PDA

View Full Version : White Players in the NBA

cawacko
05-21-2007, 05:30 PM
I was trying to think the other day who the best American born white player is in the NBA? Nash and Dirk have the last three MVP's but they were both foreign born.

I follow the NBA but when someone asked me this question recently I was stumped. Any thoughts?

Cancel7
05-21-2007, 05:34 PM
I was trying to think the other day who the best American born white player is in the NBA? Nash and Dirk have the last three MVP's but they were both foreign born.

I follow the NBA but when someone asked me this question recently I was stumped. Any thoughts?

What's the matter Cawacko, are you afraid to posit this question on the other board because it might send Prak on a three-day rampage?

;)

cawacko
05-21-2007, 05:51 PM
What's the matter Cawacko, are you afraid to posit this question on the other board because it might send Prak on a three-day rampage?

;)

LOL!!! That would be worth the price of admission! :)

I didn't know he was a basketball fan. It seems like there are some sports fans in this group so I thought someone here might know.

Pretty much guarantee it would be one of those 100 posts threads we know so well where two, maybe three posts would be on-topic and the other 97 calling each other names. Not worth it.

Cancel7
05-21-2007, 06:29 PM
LOL!!! That would be worth the price of admission! :)

I didn't know he was a basketball fan. It seems like there are some sports fans in this group so I thought someone here might know.

Pretty much guarantee it would be one of those 100 posts threads we know so well where two, maybe three posts would be on-topic and the other 97 calling each other names. Not worth it.

LOL, yeah, that's why I don't post there anymore.

But I miss those cutting exchanges between you and him, they cracked me up.

Cypress
05-21-2007, 06:29 PM

I can't even name anyone in the NBA outside of Shaq, and Kobe. Can't help ya cawacko! Sorry!

cawacko
05-21-2007, 06:55 PM
LOL, yeah, that's why I don't post there anymore.

But I miss those cutting exchanges between you and him, they cracked me up.

He hasn't changed much. My favorite is when he asks a) if I can read and then b) how did I go to college not being able to read. He can be pretty funny.

Damocles
05-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Dan Issle, but he isn't that "current".

So, how about Dan Majele? He is rocking awesome.

Cypress
05-22-2007, 09:08 AM

Issel. No Issle.

I remember his from my childhood day, when I was really into sports. He was great. A fat, white guy who couldn't jump, but was still a premier NBA center ;)

Damocles
05-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Issel the Missile... I watched many a game with him stealing the show. Many of the big guys can't jump.

cawacko
05-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Come on Prak. Come join us on this board. I'm sure the locals will love your race baiting sense of humor. Bring your friends.

Cancel7
05-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Come on Prak. Come join us on this board. I'm sure the locals will love your race baiting sense of humor. Bring your friends.

?

cawacko
05-22-2007, 02:56 PM
?

He linked my question here to the other board then tried to call me out basically on the racial issue. I figure either you gave him the link or he comes here and reads the posts.

Cancel7
05-22-2007, 03:01 PM
He linked my question here to the other board then tried to call me out basically on the racial issue. I figure either you gave him the link or he comes here and reads the posts.

I see.

Well darlin, here is some news for you ok? Simply everybody who is anybody from that other board reads the posts here. Some of them have posted verbatim posts I've made here, over there, or so I have been told. I don't read that board to save myself the aggravagtion, but of course, from time to time I do hear about it a little.

Nobody needs me to give them anything, ok?

My Goodness you and he can still get each other's blood shooting through the roof I see!

Cancel7
05-22-2007, 03:03 PM
LOL. I hope he does come here and you two hash it out, I told you I think it's funny.

what I hope doesn't happen is that a certain maniac going by the initials of SJJ comes moseying over here! Geez, why did he link it and not just say it here anyway?

You know Cawacko? Men are pains in the ass.

cawacko
05-22-2007, 03:05 PM
I see.

Well darlin, here is some news for you ok? Simply everybody who is anybody from that other board reads the posts here. Some of them have posted verbatim posts I've made here, over there, or so I have been told. I don't read that board to save myself the aggravagtion, but of course, from time to time I do hear about it a little.

Nobody needs me to give them anything, ok?

My Goodness you and he can still get each other's blood shooting through the roof I see!

Ohhh, I didn't realize people from there read things from here. My bad. And yeah, the love/hate relationship continues.

Cancel7
05-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Ohhh, I didn't realize people from there read things from here. My bad. And yeah, the love/hate relationship continues.

Well, they don't actually post here. Prak used to, but he didn't like the format. The others just spy...you know I am a celebrity of sorts!

Don't worry about it, I am totally cracking up because of how steamed he got you. You should try dating him!

Thorn
05-23-2007, 11:01 AM

Uh, Damo, Dan Majerle retired about 10 years ago. He's just a few years behind Larry Bird, and Bird is beginning to look kind of old! I saw him briefly last night during the special for the NBA draft before the Spurs game.

Damocles
05-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Uh, Damo, Dan Majerle retired about 10 years ago. He's just a few years behind Larry Bird, and Bird is beginning to look kind of old! I saw him briefly last night during the special for the NBA draft before the Spurs game.
I know, but it was more "current" than Issel. He retired in the 80s and became coach for a bit.