PDA

View Full Version : Checking out for a while

Dixie - In Memoriam
03-24-2007, 03:03 AM
I've really just gotten bored with this place. It's the same handful of ignorant partisan shitheads, everyday, beating their own drum, making the same idiotic points over and over, and taking every opportunity to dump their frustrations and daily bullshit on me personally. I've put up with people threatening my family, disclosing my personal information, slandering and lying about me, and enjoying the adulation of their little support group of morons.

It's become a little Pinhead Clique here, and in the past month or so, the two people who had some sort of credibility in running the administration of the board, have joined the frenzy. I don't enjoy it anymore. I once had fun arguing points with various posters, but the people who had integrity either lost it, abandoned it, or left. Now I come here daily to see the same stupidity repeated mindlessly, and wade through post after post of outright personal insults and offensive crude hypocrisy, without the first sign of objective reasoning or any attempt to engage in reasonable dialogue. I think I can do better, I believe there is a board out there where people actually talk and discuss things, like it once was here, like it once was at FP.com, like it once was at Politics.com.

I have some personal business I have to take care of over the next few weeks, and I will be without internet access, but when I do get back online, I am going to take a little time away from here, to explore some other avenues of conversation, because I am just tired of this endless shithole.

Maybe I will come back, maybe I won't ever have the desire to again. I don't know. If you don't see me again, you'll all know I found somewhere else to settle, and/or moved on. If I do come back, things will be different with me, I am not going to entertain you by reading your endless banter, I'll post what I have to say and leave it at that. My days of wasting time trying to reach some level of objectivity with you people, is over. I give up, I don't need this. Most of you are beyond being reasonable with me anymore, whether it's Bush, the war, or whatever, it doesn't matter to me, I know there is nothing I can do for you, and I can't find a good reason to stick around.

Now, go ahead and take your usual pot shots, I know you have to all step up to the plate and take one final swing at me, you live for that here. All of you with your pathetic little lives, who have no other means of being heard because you have become too weak to stand for your own principles anymore. This is important to you, it's your sad and insignificant existence. Oh, I'll probably drop by now and then, just so you can have the opportunity to throw this up in my face and lie some more about me and what I've said. I know some of you depend on that to feel like big people, and I wouldn't want to deny you that, you are pathetic enough as it is. Bur rest assured, the Dixie you knew is gone for good, and will no longer be the target of your daily frustration. Go find another scapegoat, or better yet, get some professional help. I'm through.

Bye for now,
Dix

uscitizen
03-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Meaness and hatred are falling out of fashion Dix, sorry you don't fit in as well now as a couple of years ago dix.
Have a good life. Seriously.

Hermes Thoth
03-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah, SOrry dix. The neocon movement has been exposed for what it is, the vanguard of the destructive "globalism or bust" movement. Screw all y'all.

evince
03-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Dixie needs to be ruduced to talking to himself.

That is about all he has left.
He will never face reality and will be living in the fringes of society till he dies.

This is very good for America.

Damocles
03-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Well, we'll welcome you back when you return. Ciao.

maineman
03-24-2007, 01:24 PM
tell her to lower her prices.... she ain't worth $20...I don't care how sweet her poetry is!

Ted Haggard
03-24-2007, 01:34 PM
DIXIE: "Go find another scapegoat, or better yet, get some professional help. I'm through.

Bye for now,
Dix

See you next week, under your new screen name, Dix!

Cheers,

Ted

FUCK THE POLICE
03-24-2007, 05:29 PM
DIXIE: "Go find another scapegoat, or better yet, get some professional help. I'm through.

Bye for now,
Dix

See you next week, under your new screen name, Dix!

Cheers,

Ted

Can I fuk U?

IHateGovernment
03-24-2007, 11:07 PM
What's this all about? The 1/3 argument bother you that much?

IHateGovernment
03-24-2007, 11:54 PM
:crybaby:

OrnotBitwise
03-25-2007, 11:08 AM
The problem with Dixie is that there's only one of him: naturally, he feels picked on. We're kind of like a teenager with only one zit. Same amount of picking but concentrated.

Okay, okay: that was low. Fun, but low. Sorry, Dixie. :(

Dixie, please don't go. You're almost the sole representative of what mainstream America would call "conservative" values on here. Topspin makes feints in that direction now and then but we all know it's bullshit.

Cancel7
03-25-2007, 11:13 AM
The problem with Dixie is that there's only one of him: naturally, he feels picked on. We're kind of like a teenager with only one zit. Same amount of picking but concentrated.

