PDA

View Full Version : Bushisms

klaatu
08-14-2006, 11:46 AM
You know I googled this and found some pretty funny stuff .. but I then had to stop and think for a minute ... and asked of myself ..this question; This is the guy that the Dems couldnt beat?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Bushisms&btnG=Search

When I surf around and read all the bitchin and moanin, evil conspiracy this and stupid is that ... oil and sercretive this and monkey ass that.
I wonder, how is it that this guy who is supposed to be such a dumb ass... gotten as far as he has?

Hey ...I'll be the first to admit .. , I did vote for the guy .. total mistake the first time and lack of an alternative the second time around ...
regardless ... either Bush is the most corrupt yet brilliant American Politician ... or America has become a Nation of poltical apathy .. thus his rise to power ...

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 11:49 AM
either Bush is the most corrupt yet brilliant American Politician ... or America has become a Nation of poltical apathy .. thus his rise to power ...

//

A bit of both I do believe.

maineman
08-14-2006, 12:04 PM
more the latter than the former

LadyT
08-14-2006, 12:18 PM
I think a good portion of America has become intellectually lazy, heavily reliant on news snippets and one-liner zingers rather than facts. I don't think Bush is brilliant or even moderatetly intelligent. As a matter of fact I stand my assertion that he's barely one step above clinically retarded, perhaps a brilliant monkey at best- but I digress.

republicans in general have become brilliant at spinning and insinuating what they want people to believe is truth. The republican marketing machine is brilliant - not Bush. There was more than enough evidence in 2000 that gave us a prelude to Bush's proclivity to failure and then there were the 4 years of failures he had to stand on in 2004 . Despite all of this he was elected in 04, why? not because Kerry was so bad, but because the spin-meisters were so good.

Care4all
08-14-2006, 12:18 PM
You know I googled this and found some pretty funny stuff .. but I then had to stop and think for a minute ...and asked of myself this question, this is the guy that the Dems couldnt beat?

Whe I surf around and read all the bitchin and moanin, evil conspiracy this and stupid is that ... oil and sercretive this and monkey ass that.
I wonder, how is it that this guy who is supposed to be such a dumb ass... gotten as far as he has?

Hey I'll be the first to admit .. I did vote for the guy .. total mistake the first time and lack of an alternative the second time around ...
regardless ... either Bush is the most corrupt yet brilliant American Politician ... or America has become a Nation of poltical apathy .. thus his rise to power ...

He's being "held up"....

And the better question is how could people continue to support him as the leader of the world after the first 4 years of Bushisms? ;):clink: :clink:

LadyT
08-14-2006, 12:22 PM
He's being "held up"....

And the better question is how could people continue to support him as the leader of the world after the first 4 years of Bushisms? ;):clink: :clink:

they are intellectually lazy.

OrnotBitwise
08-14-2006, 12:24 PM
they are intellectually lazy.
Now, now: be nice. Some of them could just be intellectually disabled, you know.

LadyT
08-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Now, now: be nice. Some of them could just be intellectually disabled, you know.

God help us and our gene pool if that is true.

Immanuel
08-14-2006, 01:29 PM

Now, now be nice. Oh wait, your a lib that is an absolute impossibility. :pke:

Immie

LadyT
08-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Now, now be nice. Oh wait, your a lib that is an absolute impossibility. :pke:

Immie

We may not be nice, but at least we didn't vote for the devil himself :burn:

Immanuel
08-14-2006, 01:36 PM
We may not be nice, but at least we didn't vote for the devil himself :burn:

Got me.

Well, maybe not the devil himself, but a minion might be a good way of describing him.

:(

Sorry, but if you guys had offered someone halfway decent... oh wait, we are talking about politicians. There is no such thing as a halfway decent politician. Hmmm, where do I go from here?

Immie

OrnotBitwise
08-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Got me.

Well, maybe not the devil himself, but a minion might be a good way of describing him.

:(

Sorry, but if you guys had offered someone halfway decent... oh wait, we are talking about politicians. There is no such thing as a halfway decent politician. Hmmm, where do I go from here?

Immie
LOL! When I read "minion" I immediately thought of one of those half-headed soldier demons from Constantine. That would explain the Bushisms, certainly.

LadyT
08-14-2006, 01:44 PM
LOL! When I read "minion" I immediately thought of one of those half-headed soldier demons from .....

Actually Reginald Bush, George W's 2nd cousin, played one of those in the movie.

