Damocles
07-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Just testing...

:pke:

:cof1:

Immanuel
07-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Damo,

You look like you need to eat something. You're nothing but skin and bones. Err, I take it back, you're nothing but bones.

Immie

Damocles
07-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Damo,

You look like you need to eat something. You're nothing but skin and bones. Err, I take it back, you're nothing but bones.

Immie

LOL. Welcome, Imms! Whatya think?

Beefy
07-22-2006, 08:52 PM
This rules. I hope we get the gang over here. Anyhow, it says we have 30 members already! That's awesome. How do we get SR over here? :eek:

I'll email Dixie and Dano.

Damocles
07-22-2006, 10:20 PM
This rules. I hope we get the gang over here. Anyhow, it says we have 30 members already! That's awesome. How do we get SR over here? :eek:

You have both their e-mail? Cool.. I hope they join!

Damocles
07-22-2006, 10:26 PM

LOL. That's 30 Posts, 6 members... We'll get there, but I don't think it will be quite that quick!

Beefy
07-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Why isn't cypress on the memberlist then?

Damocles
07-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Why isn't cypress on the memberlist then?

I don't think he has e-mail verified his new login yet...

maineman
07-23-2006, 10:12 AM
I have not gotten my email yet either...

but it is good to be here.

Damocles
07-23-2006, 10:14 AM
I have not gotten my email yet either...

but it is good to be here.

Yeah, I don't know what was up with that. I have fixed it so that many people won't have that problem. Whomever I knew I just moved on up to Registered as well...

honorknght
07-23-2006, 10:13 PM
LOL. That's 30 Posts, 6 members... We'll get there, but I don't think it will be quite that quick!

It takes time for people to get comfortable to come over, give it some time, hell SR even advertised :clink:

Damocles
07-23-2006, 10:16 PM
It takes time for people to get comfortable to come over, give it some time, hell SR even advertised :clink:

Cool.. I'll have to thank him. I still use his site too...

honorknght
07-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Cool.. I'll have to thank him. I still use his site too...

well it was more of a begrudging advertisement, as far as I can see... starts off really nice but you can read a hint of arrogance at the end, hehe I'll probably get banned for even mentioning it :cool:

Damocles
07-23-2006, 10:31 PM
well it was more of a begrudging advertisement, as far as I can see... starts off really nice but you can read a hint of arrogance at the end, hehe I'll probably get banned for even mentioning it :cool:

So far I think Grind is the only person I know that say that they have been banished from there...

I'm not banned and I didn't create this site to get back at SR. I have been wanting to for a while.

My idea is to create three intertwined sites. This one... One that has a different level of political discourse.. an "Above" politics where we talk on the level above just what we believe and get into the strategic level all the time.. And another "below"... That will have everybody just being partisan hacks and trolls.

What'ya think?

I think most of SR's problems came in trying to fix what wasn't broken...

honorknght
07-23-2006, 10:51 PM
My idea is to create three intertwined sites. This one... One that has a different level of political discourse.. an "Above" politics where we talk on the level above just what we believe and get into the strategic level all the time.. And another "below"... That will have everybody just being partisan hacks and trolls.

What'ya think?

I think most of SR's problems came in trying to fix what wasn't broken...
definately agree with the last comment, though I think SR has something else going on that he's not telling us. I think he honestly needs a vacation, but I think he's pressed for time for one reason or another.

I definately like your idea, though it will be hard to implement, kind of like getting rob to post in the off topic section, just think about trying to get someone like desh to post in the troll section ;-)

but I do like the strategic section, but again hard to keep that section just to people talking political strategies like "starving the beast" etc etc.

SR_
07-23-2006, 10:57 PM

better get clearance from Dixie and Grind first, you afterall dont own them, haha. Both most likely will feel like they are "entitled" to be trolls in the "above" level.

As for my "problem", lol, some people see things as a problem, others see it as a blessing.

SR

Damocles
07-23-2006, 10:59 PM
It might take heavy moderation... It's only an idea so far. Let's see if I can get this one going first...

I need to get a good header... Man, I'm no artist! At least not a graphic artist...

honorknght
07-23-2006, 11:06 PM
well after thinking about it a bit, this site might be able to do it, actually sr's could too, and with a bit less moderation than you think.

The thing is with this site you have it open already to handle it, its just a matter of advertising to each individual correctly.

Like if the "3 sites" are in one, and you want less moderation, just have the 3 different sections that people can browse through. If you wanted more moderation, then you could have some kind of "games" to decide special access to different area's of the site.

I should probably post that in the suggestions section though ;-) just a thought, this site seems pretty cool, and is setup like a few bbs' that I've frequented in the past, so its pretty comfortable, but might be a bit less so for those used to only 3 options, and used to just hanging out on one.

honorknght
07-23-2006, 11:09 PM
better get clearance from Dixie and Grind first, you afterall dont own them, haha. Both most likely will feel like they are "entitled" to be trolls in the "above" level.

As for my "problem", lol, some people see things as a problem, others see it as a blessing.

SR
Join me for a beer SR :clink:

Damocles
07-23-2006, 11:11 PM

SR

True.. I find it an interesting experiment in micropolitics... I think it is an interesting and unique if difficult to implement idea...