PDA

View Full Version : The Dano Shrugged - A lesson for SR

TheDanold
07-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Well gday once again. I'm sure a lot of you were wondering where I was on fullpolitics, well I never really left, I just didn't post.

As soon as SR started up this security council BS, I had no interest in staying. I simply shrugged. I've been through dealing with multiple authorities before on politicalsoup and I have no interest in repeating it. I like SR, but if you look at how he ran his site at the beginning with less rules and being more cordial he was able to get most of the politics.com crew to come over, now he does the opposite and will get the opposite effect.

I personally always felt that successful boards are those that allow the most amount of freedom, fullpolitics lost something when it banned images and it lost much more with the newer rules and regulations.
Even trolls are mostly using their freedom of expression, images allow you to show what you mean and multiple accounts allow you to change your name or have some fun. All can have a few who cause a problem, but freedom is too important to ban it for all based on the actions of a few - that is the lesson SR must learn and it a lesson for good government and for the future of this greatest country.

The Danold

Damocles
07-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Well gday once again. I'm sure a lot of you were wondering where I was on fullpolitics, well I never really left, I just didn't post.

As soon as SR started up this security council BS, I had no interest in staying. I simply shrugged. I've been through dealing with multiple authorities before on politicalsoup and I have no interest in repeating it. I like SR, but if you look at how he ran his site at the beginning with less rules and being more cordial he was able to get most of the politics.com crew to come over, now he does the opposite and will get the opposite effect.

I personally always felt that successful boards are those that allow the most amount of freedom, fullpolitics lost something when it banned images and it lost much more with the newer rules and regulations.
Even trolls are mostly using their freedom of expression, images allow you to show what you mean and multiple accounts allow you to change your name or have some fun. All can have a few who cause a problem, but freedom is too important to ban it for all based on the actions of a few - that is the lesson SR must learn and it a lesson for good government and for the future of this greatest country.

The Danold

Good to see ya, Dano... Why didn't you at least answer your U2U... I sent you one.

TheDanold
07-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Good to see ya, Dano... Why didn't you at least answer your U2U... I sent you one.
I only see U2U's when I'm logged in.
SR knew when I was logged in and I didn't want that, so I stayed and read all the havoc as a guest.

Any ideas on getting fresh blood to this site?

Damocles
07-24-2006, 07:49 AM
I only see U2U's when I'm logged in.
SR knew when I was logged in and I didn't want that, so I stayed and read all the havoc as a guest.

Any ideas on getting fresh blood to this site?

I'll have to advertise somewhere. I don't want to spam e-mail or any annoying thing like that... I need to submit the site to the search engines too...

LadyT
07-24-2006, 07:54 AM
Hmmm, I can't disagree with you dano.

TheDanold
07-24-2006, 07:54 AM
My advice is to right now u2u the crap out of everyone on fullpolitics.com to come over here. I think you need a mass conversion all at once, like how almost everyone moved to fullpolitics from politics.com at once. If people trickle over and see not too much happening, then they will just go back because it's too boring.

LadyT
07-24-2006, 08:04 AM
Well, I don't know what's going on over in Stalinville, SR's has promoted damo's site and if people want to come over they can. But I really have no more use for his site other than making snide remarks about how fcked up he made it.

Damocles
07-24-2006, 08:12 AM
My advice is to right now u2u the crap out of everyone on fullpolitics.com to come over here. I think you need a mass conversion all at once, like how almost everyone moved to fullpolitics from politics.com at once. If people trickle over and see not too much happening, then they will just go back because it's too boring.

Dano made a semi-fascetious plug of the site.. I'll take it though... Plus U2U of the members can be read over on that site.

Care4all
07-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Well, I did not think it was "just" to ban Grind, that's why I am here....

And it has nothing to do with what Grind was saying and accusing SR on because I did not necessarily agree with Grind's conclusions.

BUT the fact that he banned Grind for it and was one hair from banning Tiana for posting grinds's comments, and posting the emails of the dessenters is what got my goat....especially since there were no rules to the board other than not posting private info....then SR went "mad" and starting shooting out all kinds of new rules, like banning grind for differing with him....

It is unethical and unamerican to squash free speech, even free speech that you differ with, unless of course it truely would cause harm.....owner or not.

The whole security council thing is very juvenile, and what we didn't like about other political sites like political soup etc....imo. But I was still willing to go along with it....

care

TheDanold
07-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Well, I don't know what's going on over in Stalinville, SR's has promoted damo's site and if people want to come over they can. But I really have no more use for his site other than making snide remarks about how fcked up he made it.
I was kind of surprised how fast things got ugly with his comments. I do believe him about the u2u thing though, I've used many applications and never bothered to check out all the features and before all this, SR never really had anyone he despised enough to bother with checking U2U's, so I don't see the motive either.

