.

Criminal profiling is literally the only efficient way to screen criminals. Profiling simply based on skin color, ethnicity, or religion is a complete waste of law enforcements time.

If racial profiling in and of itself, really worked, cops would be stopping and searching every white male within half a mile of a school....since white males overwhelmingly make up this nation's pedophile population.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 05:06 PM

Hmmm, I'll give ya the retards and the quads but it has been show many times before that children are suitable suicidle bombers, and yeah I can see where they become less radical as they get older.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I found asshat central right here on this board! I gotta guess that the half of ya here are DU flunkies?........whata bunch of shitbricks...:cof1:

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Hmmm, I'll give ya the retards and the quads but it has been show many times before that children are suitable suicidle bombers, and yeah I can see where they become less radical as they get older.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I found asshat central right here on this board! I gotta guess that the half of ya here are DU flunkies?........whata bunch of shitbricks...:cof1:Look, if you want to get strip-searched all you have to do is go up to one of the airport security guys and ask him why he's a big fat asshole. You'll get your jollies and no one else will be bothered.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Look, if you want to get strip-searched all you have to do is go up to one of the airport security guys and ask him why he's a big fat asshole. You'll get your jollies and no one else will be bothered.

Ornery, what is your deal with always approaching the sexual subject? you lack it in a big way eh?

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Ornery, what is your deal with always approaching the sexual subject? you lack it in a big way eh?
Hey, you're the one who thinks of strip-searches that way, not me. The idea kind of puts me off but to each their own.

Cancel7
08-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Look, if you want to get strip-searched all you have to do is go up to one of the airport security guys and ask him why he's a big fat asshole. You'll get your jollies and no one else will be bothered.

Really?....

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Really?....
Well, I admit that I've not tested the hypothesis. I'm pretty confident of success though. ;)

Cancel7
08-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Well, I admit that I've not tested the hypothesis. I'm pretty confident of success though. ;)

I'll let you know! lol

Damocles
08-15-2006, 06:06 PM

You do both... Otherwise they learn the "profile" you are seeking and cheater it up...

So, you criminal profile as well as do random directed searches to catch the reach beyond the stereotype that you seek.

IHateGovernment
08-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Damo is right random searches while more difficult and expensive let terrorists know that they can't use anyone who won't be searched.

For those who think only Arab Muslims are terrorists remember John Walker Lindh.

uscitizen
08-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Really?....

I think Rob does it every time he flies :)