PDA

View Full Version : Everything Unread?

OrnotBitwise
08-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Wha' hoppen? Every ding-dang thread on the whole site showed Unread posts this morning. Kind of disconcerting. To say nothing of annoying.

:eek:

Damocles
08-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Wha' hoppen? Every ding-dang thread on the whole site showed Unread posts this morning. Kind of disconcerting. To say nothing of annoying.

:eek:
It was because I changed the way the database was working, rather than using cookies it is in the database now and gives a more accurate count. This made it so the Unread Posts count works...

Brent
08-14-2006, 12:58 PM
He needs to change the 'Thread/Forum Read Marking Type' setting to 'Database (automatic forum marking).' That will likely fix the problem.

Damocles
08-14-2006, 01:01 PM
It's already set that way. What happened, I'll state again, is I changed it over from timeout/cookies to database and it needed to remark... That is all there, Brent. I had to change it over to the Database marking so that it would be able to count them for the Unread Posts in the Welcome Box.

OrnotBitwise
08-14-2006, 01:10 PM
It's already set that way. What happened, I'll state again, is I changed it over from timeout/cookies to database and it needed to remark... That is all there, Brent. I had to change it over to the Database marking so that it would be able to count them for the Unread Posts in the Welcome Box.
Ah! That does explain it. Thanks.