PDA

View Full Version : Draft Gore movement heating up

klaatu
08-15-2006, 08:23 AM
http://www.draftgore2008.org/

Back in 1988 when I was a Reagan Democrat I supported Al Gore for President. Now if anyone remembers back then, Al Gore was a very young Centered Senator from Tennessee and one of the first of his kind.. a technocrat. I remember his speech at the Convention (when the Dems screwed up with that Greek Gov. from Mass.) and when he talked of this vision he had where young people in School rooms will be able to communicate with students from all over the world "via" a computer... yes I remember that well, he then turned the page and talked about the environment and alternative fuels ... and yes I remember that well too. I admired Gore back then, I liked him quite a bit. There were Democrats I liked a lot back then... Gary Hart, Jerry Brown, Sam Nunn. In 1988 Gore had the backing of Mayor Ed Koch … and I always liked Ed Koch because he was such a renegade.

In 1992 when Bill Clinton selected Al Gore as his running mate I was thrilled and it solidified my decision to vote for the slick meister. By the time 2000 rolled around Gore had me tuned out. He was not the same guy that he was 10 years earlier. He seemed odd.. he wasn’t running from the heart.. he was running away from the center. I am convinced that Al Gores handlers prevented him from land sliding in 2000. If Al Gore campaigned from the Heart, it would have been no contest.

Im back to liking Al Gore quite a bit. I now see a man with bucket loads of confidence. A man that is entitled to give us people the ‘ol proverbial “I told you so”. I like Al Gore enough to jump on the Draft Gore for 2008 band wagon. Although I am aware of Climatic Change and I don’t totally agree with his reasoning, I admire him for his commitment, and I believe having a President with this much commitment to a cause will expedite the need to change over to alternative forms of energy. I share in Al Gores vision that a total shift in the way we use energy will generate a Technological boom.
And of course by following his plan our planet will greatly benefit.
I believe Al Gore to be the right man at the right time in terms of Global Affairs. I think an Al Gore Presidency will aid in the arena of healing. But Im also aware of Al Gores record as a Senator and Congressman in the Armed Forces Committee .. it is spotted to be sure… but I believe Al Gore the type to walk softly and carry the big stick.

If I were to compare a potential Al Gore Presidency to that of a President from the past … I think Teddy Roosevelt may be the bench mark.

Cypress
08-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Klatuu:

I wish he'd run - he's the best president we never had.

But, I'm pretty sure he won't. He likes what he's doing now with environmental activism, and the dude is simply worn out running for higher office: He's run for prez and vice prez FOUR times in his life. That takes a huge toll on any man, and he's admitted he's pretty much had his fill of it.

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 08:31 AM
What would happen if Gore did not run but got enough write in votes to win ?

klaatu
08-15-2006, 08:35 AM
To answer both of you .. I think A draft Gore movement is the way to go ... and I beleive Al Gore will answer the call if its loud enough. The task is to make it loud enough so that he will hear.

Cypress
08-15-2006, 08:39 AM
To answer both of you .. I think A draft Gore movement is the way to go ... and I beleive Al Gore will answer the call if its loud enough. The task is to make it loud enough so that he will hear.

I hope you're right. I've always liked Gore. Going back to before 1992. I actually liked Gore better than slick willie.

Damocles
08-15-2006, 08:43 AM
I've stated it many times. I think he's a great candidate for your side and historical precedent pretty much is on his side as well.

Cypress
08-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Klatuu:

the reason I think this is futile, has a lot to do with Gore's character.

The dude has always been about the future: He was "Mr. Internet" in congress in the 1980s when most congressmen were clueless about it, and he was Mr. Global warming and Mr. Alternative Energy way before those became popular topics. His character is about the future, not the past.

I think Gore would rightly see his nomination based on "nostalgia", and based on an electoral effort to "fix" a bad decision made by voters and the supreme court in 2000. The perception of "Fixing" past errors, or "righting" previous wrongs, is not what Gore is about.

evince
08-15-2006, 08:52 AM
I would vote Gore ,Im not sure he would run though.

klaatu
08-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Klatuu:

the reason I think this is futile, has a lot to do with Gore's character.

The dude has always been about the future: He was "Mr. Internet" in congress in the 1980s when most congressmen were clueless about it, and he was Mr. Global warming and Mr. Alternative Energy way before those became popular topics. His character is about the future, not the past.

I think Gore would rightly see his nomination based on "nostalgia", and based on an electoral effort to "fix" a bad decision made by voters and the supreme court in 2000. The perception of "Fixing" past errors, or "righting" previous wrongs, is not what Gore is about.

I hear you ... but I think Gore is a Patriot as well. If he hears his Country calling him he will serve as he did in Viet Nam.
Gore can do a hell of alot more to aid in his mission for the future as President then he can as a private citizen.

zoombwaz
08-15-2006, 05:03 PM

i'm with you. Gore has indicatd he is not interested in running, but has not cast his disinterest in the "if nominated, I will not run. If elected I will not serve" mold, so I think you're right: if given enough impetus by the voters, he will run, but there will have to be serious grassroots support. I don't think the party leadership has the ability to convince him to run. He is going to need a clear mandate from the voters before he'll run through that particular gantlet again. Once bitten, twice shy, and all that.

zoombwaz
08-15-2006, 05:06 PM
I hear you ... but I think Gore is a Patriot as well. If he hears his Country calling him he will serve as he did in Viet Nam.
Gore can do a hell of alot more to aid in his mission for the future as President then he can as a private citizen.

Well said.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 06:03 PM

Holy moly, no wonder this board is so full of shitbricks!

"If he hears his country calling him" lol, that's hilarious!