True story: if you play the DVD backwards in the 17th chapter, you can see George Bush in a T-shirt that says, "I stole both elections"

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 01:52 PM
The repubs have become masters at convincing people that the democrats are far worse than the republicans are. They however have much more trouble selling their ideas to the people than the demoncrats do.

klaatu
08-14-2006, 03:13 PM
I think a good portion of America has become intellectually lazy, heavily reliant on news snippets and one-liner zingers rather than facts. I don't think Bush is brilliant or even moderatetly intelligent. As a matter of fact I stand my assertion that he's barely one step above clinically retarded, perhaps a brilliant monkey at best- but I digress.

republicans in general have become brilliant at spinning and insinuating what they want people to believe is truth. The republican marketing machine is brilliant - not Bush. There was more than enough evidence in 2000 that gave us a prelude to Bush's proclivity to failure and then there were the 4 years of failures he had to stand on in 2004 . Despite all of this he was elected in 04, why? not because Kerry was so bad, but because the spin-meisters were so good.

You had my respect up unitl you said .... "not because Kerry was so bad " now you talk about being intellectually lazy? ROFLMAO!!!

klaatu
08-14-2006, 03:16 PM
He's being "held up"....

And the better question is how could people continue to support him as the leader of the world after the first 4 years of Bushisms?

Because the alternative was Kerryisms .. :eek: :cool:

FUCK THE POLICE
08-14-2006, 03:18 PM
You know I googled this and found some pretty funny stuff .. but I then had to stop and think for a minute ...and asked of myself this question, this is the guy that the Dems couldnt beat?

Whe I surf around and read all the bitchin and moanin, evil conspiracy this and stupid is that ... oil and sercretive this and monkey ass that.

Hey I'll be the first to admit .. I did vote for the guy .. total mistake the first time and lack of an alternative the second time around ...

Al Gore did beat Bush. It's just that, whenever the winner-take all system was finished mutilating the vote it came out with Bush.

klaatu
08-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Al Gore did beat Bush. It's just that, whenever the winner-take all system was finished mutilating the vote it came out with Bush.

Yeah he did in the popular vote .. but Al Gore lost not because of Florida.. but because he screwd up his own state of Tennessee .... if he had won Tennessee we wouldnt be talking about GW today ..

Immanuel
08-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah he did in the popular vote .. but Al Gore lost not because of Florida.. but because he screwd up his own state of Tennessee .... if he had won Tennessee we wouldnt be talking about GW today ..

No, and we on the right could be joyfully proclaiming that Kerry was a retarded liar and all the other hateful things that have been said about our current President. Hell, I would probably still be a Republican. I'd probably be beating up Kerry for every little thing he did and claiming everything was better when Bush was President. Hmm, just like our Democrat friends are doing today.

Thank God those days are over. Thank God Bush won and I can see that he is just as f'd up as Kerry and Kennedy and the whole doggone bunch of them. Thank God for answered prayers even though I knew not what I asked.

Immie

zoombwaz
08-14-2006, 10:58 PM
You know I googled this and found some pretty funny stuff .. but I then had to stop and think for a minute ... and asked of myself ..this question; This is the guy that the Dems couldnt beat?

When I surf around and read all the bitchin and moanin, evil conspiracy this and stupid is that ... oil and sercretive this and monkey ass that.

Hey ...I'll be the first to admit .. , I did vote for the guy .. total mistake the first time and lack of an alternative the second time around ...

Bush is no brilliant politician. For one thing, lying and malicious smear campaigns are not brilliant politics, and for another, Bush is only an arrogant, corrupt, incompetent puppet with delusions of grandeur. Karl Rove is the puppet master. Bush has gotten where he is because his father and his father's friends keep bailing him out. Not to mention two stolen presidential elections.

zoombwaz
08-14-2006, 11:10 PM

Gore won Florida. When the newspaperconsortium finished its recount of the Florida ballots, Gore won, no matter what standard was used with regard to the chads. All those "spontaneous" protests to stop the recount were GOP congressional staffers, flown down to Florida and being paid not only their salaries, but a travel per diem as well, with public funds.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-14-2006, 11:20 PM

He had little chance of winning Tennessee. Anyway, GW didn't win because he picked up more small states. In fact, if you went and checked and directly weighted each persons vote in each state to that states amount of electors in the electoral college, Al Gore would still be the winner. The extra weight guranteed to small states shouldn't tip the scales. What happened, however, was that George Bush got a few thousand votes in big-state Florida, so he won. Kind of a perverted result, in my opinion.

klaatu
08-15-2006, 05:30 AM
Gore won Florida. When the newspaperconsortium finished its recount of the Florida ballots, Gore won, no matter what standard was used with regard to the chads. All those "spontaneous" protests to stop the recount were GOP congressional staffers, flown down to Florida and being paid not only their salaries, but a travel per diem as well, with public funds.

We can debate about Florida forever ... my point was (and this will answer Watermark as well) had Gore spent more time in Tennessee and won the state as he should have... (well liked as a House Member and Senator)Florida would be an after thought today.

