PDA

View Full Version : Here's an Idea . . .

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 01:41 PM
. . . and I'm not even half joking. More like a third. Maybe even a quarter.

How about a "Flamethrowers" sub-forum in the War Zone? You know, a place for two people to square off and really let fly with low blows? Like these, say:

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?p=7377#post7377

I enjoy a really nasty flame war now and then but I know that most people don't. This would give those of us who do like it a place to indulge.

Just a thought.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Good idea, but I think your idea sucks! let it go on wherever it takes place so all can take part in the fun! C'mon now, take that skirt off and tak it like a man!:cof1:

Damocles
08-15-2006, 01:45 PM
. . . and I'm not even half joking. More like a third. Maybe even a quarter.

How about a "Flamethrowers" sub-forum in the War Zone? You know, a place for two people to square off and really let fly with low blows? Like these, say:

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?p=7377#post7377

I enjoy a really nasty flame war now and then but I know that most people don't. This would give those of us who do like it a place to indulge.

Just a thought.
I like it. A "Below plain politics" Forum... What does anybody else think?

Damocles
08-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Some of it is just part of politics....

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Good idea, but I think your idea sucks! let it go on wherever it takes place so all can take part in the fun! C'mon now, take that skirt off and tak it like a man!:cof1:
I wouldn't want to waste the effort. You wouldn't know a real man from a dairy cow. I suspect it's a gender identification issue stemming from childhood, your momma being the only male role model available and all.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't want to waste the effort. You wouldn't know a real man from a dairy cow. I suspect it's a gender identification issue stemming from childhood, your momma being the only male role model available and all.

How did ya know that bout' me bittybits? Well hey, I'll give ya a bit of credit though as you are still here, the rest of the lefty whiners seemed to of cleared out after a few post! What happened to piling on the guy with the opposing view. Am I too abrasive for the common shirley over here?

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Hey this is entertaining :)

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Some of it is just part of politics....
Seriously, it is. Flamewars are also a tradition on political message boards and forums from way, way back. Most boards try to limit them -- with good reason since, as previously noted, most people get tired of them really quickly.

This way you have a recourse for threads and rivalries that get out of control: move 'em to the no-holds-barred folder and let 'em play themselves out.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Hey this is entertaining :)

Ya think? well why not join in instead of giving your fellow whiners rump rides?:p

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 01:56 PM
This way you have a recourse for threads and rivalries that get out of control: move 'em to the no-holds-barred folder and let 'em play themselves out.

what the hell kind of rivalries do you have around here? at least it's cool that ya don't get banned after your first opposing post! ya know that is a typical tactic from you sissy lefties! :cof1:

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Wow what a tough poster. You seem kinda tough Evil for a 16 yr old girl Scout.

Damocles
08-15-2006, 02:01 PM
I could make a new User Category called "Mudslingers"... They'll post in the "Below"...

Hmmm... Maybe not. Maybe just move the thread on down and let it just happen naturally....

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 02:17 PM
While we're on the subject of suggestions, how about a whole new category? Specifically, Interminable Religious Arguments No One Gives a Shit About. More than three biblical citations in ten posts and the thread gets moved.

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Sort of hard to seperate politics and religion Ornot. We keep falling into that same old selfrighteous rut.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:23 PM
I could make a new User Category called "Mudslingers"... They'll post in the "Below"...

Hmmm... Maybe not. Maybe just move the thread on down and let it just happen naturally....

Mudllingers? don't do that, half the sissies here think that is what we are supposed to be using in war instead of actuall weapons.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Wow what a tough poster. You seem kinda tough Evil for a 16 yr old girl Scout.

Dude, I have seven hairs on my chest so you know I'm tough!

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:25 PM
While we're on the subject of suggestions, how about a whole new category? Specifically, Interminable Religious Arguments No One Gives a Shit About. More than three biblical citations in ten posts and the thread gets moved.

Ahhh, religion scks as a topic! It would be more of the same old rhetorical rants like the other pansy posts around here....

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Sissies ?? Well I can see you are a self taught expert on the subject :)
Wanna borrow my training wheels so ya don't wreck so much ?
I found they are pretty handy when I have to make like Gump and Run away from the big bully republicans :)

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Sissies ?? Well I can see you are a self taught expert on the subject :)
Wanna borrow my training wheels so ya don't wreck so much ?
I found they are pretty handy when I have to make like Gump and Run away from the big bully republicans :)

Training wheels? damn I can hook em' right up to my leg straighteners and run like hell eh? thata be pretty cool!