The thing I find funniest is that right after we left politics.com, there was CanadianDik taunting us about going to a Conservative's site and how he would be on politics.com and never leave and know he's doing similar shit with this site and fullpolitics.

TheDanold
07-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Well, I did not think it was "just" to ban Grind, that's why I am here....

And it has nothing to do with what Grind was saying and accusing SR on because I did not necessarily agree with Grind's conclusions.

BUT the fact that he banned Grind for it and was one hair from banning Tiana for posting grinds's comments, and posting the emails of the dessenters is what got my goat....especially since there were no rules to the board other than not posting private info....then SR went "mad" and starting shooting out all kinds of new rules, like banning grind for differing with him....

It is unethical and unamerican to squash free speech, even free speech that you differ with, unless of course it truely would cause harm.....owner or not.

The whole security council thing is very juvenile, and what we didn't like about other political sites like political soup etc....imo. But I was still willing to go along with it....

care
He posted people's emails? Wow, I missed that one.

Damocles
07-24-2006, 08:20 AM
He posted people's emails? Wow, I missed that one.

He posted a couple U2Us from the "conspirators"...

Care4all
07-24-2006, 08:27 AM
He posted a couple U2Us from the "conspirators"...

But Conspirators to what?

To try to get the "SC vote" to go there way? So what!

that's politics as far as I am concerned....

and it was funny....
to me....

Care

LadyT
07-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Thats what I was saying Care. Conspirators to going along with his little retarded game? I found it hilarious that @$$ kissers were backing him up on it. But damo's pretty principled and I don't think we'll have that over here. I'm quickly adjusting to the new site.

Damocles
07-24-2006, 08:42 AM
But Conspirators to what?

To try to get the "SC vote" to go there way? So what!

that's politics as far as I am concerned....

and it was funny....
to me....

Care

I thought it was an interesting foray into micropolitics. I may still run for a SC seat...

:cof1:

DigitalDave
07-24-2006, 08:42 AM
I was kind of surprised how fast things got ugly with his comments. I do believe him about the u2u thing though, I've used many applications and never bothered to check out all the features and before all this, SR never really had anyone he despised enough to bother with checking U2U's, so I don't see the motive either.

The thing I find funniest is that right after we left politics.com, there was CanadianDik taunting us about going to a Conservative's site and how he would be on politics.com and never leave and know he's doing similar shit with this site and fullpolitics.

We left politics.com because a lack of administration. The guy just didn't give a shit about his own site. People are leaving fullpolitics.com because of too much administration. I personally didn't have a problem with it. I was hoping that the whole SC thing would get some role playing and dirty politics going and make the site interesting. It was working. We had Dixie getting into it deep, then Grind and Brent doing that 'underground' thing to get elected. But SR had a vision and it wasn't to have a role-playing environment, he just wanted another entity to help him administer the board and start political debate. I can't blame the guy for it. It was getting pretty off topic from politics. I'll still frequent the place, I like the format of it better than this still.

BRUTALITOPS
07-24-2006, 05:45 PM
I'll have to advertise somewhere. I don't want to spam e-mail or any annoying thing like that... I need to submit the site to the search engines too...

damo I am willing to help throw money down to make this a successful site.

Damocles
07-24-2006, 05:51 PM

Wow... Thanks for the offer. I'll keep this in mind...

BRUTALITOPS
07-24-2006, 05:51 PM
care4all,

dixie, brent, and i (and to a lesser extent tiana) was involved in basically trying to get brent elected, where he would then vote against measures that other security members would bring before the council.

Essentially, SR feels that you are free to vote anyway you want, but it has to be his way.

For me it was a game, I was having a good time, playing politics and trying to get brent elected. Dixie was on a crusade because he hated the SC. I had no strong feelings one way or the other, I was having fun. Brent wanted the power. Tiana wanted ck trollerized. We all had different reasons.

SR didn't like this, and decided to post our private u2u messages on the forum, in which we discussed these things.

Then sr claimed that the feature was only 2 weeks old, and that's why he didn't know about it. I then proved that he had the feature the entire time, and that's when I got banned.

It's sr's site and he can do whatever he wants, but he makes himself a hypocrite when he says he only has one rule, but really has many.

Despite what sr claims, not voting the way he wants you to is not equivalent to destroying his property. It simply isn't.

And thus, here we are.

Beefy
07-24-2006, 07:28 PM

Me too. I sold a spa this week. I'll kick down.

Brent
07-25-2006, 12:26 AM
This looks to be a good site. I'll donate money sometime, if you decide to let us. ;) I know from experience the vBulletin license is pricey. Did you buy the 1-year lease or the unlimited license? I could only afford the 1-year. But once it comes up for renewal, I guess it would be best to purchase the unlimited.

Beefy
07-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Nice avatar. Is that the guy from "Deuce Bigilow"?