PDA

View Full Version : "If only Dems had nominated someone better than Kerry!"

Cypress
08-12-2006, 02:03 PM
In the past 12-18 months, this is a common buzz phrase I've heard from alleged former bush fans, who say they would have thrown bush out if only the Dems had nominated someone better than kerry.

Question for liberals and democrats: There were ten democrats in the Dem primaries, representing the whole range of the Democratic constituency, from full-blooded centrists/moderates, to liberal. Lieberman, Wes Clark, Bob Graham, and John Edwards were firmly within the conservative/moderate wing of the Dem party.

Yet, I never once heard a peep from any alleged former bush fan stating that they would have taken any of these guys over bush in 2004. Did you??

maineman
08-12-2006, 03:51 PM
of course not.... I heard several Bushies claim that a Clark nomination would have been tougher for Bush to defeat, but none of the Bush ass lickers on here or on the previous two sites EVER stated that they would have shifted allegiance if Clark (or any other Democrat running) had been the nominee in lieu of Kerry.

Damocles
08-12-2006, 04:06 PM
of course not.... I heard several Bushies claim that a Clark nomination would have been tougher for Bush to defeat, but none of the Bush ass lickers on here or on the previous two sites EVER stated that they would have shifted allegiance if Clark (or any other Democrat running) had been the nominee in lieu of Kerry.
I stated myriad times that Lieberman would have gotten my vote over Bush.

NOVA
08-12-2006, 05:31 PM

Kinda like Yellow Dog Republicans.....

maineman
08-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I am not ashamed to say that I have never voted for a republican. WHen the republican party platform contains more of my personal beliefs than the democratic party platform, I'll switch. That is not what this thread is about....it is about republicans nationally who are embarrassed by the pissant in the white house and are trying to say that they would have voted for a democrat over Bush if only we had chosen a better one.... and my point was, that was bullshit. He is your guy. and he sucks. deal with it. and try to somehow get the albatross known as dubya from around your necks.

Cypress
08-12-2006, 07:09 PM
I stated myriad times that Lieberman would have gotten my vote over Bush.

good for you damo. Lieberman would be a vast improvement over bush. I'm with you there.

I never heard any bush fan say that in 2004 though. Evidently, none of the ten democrats were as good as bush.

Damocles
08-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Actually, Jarod asked me many times who I would vote for over Bush when I stated that Kerry would absolutely not get my vote, I stated back then that Lieberman would have gotten my vote, even before their Primaries were done I stated such...

OrnotBitwise
08-12-2006, 11:29 PM
In the past 12-18 months, this is a common buzz phrase I've heard from alleged former bush fans, who say they would have thrown bush out if only the Dems had nominated someone better than kerry.

Question for liberals and democrats: There were ten democrats in the Dem primaries, representing the whole range of the Democratic constituency, from full-blooded centrists/moderates, to liberal. Lieberman, Wes Clark, Bob Graham, and John Edwards were firmly within the conservative/moderate wing of the Dem party.

Yet, I never once heard a peep from any alleged former bush fan stating that they would have taken any of these guys over bush in 2004. Did you??
I do think that some people who voted Bush in 2004 are salving their consciences by this excuse. "Oh, Kerry was such a weanie: if the Democrats has just nominated anyone else, we'd have had a choice." Yeah, right.

Frankly, while Kerry isn't exactly a saint, only a moron could choose Dubya over him. Unless, that is, the putative slightly-higher-than-moronic voter allowed himself or herself to be herded by the BushCo Project Chicken Little propaganda campaign.

OrnotBitwise
08-12-2006, 11:31 PM
good for you damo. Lieberman would be a vast improvement over bush. I'm with you there.

I never heard any bush fan say that in 2004 though. Evidently, none of the ten democrats were as good as bush.
Cypress, Koko the gorilla would be a vast improvement over Bush.