PDA

View Full Version : Career Change

Beefy
05-07-2007, 02:55 AM
I'm going to give up the Carnie thing, and become a particle physicist.

I was at the Conejo Valley Days last night, and after the 1100th person said to me "Hyuk! Can I get in that spa! Hyuk Hyuk", I said "Hyuk, why not!" and the motherfucker actually disrobed and jumped in my spa. At a fair, where carnies abound, this guy disrobed and jumped into my spa.

He got into my spa. Literally, a thousand people put their hands and personal filth into these things every day at the carnival, and home slice jumped into it. Kids pick their noses and clean up in it, I've had daipers floating in these things...

And then to top it all off, he didn't buy it. He simply jumped into a spa at the fair for fun.

I've had enough carnivals. I'm going back to college.

LadyT
05-07-2007, 06:37 AM
that was a really gross story. But it sounds like you need a change.

BTW, what does, "Hyuk" mean?

Damocles
05-07-2007, 06:47 AM
It's a 1930's way of writing cartoon "laughter"...

AnyOldIron
05-09-2007, 02:05 AM
Don't blame you Beefy. There can't be a massive amount of job satisfaction in selling tubs.

I started another degree last year, on the Open University (don't know if you have similar in the US) http://www.open.ac.uk/

My advice is to do a degree in what really interests you, rather than what will improve your career. You are going to be studying it for years.....

uscitizen
05-09-2007, 06:14 AM
Make a career of your interests, not an interest in your career. You will have a better life that way. And not just be a tool of "the machine".