Hit me a little harder next time though, ok? :cof1:

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Does the thought of religious topics make you get your panties in a wad Evil ? Better watch out Brent will hold a prayer meeting for ya.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Does the thought of religious topics make you get your panties in a wad Evil ? Better watch out Brent will hold a prayer meeting for ya.

I just read one of Bernt's posts, It kinda sucked to tell ya honestly... Strange bunch round here for sure but keeps things interesting. I was just simply implying that religion is as volatile a subject as politics, and I think ya all have enough back patting going on here to start something else like it.:p

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Sort of hard to seperate politics and religion Ornot. We keep falling into that same old selfrighteous rut.
Oh, I agree. It's just when they start arguing about whether some policy is justified on biblical grounds that my eyes glaze over. Immediately thereafter I start wondering if they'll shut up when they find that their System drives have all been mysteriously reformated . . . .

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Training wheels? damn I can hook em' right up to my leg straighteners and run like hell eh? thata be pretty cool!

Hit me a little harder next time though, ok? :cof1:
LOL, I had a funny image of that. A redneck Segway!!!

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 02:42 PM
Dude, I have seven hairs on my chest so you know I'm tough!Yeah, sounds like you'd be driving the bike alright. That brings a whole new meaning to "bikini wax" though. Must be tough in the summertime.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:43 PM
LOL, I had a funney image of that. A redneck Segway!!!

Wrong again, I'm anything but a redneck!

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 02:44 PM
//

Yeah, but my five are grey.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:46 PM
//

Yeah, but my five are grey.

Damn, you can't quote either?

must be because yer old, and only five? damn, ya can't be too tough!

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Wrong again, I'm anything but a redneck!

But the mental image was funny as heck to me. Leg braces with training wheels on the ends. Would have to be entertaining.
Nope not a redneck. Just a fellow assholeio.

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Damn, you can't quote either?

must be because yer old, and only five? damn, ya can't be too tough!

all my enemies are dead, well except for the lazy fat pig I am married to. But that is nearing resoloution.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Nope not a redneck. Just a fellow assholeio.

cornholeio!

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Yeah, sounds like you'd be driving the bike alright. That brings a whole new meaning to "bikini wax" though. Must be tough in the summertime.

Hmmm, talkin bout' bikini wax what is that in your avatar tough guy?

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 02:50 PM
correct, cornholeio. Damn that CRS.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:51 PM
all my enemies are dead, well except for the lazy fat pig I am married to. But that is nearing resoloution.

:lolup:

Dang, you sound more rednech than me!

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh and the 5 hairs are the ones that the chemo / rad treatments did not burn off my chest. brb, going for smoke break.

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 02:53 PM
:lolup:

Dang, you sound more rednech than me!
Well I grew up in the hills of eastern KY and was picked on back there for not being redneck enough. I don't even like Nascar, and prefer vodka to budweiser.

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 02:54 PM

Ahh but you have to admire my favorite pose of George. Assholeius supremus.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Oh and the 5 hairs are the ones that the chemo / rad treatments did not burn off my chest. brb, going for smoke break.

Well hell, at least you have a legitimate excuse then! However if ya did'nt say so ya could have had the appeasers here feel bad for ya after ya told em' ya got that way after hangin' round' Iraq too long.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Well I grew up in the hills of eastern KY and was picked on back there for not being redneck enough. I don't even like Nascar, and prefer vodka to budweiser.

lol, ya sure ain't no redneck not liking nascar an all!

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 02:56 PM
That, dear, is a marmoset. It is the simplest of all primates. The fact that they tend to look a bit like Yoda is purely coincidental. That particular little fellow was found wandering the streets of my old hometown recently, but that's another story.

It was an attempt to communicate with Brent on a level he could comprehend. Alas, it still went right over his head. Poor little thing's due for retirement: I just haven't had time to whip up a replacement.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Ahh but you have to admire my favorite pose of George. Assholeius supremus.

That's not too nice being he's my hero an all, but hey it's better than having Kerry in there.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 02:59 PM
That, dear, is a marmoset. It is the simplest of all primates. The fact that they tend to look a bit like Yoda is purely coincidental. That particular little fellow was found wandering the streets of my old hometown recently, but that's another story.

It was an attempt to communicate with Brent on a level he could comprehend. Alas, it still went right over his head. Poor little thing's due for retirement: I just haven't had time to whip up a replacement.

I dunno know where someone like Bernt resides in this world, can't say much for likes of that kind.