This shitbrick could'nt beat Bush, so you have the wig wearing Kerry try, C'mon, you shitbricks gotta do better!

zoombwaz
08-15-2006, 06:20 PM

This shitbrick could'nt beat Bush, so you have the wig wearing Kerry try, C'mon, you shitbricks gotta do better!

He did beat Bush, you moron. The newpaper consortium recount of all the Florida ballots showed Gore took Florida and won the election. The results were to be announced in mid September 2001, but they decided to sit on them after 9/11.

Shitbricks? What the hell does rhat mean? At least we don't have shit for brains, which is obviously your problem.

You're dumber than a bag of hammers.

Sir Evil
08-15-2006, 06:25 PM
He did beat Bush, you moron. The newpaper consortium recount of all the Florida ballots showed Gore took Florida and won the election. The results were to be announced in mid September 2001, but they decided to sit on them after 9/11.

lol, another vote fixing conspircay theorist. how come he is not the president then shitbrick?

Shitbricks? What the hell does rhat mean?

"rhat" who the hell are you, scooby doo?
it's just my word of choice for the day!

At least we don't have shit for brains, which is obviously your problem.

You're dumber than a bag of hammers.

lol, the great gore goes to saudi arabia badmouthing the US and the atrocities it commited towards arabs after 911, and you want him for a president...Oh, and I am dumb as a bag of hammers?.......lol, whata shitbrick!

FUCK THE POLICE
08-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Klatuu:

I wish he'd run - he's the best president we never had.

But, I'm pretty sure he won't. He likes what he's doing now with environmental activism, and the dude is simply worn out running for higher office: He's run for prez and vice prez FOUR times in his life. That takes a huge toll on any man, and he's admitted he's pretty much had his fill of it.

We'd already have gays in the military if Goldwater had been elected, biatch!

klaatu
08-17-2006, 07:49 AM

Why dont you try making some sense ... you come on this board with cyber beer muscles and make a complete fool of yourself. What a twit ...

He did beat Bush in the popular vote ...that much is for sure ..
As I said earlier ...his main problem was his handlers ... they should have not written off or taken Tennessee for granted... that was a huge mistake!

Gore is a much more focused man ... if he heeds the call of his supporters ..he will be the next President .. mark my words .... it will be Gore/Warner in 2008 ....

Sir Evil
08-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Why dont you try making some sense ... you come on this board with cyber beer muscles and make a complete fool of yourself. What a twit ...

He did beat Bush in the popular vote ...that much is for sure ..
As I said earlier ...his main problem was his handlers ... they should have not written off or taken Tennessee for granted... that was a huge mistake!

Gore is a much more focused man ... if he heeds the call of his supporters ..he will be the next President .. mark my words .... it will be Gore/Warner in 2008 ....

Again, tell me why he doe's not nor ever have taken office?

Maybe you just need to call a little louder for him to come out of his shell, "Hey Al, we Americans need ya" lol, that's funny as hell!

Ahhh, nothing to say about his Saudi trip?

maineman
08-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Bush won the 2000 election. the vote was 5 to 4.

and you harp on GORE'S saudi trip and say nothing of the extensive Bush family connections?? LOL

Annie
08-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Bush won the 2000 election. the vote was 5 to 4.

and you harp on GORE'S saudi trip and say nothing of the extensive Bush family connections?? LOL

and you read the USA Today, NY Times, WaPo recounts? They are all right wing shills?

klaatu
08-18-2006, 04:58 AM
Again, tell me why he doe's not nor ever have taken office?

Maybe you just need to call a little louder for him to come out of his shell, "Hey Al, we Americans need ya" lol, that's funny as hell!

It wouldnt be the first time! The guy is stating that he has no intentions of running .. if his Party calls out and says Al..we want you to run ... Im saying if it is loud enough he will run.. its in his blood.

You said ... "Again, tell me why he doe's not nor ever have taken office?"

Im not sure what you mean by this ... but he has one of the most successful Congressional and Senate records ..winning reelections with an unbelievable 95% of the vote! He was a two term VP ... and he won the popular vote against Bush ..what are you talking about Sir?

klaatu
08-18-2006, 05:09 AM

What about it? So Gore told the Saudi's that most Americans do not support abusing War Criminals ... i.e. .. Abu Ghraib .. so what!

And Bush kept talking about eating Pig at Pres Conference with the German Chancellor Angela Merkel ...

Sir Evil
08-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Im not sure what you mean by this ... but he has one of the most successful Congressional and Senate records ..winning reelections with an unbelievable 95% of the vote! He was a two term VP ... and he won the popular vote against Bush ..what are you talking about Sir?

You seem convinced that Gore won the election, I ask why he never took office then? was it just yet another conspiracy?

Sir Evil
08-18-2006, 10:32 AM
What about it? So Gore told the Saudi's that most Americans do not support abusing War Criminals ... i.e. .. Abu Ghraib .. so what!

And Bush kept talking about eating Pig at Pres Conference with the German Chancellor Angela Merkel ...

Yeah, the poor abused guys had it so bad.... that one is really old!:rolleyes:

Sir Evil
08-18-2006, 10:34 AM

I harped on it? what was it mentioned twice? You mean you will now harp on it and try to turn it around.

So tell me about the Bush family connection oh coon boy, tell me what ya know.

maineman
08-18-2006, 10:35 AM
You seem convinced that Gore won the election, I ask why he never took office then? was it just yet another conspiracy?

Gore lost the election.... 5 to 4

he won the popular vote

Sir Evil
08-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Gore lost the election.... 5 to 4

he won the popular vote

Gore sucks, he is not going to run again, and if he does he will be defeated! he is not a good candidate for you shitbricks......:cof1: