PDA

View Full Version : Here is a few for you Robdawg ...

klaatu
08-10-2006, 07:23 AM
From Wikipedia ...

The Right Wingness of Joe Lieberman

Gay rights
Lieberman voted no on a constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.[47] In 2003, in response to the Massachusetts ruling that sanctions gay marriage, Lieberman stated, "although I am opposed to gay marriage, I have also long believed that states have the right to adopt for themselves laws that allow same-sex unions," and "I will oppose any attempts by the right wing to change the Constitution in response to today's Massachusetts Supreme Court ruling, which would be unnecessary and divisive."[48]

In 2004, Lieberman scored a rating of 88 out of 100 by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), one of the largest civil rights organization working to achieve gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality."[47] Lieberman cosponsored the Domestic Partners Benefits and Obligations act of 2003, which provided the same benefits to domestic partners of federal employees and spouses of federal employees currently have.[47] In 1996, Lieberman cosponsored the Employee Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), which would prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.[49] Lieberman voted in favor of the Early Treatment for HIV Act of 2003, which provided Medicaid treatment for people with HIV.[47] Lieberman has adopted a non-discriminatory policy in employment decisions, which include sexual orienation and gender.[47]

[edit]
Gun control
Lieberman received an "F" rating from the National Rifle Association and a 90% from the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence.[50] He has sought to ban guns in schools and places of worship. He has voted against prohibiting most lawsuits against gun manufacturers, but cast another vote that would immunize gun manufacturers from lawsuits over gun violence. He has voted to require background checks at gun shows and against allowing guns to be sold without trigger locks.[51]

In 2000, he opposed Al Gore's position to require a license to purchase a new handgun. Although they disagreed on this issue, Gore asked Lieberman not to change his position.[51]

[edit]
Health care and reproductive rights
Lieberman supports embryonic stem cell research. During the 2004 campaign, he said, "The day I walk into the Oval Office, the first thing I'm going to do is rescind the Bush administration restrictions on [embryonic] stem-cell research."[52] He has criticized Bush's recent veto of the embryonic stem cell research.[53]

Lieberman has been critical of Bush's Medicare plan, arguing that in its current state, it does not provide sufficiently for our nation's elderly.[54][55]

Lieberman has a 95% pro-choice voting record in 2005 (one minus on the Roberts nomination to the US Supreme Court), and 100% pro-choice voting record in the year 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2004, according to NARAL.[58][59] During the 2000 Presidential campaign, he promised to not to support legislation that was being introduced in Congress to override the FDA decision on RU-486 a pill that causes abortions. He has supported requiring minors to have parental consent before having abortions at federally subsidized clinics. He voted against banning some late-term procedures known by its opponents as "partial-birth abortion".[citation needed] Lieberman said that Orthodox Judaism considers abortion to be a personal matter, although many Orthodox Jews disagree.[60]

robdastud
08-10-2006, 07:31 AM
listen Lamont is the same on all those issues, and Klaatu ask yourslef how he voted on DOMA??

Lamont is the same as LIEberman, AND he's against the iraq war.

klaatu
08-10-2006, 07:38 AM
Didnt Clinton sign off on it too ... ? Along with how many others Robdawg ..? you are just a single issue voter ..

Oh ... all of a sudden you are this big anti war activist ... so tell me robdawg ..who else is on your personal hit list ... is Hillary?

Admit it ... you are an anti-semite .. you just dont like Orthodox Jews.. just as you dont like Christians ... bigot!

robdastud
08-10-2006, 07:40 AM
Clinton isn't running for senator from Conn is he?? do you know something I don't?

robdastud
08-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Klaatu, gorgeous, ive been against the iraq war from the get-go. Afghanistan i was for, but one thing i was always consistant on was Iraq. i said that it was some attempt by bush to get even w/ saddam for trying to take out his dad.

guess you missed that my best friend is Jewish.

Hillary I don't really care for, actually on FP ive been for Feingold. isn't he jewish?? gasp!!! lol

klaatu
08-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Clinton isn't running for senator from Conn is he?? do you know something I don't?

Yeah ...I know that you were touting Hillary for President .. or have you changed you position on that?

robdastud
08-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Yeah ...I know that you were touting Hillary for President .. or have you changed you position on that?

yeah ive been supporting feingold for a while now few months i think.

robdastud
08-10-2006, 07:48 AM
klaatu i wrote hillary a letter and she never got back to me so now i don't like her anymore..

klaatu
08-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Considering how left the Democrats are going .... I mean c'mon ... if the Dems are painting Lieberman a right wing puppet...
Feingold may be the Candidate with integrity! After all he did vote against the War.. and the Patriot Act ... he nearly stood up by himself on so many issues that the Dems are now making the center piece of their platform... Yes indeed ... Feingold may be the guy ...and yes he is Jewish to boot ... which would remove the stigma attached from throwing Lieberman under the bus in this day in age of Israel bashing.

robdastud
08-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Klaatu how is it right wing when 60% disprove of the war in Iraq. and what about your superstar KAtherine Harris of which all y'all threw under the bus she gave you the white house... and you throw her under the bus for no good reason other than she can't win.

uscitizen
08-10-2006, 10:44 AM
LOL,
Rob in the world of politics winning is everything and throwing someone under the bus if they can't win is normal for politics. The same thing is going on with the Republican Gov of KY. Many leaders in his own party are not backing him for re-election. And a couple have said they will run against him.
Have you thrown you boarder under the bus yet because she can't win at bingo ? I know you would like to.

klaatu
08-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Klaatu how is it right wing when 60% disprove of the war in Iraq. and what about your superstar KAtherine Harris of which all y'all threw under the bus she gave you the white house... and you throw her under the bus for no good reason other than she can't win.

