PDA

View Full Version : Wal Mart, first profit drop in 10 yrs.

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 11:59 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/15/D8JGVU680.html

Heck with the oil, wally world is going down!!! OH NO!!!

Damocles
08-15-2006, 12:33 PM
How about Costco? Did they have the same increase as WalMart had decrease?

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I dunno, I did not read the whole article.
Part of it was attributed to WM bailing out of Germany I think.
But gas prices and such were mentioned as factors in the drop too.

Damocles
08-15-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm thinking they might be getting backlash from fuedal business practices...

OrnotBitwise
08-15-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm thinking they might be getting backlash from fuedal business practices...
One can hope.

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Naah I doubt it, the same sheep elected bush again that shop at wally world.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey, you can feel good all you want shopping at other places, but I feel good coming home with more money than you do.

uscitizen
08-16-2006, 06:56 AM
In the rural area I live in most everyone shops at wally world. I steer all the money that is reasonable to locally owned businesses, but still get stuff at wally world.

klaatu
08-16-2006, 07:03 AM
The only problems I have with Wal-Mart is during the first week of the Month ... thats when I avoid it .. but you cant beat it for the basic stuff .... food items, personal items like soap,deoderants, medicines, health, car care, home and garden. Profit loss? Shoot ..they'll get over it ...

klaatu
08-16-2006, 07:05 AM
Naah I doubt it, the same sheep elected bush again that shop at wally world.

So ... I thought the Pubs are the party of the rich? The working class are the Wal-Mart shoppers .. so which is it USC?

uscitizen
08-16-2006, 07:12 AM
So ... I thought the Pubs are the party of the rich? The working class are the Wal-Mart shoppers .. so which is it USC?

Well duhhh you were obviously thinging wrong, there are not enough rich people to elect Bushy president. Working class supported him too. Especially rural working class for some reason, I guess less of them are on the dole than the city types.
Funny how none at the local hangouts will parise bushy like they used to and just say not much of anything on politics now though. Heck they used to call me traitor and such, I just grin at them now :cof1:
My old FIL is a bushman, living on SS but spupporting Bush, go figure.

klaatu
08-16-2006, 07:23 AM
Well duhhh you were obviously thinging wrong, there are not enough rich people to elect Bushy president. Working class supported him too. Especially rural working class for some reason, I guess less of them are on the dole than the city types.
Funny how none at the local hangouts will parise bushy like they used to and just say not much of anything on politics now though. Heck they used to call me traitor and such, I just grin at them now :cof1:
My old FIL is a bushman, living on SS but spupporting Bush, go figure.

Well .. you just contradicted your own stereotype from a previous post ... you tried to insinuate that Wal-Mart Shoppers are just some redneck trailor park white trash republican sheep ...
When in truth they are America's wroking class to the tee.. made up of people from all working class walks of life. There is nothing political about shopping at Wal-Mart.

uscitizen
08-16-2006, 07:28 AM
Well .. you just contradicted your own stereotype from a previous post ... you tried to insinuate that Wal-Mart Shoppers are just some redneck trailor park white trash republican sheep ...
When in truth they are America's wroking class to the tee.. made up of people from all working class walks of life. There is nothing political about shopping at Wal-Mart.

HUH, where did I say anything about trailer trash and wally world ? ???

You have me confused with a busheeple or something.
Of course some of them are republican sheeple though :)

klaatu
08-16-2006, 07:35 AM
HUH, where did I say anything about trailer trash and wally world ? ???

You have me confused with a busheeple or something.
Of course some of them are republican sheeple though :)

C'mon USC... you said "Naah I doubt it, the same sheep elected bush again that shop at wally world."
Coming from a Dem.. we know exactly what you meant ... :readit:

uscitizen
08-16-2006, 07:43 AM
You are trying to pigeonhole me as a typical demoncrat. A mistake Klaatu.