Okay, okay: that was low. Fun, but low. Sorry, Dixie. :(

Dixie, please don't go. You're almost the sole representative of what mainstream America would call "conservative" values on here. Topspin makes feints in that direction now and then but we all know it's bullshit.

If you want, I can create a Dixie-like character. Wouldn't be much work, so feel free to put your request in. ;)

I think he's more upset with what he feels is Damo's lack of support, then anything we "pinheads" might have done or said. After all, being pinheads, he expected no less from us.

But, whatever. I couldn't read the posts on that 1/3 thing, they were so boring I started thinking about suicide after reading the 4th or 5th one, and then decided to avoid it all together. So I dont know exactly what got him upset. Though, I do act very similar at certain times of the month.

OrnotBitwise
03-25-2007, 11:45 AM
If you want, I can create a Dixie-like character. Wouldn't be much work, so feel free to put your request in. ;)

I think he's more upset with what he feels is Damo's lack of support, then anything we "pinheads" might have done or said. After all, being pinheads, he expected no less from us.

But, whatever. I couldn't read the posts on that 1/3 thing, they were so boring I started thinking about suicide after reading the 4th or 5th one, and then decided to avoid it all together. So I dont know exactly what got him upset. Though, I do act very similar at certain times of the month.Yeah, there is that. Dixie can actually construct whole sentences in English, some of them with actual dependent clauses, and so it's easy to conclude he can write. The trouble is that much of it is simple repetition with rephrasing. Not only that but the initial statements are frequently just assertions of axiomatic belief dressed up as facts.

Kind of like Thomas Sowell, now that I think about it. Maybe Dixie is Thomas Sowell! That would explain much.

FUCK THE POLICE
03-25-2007, 05:58 PM
I'll be very happy to present myself as the next Dixie, that most noble and honorable of souls.

My love and devotion to Tom Haggard notwithstanding. I'm sure my mentor Dixie wouldn't approve of my gay love for him, but how can you resist a hunk of man meat so sexy, I ask you?

Ted Haggard
03-25-2007, 06:42 PM

But, whatever. I couldn't read the posts on that 1/3 thing, they were so boring I started thinking about suicide after reading the 4th or 5th one, and then decided to avoid it all together. So I dont know exactly what got him upset. Though, I do act very similar at certain times of the month.

If you want, I can create a Dixie-like character.

That wouldn't be right, Darling. You don't know Dixie. I know the young feller quite well, from our days of hitting the massage parlors together.

If anyone can create a Dixie clone, it should be me. Praise the Lord. I'd be happy to oblige.

Regards,

Ted

Cancel7
03-25-2007, 07:03 PM
If you want, I can create a Dixie-like character.

That wouldn't be right, Darling. You don't know Dixie. I know the young feller quite well, from our days of hitting the massage parlors together.

If anyone can create a Dixie clone, it should be me. Praise the Lord. I'd be happy to oblige.

Regards,

Ted

Ted you just called me darling...are you slipping? Could it be the three week hetero course took?

FUCK THE POLICE
03-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Please tell me not. It would be the worst day of my life. I'd have to shoot myself. Without even the hope...

Damocles
03-26-2007, 07:14 AM

The only thing I didn't support him on was the 1/3 argument. I was a math major, man! Well, that and undeclared war.

uscitizen
03-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Umm the torture thing Damo ?
Then you love Bush's blue jean butt too Damo ?

j/k :D

Damocles
03-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Umm the torture thing Damo ?
Then you love Bush's blue jean butt too Damo ?

j/k :D
Sure, why not? ;)

I should have included religious influence in law and a few others.

Dix and I mostly agree on issues when they deal with fiscal (one of the places Dix actually disagreed with Bush) policy and usually on personal freedom. Not so much when it came to the religious things like Gay Marriage...

Cancel7
03-26-2007, 08:12 AM
The only thing I didn't support him on was the 1/3 argument. I was a math major, man! Well, that and undeclared war.

Oh yeah, I don't think it's your fault. You know, if I were the only liberal on this board, I might get to feeling ganged up on too. Not that he's the only conservative, but he is the only out and out bush supporter. Not many people are willing to take that position, right out front anymore. Most of them will claim they're not bush supporters, and then attack any posts you put up about all of the round the clock bush scandals, as being "all partisan BS", and then say, but I don't support bush. (actually, Topspin also does this, but I believe he really does not support bush, so he does this for reasons known only to himself)

So one thing you have to give Dixie credit for is, not being ashamed to say he supports this guy. Now, I don't know if that's bravery or stupidity, but it's something.

Cypress
03-26-2007, 08:16 AM
I think Dixie's amount of posting precipitously was dropping off before he had a temper tantrum about the 1/3 things.

