PDA

View Full Version : 2 out of 5 Americans believe Muslims should carry special I.D.

BRUTALITOPS
08-13-2006, 12:35 PM
According to a new Gallup poll, 39% of Americans believe that the government should force Muslims to carry a special form of I.D.

Almost four in ten, 39%, advocate that Muslims here should carry special I.D. That same number admit that they do hold some “prejudice” against Muslims. Forty-four percent say their religious views are too “extreme.”

In every case, Americans who actually know any Muslims are more sympathethic.

http://jdallen.org/politics/2-out-of-5-americans-believe-muslims-should-carry-special-id/

Brent
08-13-2006, 12:40 PM
According to a new Gallup poll, 39% of Americans believe that the government should force Muslims to carry a special form of I.D.

Almost four in ten, 39%, advocate that Muslims here should carry special I.D. That same number admit that they do hold some “prejudice” against Muslims. Forty-four percent say their religious views are too “extreme.”

In every case, Americans who actually know any Muslims are more sympathethic.

http://jdallen.org/politics/2-out-of-5-americans-believe-muslims-should-carry-special-id/

That's hard to believe.

Well, I am OK with the idea of a National ID card, but it would be for everyone, not just for Muslims!

BRUTALITOPS
08-13-2006, 12:41 PM
exclaimation points aren't needed after every sentence!

Brent
08-13-2006, 12:52 PM
exclaimation points aren't needed after every sentence!

1 is "every"?

BRUTALITOPS
08-13-2006, 12:53 PM
yeah I wasn't implying that you've done it more than once or anything.

Brent
08-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Chill out, Grind. I use an exclamation mark at the end of perhaps 1 in 10 sentences. That's pretty conservative.

FUCK THE POLICE
08-13-2006, 06:34 PM
This is ridiculous. Even Brent doesn't agree!

Brent
08-13-2006, 07:39 PM
This is ridiculous. Even Brent doesn't agree!

Yes. Well, for the most part I believe people should be treated equally, regardless of religion.

HOWEVER, I do support racial profiling at airports. My justification for this is the same as how the FBI justified profiling Southerners when cracking down on militant KKK members. They didn't profile Northerners, because Northerners were far less likely to be KKK members. That would have been a waste of time and resources, and for what... political correctness? I don't want America destroyed in the name of political correctness. If we're going to be destroyed, I want to die fighting honorably, or by the hand of God. Get what I'm saying?

FUCK THE POLICE
08-13-2006, 08:50 PM
It's not ridiculous to put yourself on alert whenever a muslim looking person comes in with a thirty pounds of liquid, but if you only select muslims for checking then it's going to take all of 30 seconds for them to plant their explosives on some granny.

Brent
08-13-2006, 09:04 PM
It's not ridiculous to put yourself on alert whenever a muslim looking person comes in with a thirty pounds of liquid, but if you only select muslims for checking then it's going to take all of 30 seconds for them to plant their explosives on some granny.

I agree, but we should focus special attention on middle easterners.

It's common sense.

AnyOldIron
08-14-2006, 02:28 AM
2 out of 5 Americans are more than likely non-thinking morons...

Immanuel
08-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Wow that is crazy. The next thing we will require them to do is wear yellow crescents on their clothing.

Lord help us. Is this still America?

Immie

evince
08-14-2006, 08:41 AM
This one is very depressing

Care4all
08-14-2006, 08:43 AM
I think that all foreign students should abide by their visa's requirements.....they already are issued "green cards" or "visas", these should be followed closely...to make sure that they are abiding by the rules of their visa/greencards

But to blanketly require Muslims only to carry a specific id, even those american born is downright UNAMERICAN and WRONG.

care

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Muslims carry special ID cards ? And how are we to do that since we can't even keep track of or control our illegal immigration problems ?

LadyT
08-14-2006, 08:55 AM
Muslims carry special ID cards ? And how are we to do that since we can't even keep track of or control our illegal immigration problems ?

LOL, good point!

This is extremely scary though. More affirmations that I need to keep an eye out for affordable property abroad and keep one bag packed at all times.

uscitizen
08-14-2006, 09:07 AM
I find it interesting that the percentage of those supporting muslim ID's is about exactly the same percentage as die hard Bush supporters.

LadyT
08-14-2006, 11:53 AM
http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.ht

I think USC is onto something. If you take an average of his approval rating since Sept 05, you get 38.6 = or 39%.

Immanuel
08-14-2006, 12:06 PM
http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.ht

I think USC is onto something. If you take an average of his approval rating since Sept 05, you get 38.6 = or 39%.

And then there is the margin of error of +/- 3 points.

Immie

IHateGovernment
08-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Always remember that 50% of the population is below average intelligence.

OrnotBitwise
08-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Always remember that 50% of the population is below average intelligence.
Not necessarily. 50% of the population is below median intelligence. The low end is so very low, though, that I think it drags the average down.

;)