PDA

View Full Version : Terrorism... how to beat it.

Jarod
07-24-2006, 10:04 AM
This is simple but it appears the current administration and much of America does not understand.

Terrorism is a method of controling politics of a people by terrorising them. The simple solution is to not react in terror... in fear.

The population of a land mignt feel terror, might fear terrorists, you cant help that much... but dont react in fear.

One reason terrorism is so effective is that leaders of nations often will use fear to consolidate power.... thus the terrorists temporarly get the leaders of the land they are attacking to work with them. (Telling the people to be afraid, so they will support your political agenda, telling the people they might be in danger if they support the opponant)

The best way to defeat a terrorist is to react out of stringth not fear or terror. Dont go attack random nations in the name of fear. Dont let your leaders use the terror to push the people into something they would not have otherwise supported.

React to terrorism with stringth, go after the terrorists... then the best reaction after that is no reaction... the entire goal of a terrorist attack is to promote a reaction. A group that uses terrorism is a desperate group, if they are desperate it means the current state of affairs is working against them. Dont let them shake things up.

The proper responce to 9-11 was to go after Al Queda in Afganistan... go after the Taliban in Afganistan, beef up our internal security and react NO FURTHER...

Instead we declared war on the Islamic world, attacked a secular Iraq and have changed the field so that the terrorists have successfully manipulated our forign policy. The Terrorists got what they wanted out of America... they were smart. Why do you think they waited untill Bush was president to attack?

Damocles
07-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Why do you think they waited untill Bush was president to attack?

They didn't. They bombed the WTC when Clinton was in office, they bombed our Embassies when another was in office, they bombed our ships while another was in office...

I could go on but there is no real need.

Jarod
07-24-2006, 10:10 AM
They didn't. They bombed the WTC when Clinton was in office, they bombed our Embassies when another was in office, they bombed our ships while another was in office...

I could go on but there is no real need.

When President Clinton was in office did we react out of fear? Did we allow the terrorists to mainpulate our forign policy? Did we let them goat us into a fight we did not want or need? Did we give them a rally point like we have done with Iraq?

President Clinton's mistake was to not beef up security even more than he did. But remember the 9-11 of his administration was prevented.

The terrorists held onto the big guns till Bush was in office.

Damocles
07-24-2006, 10:15 AM
When President Clinton was in office did we react out of fear? Did we allow the terrorists to mainpulate our forign policy? Did we let them goat us into a fight we did not want or need? Did we give them a rally point like we have done with Iraq?

Um... What was that movie? Blackhawk Down... Yeah. That's the one. We cut and ran and gave them great propaganda material.

President Clinton's mistake was to not beef up security even more than he did. But remember the 9-11 of his administration was prevented.

The terrorists held onto the big guns till Bush was in office.
Clinton's 9/11 was prevented out of sheer luck of the draw. Random searches of vehicles caught them. Not new and great policy decisions. The terrorists used what they could when they did. They know if they just keep throwing people at it, once in a while they will get through.

Damocles
07-24-2006, 10:16 AM
BTW, I agree we shouldn't react in fear. I just disagree that they were waiting for Bush to take office. I think they would have attacked just the same if Gore were in there.

DigitalDave
07-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Its the same thing you do with a stalker. You ignore them. They want to see your reaction, just like a stalker needs to effect you emotionally to get his kicks.

Jarod
07-24-2006, 10:22 AM
BTW, I agree we shouldn't react in fear. I just disagree that they were waiting for Bush to take office. I think they would have attacked just the same if Gore were in there.

That was a small part of my point...

Jarod
07-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Its the same thing you do with a stalker. You ignore them. They want to see your reaction, just like a stalker needs to effect you emotionally to get his kicks.

You still get the restraining order, otherwise 100% no reaction..

You get my point Dave....! Its simple, why cant Bush figure it out?

Jarod
07-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Ignore em, its like the bully on the school yard... Whatever you are already doing it pissing him off so other than reasonable security and attacking enough to prevent future attacks.

The reason Bush and his idiot followers cant see this is because they are using the terrorist to further there own political agenda! They are feeding into the Terrorists!

KingRaw!
02-05-2008, 04:39 PM
The way to deal with terrorism is to nuke them.