Anyways why did ya call me dear? hope youare of the female gender or I am going to start worrying a bit.

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Why you gonna start worrying ? You one of those darn homophobes or sumthin ?

BTW the chemo was BS. I am older than dirt, but younger than most rocks. I have been to Nam and back and did not see you there.

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 03:05 PM
I dunno know where someone like Bernt resides in this world, can't say much for likes of that kind.

Anyways why did ya call me dear? hope youare of the female gender or I am going to start worrying a bit.
Oh? Perhaps I've gotten the wrong impression. Forgive me, if so, for I did not mean to offend. When you were going on about those seven hairs, this is pretty much what I was picturing.

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/60/1449.jpg

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Why you gonna start worrying ? You one of those darn homophobes or sumthin ?

BTW the chemo was BS. I am older than dirt, but younger than most rocks. I have been to Nam and back and did not see you there.

I am a homophobe! chemo was bs? damn that's cold even for an old dude!

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Oh? Perhaps I've gotten the wrong impression. Forgive me, if so, for I did not mean to offend. When you were going on about those seven hairs, this is pretty much what I was picturing.

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/60/1449.jpg

Not offended but if I have seven hairs on my chest why would ya call me dear?
do I need more?

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Not offended but if I have seven hairs on my chest why would ya call me dear?
do I need more?
I am not a homophobe. I get along pretty well with most of the dykes I've met.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 03:14 PM
I am not a homophobe. I get along pretty well with most of the dykes I've met.

Now ya got my dumbass all confused! your a lesbian or what?

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 03:14 PM
LOL, great reply. I like wimmin too so I must be a lesban I guess.
I did think ellens degenerate's gal looked mighty fine.

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Now ya got my dumbass all confused! your a lesbian or what?
Naw. I probably would be if I weren't an XY but I'm just a boring old, plain vanilla hetero.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Naw. I probably would be if I weren't an XY but I'm just a boring old, plain vanilla hetero.

darn, I was hoping my mach ways around here were begining to get ya a bit moist but now yer saying that your not that way, damn I am a homophobe!

klaatu
08-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Evil ... why do you need to act tough on a message board? Are you trying to fill a void in your life?

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Evil ... why do you need to act tough on a message board? Are you trying to fill a void in your life?

Ummm, a little late to reply so I see ya don't get it but I'll humor ya a bit.

Yep, got me there, I act tough to fill a void! what void, can ya help?

Damocles
08-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Think I should put this in the War Zone? Maybe a "FlameThrowers" Forum... I could use the same setup but open for members to go in and create a Flame War...

Damocles
08-15-2006, 09:09 PM

I bet I can find something to fill a "void"...

Annie
08-15-2006, 09:16 PM
I bet I can find something to fill a "void"...

I bet you can come up with something. Now, what to do with Evil? That will be a dilemma.

Damocles
08-15-2006, 09:23 PM
How'ya doing, Teacher?

Annie
08-15-2006, 09:27 PM
How'ya doing, Teacher?

I'm doing good. I'm impressed with the debates/discussions here. I'm busy reading. :cof1:

Damocles
08-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm doing good. I'm impressed with the debates/discussions here. I'm busy reading. :cof1:
We have a really good group here, and you'll only add to the positive aspects... Have fun with the new site!

:)

BRUTALITOPS
08-16-2006, 04:57 AM
I think it's unneccesary. That can go on the whatever goes forum.

klaatu
08-16-2006, 07:16 AM

You are the master of all that is bullshit .. so.. you tell me ....

uscitizen
08-16-2006, 07:23 AM
All this fill a void talk, just a bunch of dreamers :)

IHateGovernment
08-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Flame wars are dumb. Wasted time with wasted brain cells.

OrnotBitwise
08-17-2006, 10:17 AM
This is why I think that providing a forum specifically for the purpose is worthwhile. That way, people who feel as you do won't be bothered. ;)

Sure, they're dumb. They can also be a lot of fun, too. It's like any other game, really.

Sir Evil
08-17-2006, 11:25 AM
You are the master of all that is bullshit .. so.. you tell me ....

Hmmm, coming from a guy who lives in S.Florida, who seems to spend an awful lot of time on this board, and who makes posts such as "how many females are on this board" I'll take your opinion as a compliment, sounds like you have bigger issues....

uscitizen
08-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Sure, they're dumb. They can also be a lot of fun, too. It's like any other game, really.
//

who takes these kinds of boards seriously anyway ? All just fun and games.

BRUTALITOPS
08-25-2006, 04:53 PM

your mom.