What are you talking about? And what do I have to do with Kathleen Harris ..?

Cypress
08-10-2006, 02:26 PM
listen Lamont is the same on all those issues, and Klaatu ask yourslef how he voted on DOMA??

Lamont is the same as LIEberman, AND he's against the iraq war.

LOL
Exactly. If Joe is this wonderful progressive, who is the same as lamont on many key issue, why not vote for the guy who is AGAINST the middle class-killing NAFTA/CAFTA bullshit, and against this stupid war?

klaatu
08-10-2006, 02:29 PM
So Joe was against the middle class Cypress..? did you support this anti middle class guy when Al Gore selected him as a running mate? You are such a party hack ...

Cypress
08-10-2006, 02:35 PM
So Joe was against the middle class Cypress..? did you support this anti middle class guy when Al Gore selected him as a running mate? You are such a party hack ...

I voted for Gore.

No one votes based for the VP choice. I hardly knew anything about lieberman, except that he said he would support all of Gore's positions.

Speaking of party hacks, you're spending all your time taking shots at democrats, while at the same time claiming your not a bush apologist or defender. How's that gig working out for you?

Cypress
08-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Seriously, Klattu, you've never ever changed your mind about a politician?

I shouldn't be suprised...as a republican, I'm sure you've been indoctrinated to put party loyalty above all else.

As for me, I've changed my mind about lieberman. I don't hate him. He's certainly nowhere near as bad as a George Bush, a Tom Delay, a Dick Cheney, or a Dennis Hastert. But, I'd rather have someone else in connecticuts senate seat.

klaatu
08-10-2006, 02:49 PM
I voted for Gore.

No one votes based for the VP choice. I hardly knew anything about lieberman, except that he said he would support all of Gore's positions.

Speaking of party hacks, you're spending all your time taking shots at democrats, while at the same time claiming your not a bush apologist or defender. How's that gig working out for you?

Its working out great! You see Cypress.. you can be against extreme left wing behavior and at the same time not support Bush ..(especially considering Bush is somewhat of a lefty himself) its something that you and your girlfriend Lorax fail to understand ..
You two just cant figure out how someone can be outside the circle that harbors the Democrats and Republicans, it baffles your minds!
If you want to say that Im hacking for the Independent voter.. you can do that ..I wont get insulted. :pke:

Cypress
08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Odd that virtually all your posts are potshots from the peanut gallery against dems, yet you remain virtually silent about rightwing world. They're the ones who control everything.

Odd. Since you call yourself an even-handed moderate.

klaatu
08-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Seriously, Klattu, you've never ever changed your mind about a politician?

I shouldn't be suprised...as a republican, I'm sure you've been indoctrinated to put party loyalty above all else.

As for me, I've changed my mind about lieberman. I don't hate him. He's certainly nowhere near as bad as a George Bush, a Tom Delay, a Dick Cheney, or a Dennis Hastert. But, I'd rather have someone else in connecticuts senate seat.

lol ... Back in the early 90's.. for a brief 3 year period I was a Republican .. thats it ...
I actually managed a campaign for a budding Pat Buchanan type House candidate ...he went up against a 20 year member of the House..a Dem ..and got his assed kicked. But thats about as loyal as Ive ever got ...

klaatu
08-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Odd that virtually all your posts are potshots from the peanut gallery against dems, yet you remain virtually silent about rightwing world. They're the ones who control everything.

Odd. Since you call yourself an even-handed moderate.

Im not exactley moderate .. slightly right of center is more like it.

But .. Im probably with you on the War in Iraq, the environment (except for the root cause of Global Warming), Im in total support of alternative forms of energy .. I am a bit green, Animal lover, I dont want to kill Seniors and starve children, I am first and foremost an advocate of World Peace and an end to World Hunger. I am against capital punishment and I am pro life. I am for School Vouchers and against Federal Control of Education.
The main things that disturb me about the political left in this Country is the over use of political correctness .... they treat everyone as clones of each other ... and usurp traditions and culture.

BRUTALITOPS
09-04-2009, 08:34 PM
theory: uscitizen appears in every thread, no matter how ancient.

Cancel 2018. 3
09-04-2009, 08:36 PM

lmao.......seriously

BRUTALITOPS
09-04-2009, 08:42 PM
fifty thousand posts i mean HOLY FUCK.

Minister of Truth
09-04-2009, 08:44 PM
I was about to shout at you for grave digging, again, but your comments about USC were too funny. LOLZ

Damocles
09-04-2009, 10:28 PM
fifty thousand posts i mean HOLY FUCK.
More than that, he has trolls.

uscitizen
09-06-2009, 12:53 AM

I try. I have been here almost since time began, A teseract thing.

I am over 10% of this board :clink:

Is the check in the mail Damo?

BRUTALITOPS
09-06-2009, 09:45 AM
I try. I have been here almost since time began, A teseract thing.

[x] no.