In the last few weeks, the only thing he was posting, were semi-trollish pieces of nonsense.

I think it must really sap one's energy to constantly be defending bush. I know it would sap my energy, to defend an incompetent chimp, day after day. Dixie's world was crashing in around him. Maybe he got tired of cheerleading for bush.

AnyOldIron
03-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah, you've taken a bit of a thumping lately Dixie, don't blame you for taking time to lick your wounds.

Spend the time doing some research; logic, epistemology, ontology and rhetoric might be good points to start.

I really hope that one day you understand what I am saying with ref to common sense, maybe time researching will make you more amenable to such challenging ideas...

See you in a week or so.... :-)

Beefy
03-26-2007, 09:53 PM
What's this all about? The 1/3 argument bother you that much?

Strangely enough, it does. He knows he's beat, but he gets pissed off when people point that out to him. The 1/3 thing, believe it or not, is a huge problem for him to deal with.

Hermes Thoth
03-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Strangely enough, it does. He knows he's beat, but he gets pissed off when people point that out to him. The 1/3 thing, believe it or not, is a huge problem for him to deal with.

Yeah. and the whole "slavery is wrong" thing. The whole "logic" thing. He's a mess.

Cancel7
03-30-2007, 07:30 AM
bump

Jarod
03-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Its hard out here for a con.

Jarod
03-30-2007, 07:38 AM
I give Dixie some credit, he is the only social conservative I have ever known who was willing to try to achually discuss his belifes. Because they are not based on logic it is impossable to have a logical discussion about such belifes. He tried HARD, and dispite the circular reasoning and the clear gaps in the logis, he did a good job.

I enjoyed his rants and the oppertunity to expose the fact that social conservatism has no place in Americna government.

He will be back.

Do they not have internet access in the Alabama prisons?

uscitizen
03-30-2007, 08:24 AM
I think he went to check out those WMD's found in Alabama, he is looking for Iraqi writing on them....

Jarod
03-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Maybe he is back in the Green Zone.

Jarod
06-05-2008, 03:46 PM
I've really just gotten bored with this place. It's the same handful of ignorant partisan shitheads, everyday, beating their own drum, making the same idiotic points over and over, and taking every opportunity to dump their frustrations and daily bullshit on me personally. I've put up with people threatening my family, disclosing my personal information, slandering and lying about me, and enjoying the adulation of their little support group of morons.

It's become a little Pinhead Clique here, and in the past month or so, the two people who had some sort of credibility in running the administration of the board, have joined the frenzy. I don't enjoy it anymore. I once had fun arguing points with various posters, but the people who had integrity either lost it, abandoned it, or left. Now I come here daily to see the same stupidity repeated mindlessly, and wade through post after post of outright personal insults and offensive crude hypocrisy, without the first sign of objective reasoning or any attempt to engage in reasonable dialogue. I think I can do better, I believe there is a board out there where people actually talk and discuss things, like it once was here, like it once was at FP.com, like it once was at Politics.com.

I have some personal business I have to take care of over the next few weeks, and I will be without internet access, but when I do get back online, I am going to take a little time away from here, to explore some other avenues of conversation, because I am just tired of this endless shithole.

Maybe I will come back, maybe I won't ever have the desire to again. I don't know. If you don't see me again, you'll all know I found somewhere else to settle, and/or moved on. If I do come back, things will be different with me, I am not going to entertain you by reading your endless banter, I'll post what I have to say and leave it at that. My days of wasting time trying to reach some level of objectivity with you people, is over. I give up, I don't need this. Most of you are beyond being reasonable with me anymore, whether it's Bush, the war, or whatever, it doesn't matter to me, I know there is nothing I can do for you, and I can't find a good reason to stick around.

Now, go ahead and take your usual pot shots, I know you have to all step up to the plate and take one final swing at me, you live for that here. All of you with your pathetic little lives, who have no other means of being heard because you have become too weak to stand for your own principles anymore. This is important to you, it's your sad and insignificant existence. Oh, I'll probably drop by now and then, just so you can have the opportunity to throw this up in my face and lie some more about me and what I've said. I know some of you depend on that to feel like big people, and I wouldn't want to deny you that, you are pathetic enough as it is. Bur rest assured, the Dixie you knew is gone for good, and will no longer be the target of your daily frustration. Go find another scapegoat, or better yet, get some professional help. I'm through.

Bye for now,
Dix

He now says he left because Liberals were name callers.

FUCK THE POLICE
06-05-2008, 11:28 PM

Bye for now,
Dix

See ya tommorrow Dix.