PDA

View Full Version : Still some issues with the server upgrade...

Damocles
09-01-2011, 07:52 AM
We are working on the issues and will continue to update you. The new VPN migrated but without the database so at this time there may be data loss as two sites are semi-running at the same time.

cancel2 2022
09-01-2011, 07:56 AM
I have just got back in, looks good so far.

Damocles
09-01-2011, 08:30 AM
True, however what we post here today may not migrate to the new server as they may use a backup file to restore the database that is missing on the new server. This one is running on the old server, sorta.

PostmodernProphet
09-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I hate gettiing the messages that I am forbidden access.....always makes me wonder if I've been banned again......

Lowaicue
09-01-2011, 09:50 AM
True, however what we post here today may not migrate to the new server as they may use a backup file to restore the database that is missing on the new server. This one is running on the old server, sorta.

Bloody hell! More 'down time' than my VN mistress!!

Damocles
09-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Yah, it's getting me pissed...

I'll hold on to this until my account runs out then likely transfer to a VPN "cloud" server so there won't be the downtime. It depends on how much it costs.

Annie
09-01-2011, 06:49 PM
I hate gettiing the messages that I am forbidden access.....always makes me wonder if I've been banned again......

I've never been banned, but thought I was this morning! ;) Got the same 'forbidden access' message.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-02-2011, 11:48 AM

I don't think banning would look like that.

cancel2 2022
09-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I have only been able to login by using one of the links on Twitter.

Damocles
09-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Use the full url with /forum.php at the end. http://www.justplainpolitics.com/forum.php

this will get you in all the time. Set it as your shortcut.

Damocles
09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
The server guys changed my index.php so that it just shows that "upgrading server" message due to our excessive use of the CPU. I have a VPN working, but I need the name servers to register with my registrar so I can set the DNS and turn up the new server. Hopefully I can transfer this database at that time, and everything will be back to normal.

I'm sorry about the frustration, but once I get this done they'll stop mucking with the site like this because I won't be sharing resources. Hopefully the VPN I selected is strong enough to get it done.

Rune
09-02-2011, 01:47 PM
I just got on and , and it was by clicking an old link in the history.

Damocles
09-02-2011, 06:20 PM
There, I've stripped the site of database heavy script and have it reset now. It should be okay until the new server is usable...

BRUTALITOPS
09-02-2011, 06:57 PM
WTF everyone was chilling on here yesterday and I wasn't allowed to post?!?! This is b.s. -_-

BRUTALITOPS
09-02-2011, 06:57 PM
I notice the thanks and groans are gone. I am not pleased O_O

apple0154
09-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I've never been banned, but thought I was this morning! ;) Got the same 'forbidden access' message.

I know the feeling. Guilt is a bitch! :(

Damocles
09-02-2011, 07:26 PM

they use too many queries which is cpu intensive. When I am able to transfer the site to the new server I'll turn them back on.

/MSG/
09-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I wanted to thank this post.

Minister of Truth
09-03-2011, 12:53 AM

Thank you for this useful post.

Minister of Truth
09-03-2011, 12:55 AM
FUCK DAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRUTALITOPS
09-03-2011, 01:21 AM
DOWN WITH DAMO

FUCK THE POLICE
09-03-2011, 12:29 PM

It wouldn't be such a big deal if I never had them, but thanks are built into my reflexes now. I go down to thank a trinity member's posts (those perpetuating our endless circlejerk) and there's nothing there. It's just incredibly annoying.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-03-2011, 12:35 PM
DAMO IS JUST ALRIGHT WITH ME, DAMO IS JUST ALRIGHT, OH YEAH

cancel2 2022
09-03-2011, 03:44 PM

I wanted to thank this post but obviously I can't use the thanks and groans mechanism, so thanks anyway.

cancel2 2022
09-03-2011, 03:48 PM
WTF everyone was chilling on here yesterday and I wasn't allowed to post?!?! This is b.s. -_-

I got in initially by following a link in Twitter.

Rune
09-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Damo, can you check the PM system?

I think some messages are being sent without the receiver being notified, plus one person said they sent a message wich never showed up.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-07-2011, 02:34 PM

I think some messages are being sent without the receiver being notified, plus one person said they sent a message wich never showed up.

is \\\legion/// not getting your pm's?

Damocles
09-07-2011, 02:36 PM

? Interesting. I'll see what I can figure out.

Rune
09-07-2011, 04:55 PM

No, I think it is one of your trolls, only dumber. Do you dumb them down on purpose?

USFREEDOM911
09-07-2011, 05:00 PM

Impossible.
He's constantly on PMS.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-07-2011, 05:05 PM
No, I think it is one of your trolls, only dumber. Do you dumb them down on purpose?

oh, so you admit that legion is your sock puppet. thank you.

