PDA

View Full Version : Rip

Beefy
04-30-2007, 05:37 PM
I hate funerals. The only woman my brother ever loved was laid to rest today. She died after spending 9 months in a coma due to a heroine overdose at the age of 29 years old.

Smart, pretty, kind. Drugs don't care who you are, if you're rich or poor, black or white. It affects every class, creed and color. It's just a damned shame that her life was cut so short, and that he lost his soul mate.

Addiction is an ugly demon that possesses its victims. She was not a criminal, but an addict. Due to the taboo associated with her cause of death, people who didn't know her can and will jump to conclusions that another junkie did herself in. But that's a heartless way of looking at it. She was a human being, people loved her, and she's dead at 29.

Rest in peace Alexes.

Cancel7
04-30-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Beefy. I figure we all do ourselves in, one way or the other, eventually, and I don't judge anyone like this. Sorry for your brother too.

uscitizen
04-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your familys loss Beefy.
Yes in spite of how the "right" wingers view all addicts all are not bad people.

evince
04-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Smart, pretty, kind.

And deserving of you brothers love.

A very short life 29 years is.

Im very sorry to hear of this pain your family and especially your brother will have to endure.

Im very sorry to hear this young woman got cheated of so many years.

Drugs are such thiefs, I hope all the people who read this remember that experimenting with these types of drugs is only shopping for the best one to destroy your life.

Damocles
04-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Another casualty in the "War on Drugs" that was likely unnecessary.

I am sorry for your family's loss, Beefs.

Beefy
04-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Another casualty in the "War on Drugs" that was likely unnecessary.

I am sorry for your family's loss, Beefs.

Thanks. Its incomprehensible to me.

Rip Alexes:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/mbl727/wwwwqw.jpg

FUCK THE POLICE
04-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Hmmmphh...

Weird looking at pictures of people dead alive like that.

One day a guy got the idea to hook an acetyl molecule onto a morphine molecule... it had worked so well making aspirin that he thought he couldn't fail. What came out was barely different from Morphine, the main difference being that whereas morphine took months to get you truly addicted, Heroine only took a few days.

Odd names for the drugs, eh? "Morphine", named after the god of dreams, and Heroin, a "heroine" against the war on pain.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Hmmmphh...

Weird looking at pictures of people dead alive like that.

One day a guy got the idea to hook an acetyl molecule onto a morphine molecule... it had worked so well making aspirin that he thought he couldn't fail. What came out was barely different from Morphine, the main difference being that whereas morphine took months to get you truly addicted, Heroine only took a few days.

Odd names for the drugs, eh? "Morphine", named after the god of dreams, and Heroin, a "heroine" against the war on pain.

Which reminds me:

"The goddess of dreams, she came to me. Now I have nothing."

Damocles
04-30-2007, 10:11 PM
I fixed your image for ya, Beefs.

Beefy
04-30-2007, 10:26 PM
I fixed your image for ya, Beefs.

Thanks pal.

Thorn
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm so sorry, Beefy. She looked like a truly nice, fun person.

WM, that's not quite accurate about morphine/heroin. I've done some work with it so know this background. Actually, morphine itself doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier. It is metabolized to heroin, which can cross the BBB and enter the brain. In the brain it is reverted by local enzymes to morphine and then has its effect.

For intracranial tests we never used heroin, only morphine; for systemic tests we used heroin. I'm not sure that heroin is available for research here in the US, but in Canada it is obtained from the federal government. (and it's so strictly regulated that you have to account for every single grain.)

LadyT
05-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully she can be inspiration to not do drugs.

evince
05-01-2007, 01:21 PM
She truely was a beautiful young woman.

Im very sorry her gifts to the world will be forever ended.