This is how popular Gore was in Tennesee; 24 years ago in his first run for Congress, Gore won an overwhelming 94 percent of the vote. His dominance was such that he ran unopposed for his next two House terms. And when he ran for his second term in the Senate in 2000, Gore became the first statewide candidate in Tennessee's history to take all 95 counties! Why did he lose Tennessee? Some say it was because he changed his stance on Gun Control and abortion, but I think it was because he spent very little time campaigning in Tennessee... blame his handlers for that one.
I read where Gore was devesated that he lost his Home state.. more so than anything else.

Immanuel
08-15-2006, 06:35 AM

Since when does a Newspaper Consortium have any legal say in who wins or loses an election? The last I heard they were not independent nor were they elected official charged with the determination of who wins or loses an election. Have we given this power to the news media without me knowing it?

Immie

LadyT
08-15-2006, 06:48 AM
You had my respect up unitl you said .... "not because Kerry was so bad " now you talk about being intellectually lazy? ROFLMAO!!!

Kerry was not the only other person running, yet you and your bretheren felt as though you HAD to vote for Bush in order to keep him out of office. He didn't really run on his success or lack there of, he and his spinmeisters had you fearing Kerry. Had you collectively stood back and realized Bush was not your only other alternative, perhaps we'd have someone competent or at least not as incompetant as Bush in office.

klaatu
08-15-2006, 07:21 AM
Kerry was not the only other person running, yet you and your bretheren felt as though you HAD to vote for Bush in order to keep him out of office. He didn't really run on his success or lack there of, he and his spinmeisters had you fearing Kerry. Had you collectively stood back and realized Bush was not your only other alternative, perhaps we'd have someone competent or at least not as incompetant as Bush in office.

No.. nobody's spinmeisters had me fearing Kerry..., I made the decision all on my own. I know well of Kerry and his background .. even before he ran for President. He is a lying schmuck, forever taking credit for other people work and idea's .. plain and simple. He is a douche bag! If Im going to vote bad over bad ... Im going to vote for the bad that is saying a few things that I beleive in.....
And you voted for Kerry why ... to vote against Bush? Dont be a hypocrite Lady T.

Immanuel
08-15-2006, 07:25 AM
"And you voted for Kerry why ... to vote against Bush? Dont be a hypocrite Lady T."

Bingo!

LadyT
08-15-2006, 07:39 AM
No.. nobody's spinmeisters had me fearing Kerry..., I made the decision all on my own. I know well of Kerry and his background .. even before he ran for President. He is a lying schmuck, forever taking credit for other people work and idea's .. plain and simple. He is a douche bag! If Im going to vote bad over bad ... Im going to vote for the bad that is saying a few things that I beleive in.....
And you voted for Kerry why ... to vote against Bush? Dont be a hypocrite Lady T.

Kerry was a good candidate and he did not preceed his candidacy with hoards of failures. It was quite evident Bush was not fit to hold that office in 2004, and despite that fact you still voted for him. BTW, thanks a lot that turned out real well for us. I'll admit that after the election, I did lose my affinity towards Kerry, but not because he is an incompetant boob like the guy you voted for.

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 07:39 AM
I voted for Kerry to vote against bush and darned proud of it.
Kerry sucked, but Bush is dangerous.

LadyT
08-15-2006, 07:42 AM
"And you voted for Kerry why ... to vote against Bush? Dont be a hypocrite Lady T."

Bingo!

Don't get me wrong, I was definitely an ABBer and I still think just about anyone would be more equipped to run the country than Bush. And I do mean just about anyone. But I voted for Kerry because he was a good candidate at the time and he is not the massive joke you cons like to pretend he was. You just tell yourselves that to make you feel a little less guilty for putting Bush into office.

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Lady T,
Yes there is still a lot of denial going on with the embaressed Bush supporters.
It is difficult for them to admit how badly they messed up.
Therefore it has to be someone elses fault.

Immanuel
08-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Lady T,
Yes there is still a lot of denial going on with the embaressed Bush supporters.
It is difficult for them to admit how badly they messed up.
Therefore it has to be someone elses fault.

That is right. It is all your fault. :)

Sounds good to me.

Immie

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 08:03 AM
:) Sure I can accept the blame :)

Guess I should have run for presuident to give you bush supporters a better choice ROFLMAO

Immanuel
08-15-2006, 08:17 AM
:) Sure I can accept the blame :)

Guess I should have run for presuident to give you bush supporters a better choice ROFLMAO

I think I would have voted for you. No, on second thought, I would not wish that job on my worst enemy so I would do you a favor and not vote for you... Brent! Want to be president? hehe j/k.

Immie

uscitizen
08-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Good point Immie, what honest sane person would want the job ?
Brent would fit right in :)