:awesome:

Rune
09-07-2011, 05:20 PM
oh, so you admit that legion is your sock puppet. thank you.

Where did I admit that?

Cancel 2018. 3
09-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Where did I admit that?

you don't see it? can you read?

Rune
09-07-2011, 05:38 PM
you don't see it? can you read?

No, my replies are but random keystrokes by a simian.

I did not say that nor imply it.

Why don't you go ahead and show us what deluded thinking of your led you to that conclusion.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-07-2011, 05:49 PM

Why don't you go ahead and show us what deluded thinking of your led you to that conclusion.

how come you dont' realize this :awesome: means i'm joking? you're not really that dumb are you?

Lowaicue
09-07-2011, 05:49 PM

I can assure you that 'life' on this forum is greatly improved by placing yurt on ignore.

Rune
09-07-2011, 06:06 PM
I can assure you that 'life' on this forum is greatly improved by placing yurt on ignore.

Thankyou for this incredibly usefull post.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-07-2011, 06:50 PM

according to dune, that means i have bested you

:)

Rune
09-07-2011, 06:52 PM
according to dune, that means i have bested you

:)

You are a true one trick pony.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-07-2011, 06:54 PM
You are a true one trick pony.

for using your logic? wow...what does that say about you.

Rune
09-07-2011, 06:57 PM
for using your logic? wow...what does that say about you.

You beat me in a stupid word game, one time. Wow. You are the balls.

Now go plaster it all over, in case anyone missed it.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-07-2011, 07:00 PM
You beat me in a stupid word game, one time. Wow. You are the balls.

Now go plaster it all over, in case anyone missed it.

it wasn't a word game dummy. you made a claim and because you're too stupid to think it through, you pwned yourself, \\\dunetroll/// and poet. what truly cracks me up is that you thought you could pwn me, but in the end, you pwned yourself and the others. LOL.

good job!

Rune
09-07-2011, 07:05 PM
it wasn't a word game dummy. you made a claim and because you're too stupid to think it through, you pwned yourself, \\\dunetroll/// and poet. what truly cracks me up is that you thought you could pwn me, but in the end, you pwned yourself and the others. LOL.

good job!

You would have had nothing if I had found the delete button 1/2 a second earlier.

Revelle in your extremely rare victory.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-07-2011, 07:33 PM
You would have had nothing if I had found the delete button 1/2 a second earlier.

Revelle in your extremely rare victory.

:palm:

at least you admit you're a moron. and little liar, you made the claim repeatedly <-- yeah, and i had already quoted you. just another example of how you and \\\legiontroll/// think exactly alike. if you aren't sockpuppets, you retards think that deleting a post someone has quoted gets rid of the evidence.

:palm:

USFREEDOM911
09-08-2011, 04:16 AM

good job!

What's even funnier; is that after posting it he tried to delete, before any could read it and fucked that up.

Damocles
09-08-2011, 08:13 PM
I believe on Friday (tomorrow the 9th of September) I will be temp shutting down the site on this server, downloading the dbase one last time, uploading it onto the new VPS server, restoring it there so there will be no data loss then changing the name servers...

It should all work nearly seamlessly, hopefully by morning it will be mostly propagated through the interwebs and everybody will have access to the site. I've tested a bit, and it should work just fine. Including the e-mail. Then I have one more url to migrate and I can disconnect the other server. Since we'll have dedicated resources I won't have to worry about our site being so greedy and getting shut off by the server admins when we use more than our "share" of the CPU (plus the new server has more dedicated CPU blocks than the Semi-Dedicated shared server had for all those sites)...

At that point I'll turn back on everybody's favorite... Thanks/Groans.

Mr. Groan
09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
I believe on Friday (tomorrow the 9th of September) I will be temp shutting down the site on this server, downloading the dbase one last time, uploading it onto the new VPS server, restoring it there so there will be no data loss then changing the name servers...

It should all work nearly seamlessly, hopefully by morning it will be mostly propagated through the interwebs and everybody will have access to the site. I've tested a bit, and it should work just fine. Including the e-mail. Then I have one more url to migrate and I can disconnect the other server. Since we'll have dedicated resources I won't have to worry about our site being so greedy and getting shut off by the server admins when we use more than our "share" of the CPU (plus the new server has more dedicated CPU blocks than the Semi-Dedicated shared server had for all those sites)...

At that point I'll turn back on everybody's favorite... Thanks/Groans.

You are groaned and hereby summoned to the almighty court of, may his name forever be exalted and propounded with glory, Mr. Groan.

Your post is hereby duly and with all authority of the court of Groan, Groaned.

~Groan.