PDA

View Full Version : Follow Us on Twitter...

Damocles
05-18-2011, 11:24 PM
http://www.twitter.com/JPPolitics_com

JPPolitics_com

I will use this to send out notifications about downtime, etc. as well as setting up a twitter feed for new threads.

I don't want to flood the world with tweets and we get relatively few new threads per day, most of our posts are on already created threads...

I hope some of y'all will find this useful.

You can also join the Just Plain Politics Facebook page, I will use that as well when I can for the same updates and post some of our hottest discussions...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Plain-Politics/54141548005

So, if you use either Twitter of Facebook... well, y'all know what to do.

Damocles
05-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Twitter feed for new Threads in specific forums has been created. This should feed the bots and hopefully gain us some more actual visitors as well. The feed has some followers that aren't from the site. I'll let it run for a while to see if it helps.

Damocles
06-28-2011, 10:38 PM
This is actually working out. We currently have 32 followers... Y'all could hide in the crowd soon.

:D

Buddha
06-29-2011, 03:07 PM
test

Cancel 2018. 3
06-29-2011, 05:40 PM
huffpo is following...lol

though probably a bot

Damocles
06-29-2011, 06:13 PM
True. We now have 37 followers.... I'll use it to inform when the site is having issues as well as new threads are auto-tweeted (if they are in certain areas).

Damocles
08-10-2011, 08:57 PM
97 followers now. You can definitely get lost in the crowd. :P

Lowaicue
08-10-2011, 10:44 PM
http://www.twitter.com/JPPolitics_com

JPPolitics_com

I will use this to send out notifications about downtime, etc. as well as setting up a twitter feed for new threads.

I don't want to flood the world with tweets and we get relatively few new threads per day, most of our posts are on already created threads...

I hope some of y'all will find this useful.

You can also join the Just Plain Politics Facebook page, I will use that as well when I can for the same updates and post some of our hottest discussions...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Plain-Politics/54141548005

So, if you use either Twitter of Facebook... well, y'all know what to do.

Twitter??? Organising a spot of looting? Need a new telly?

Damocles
08-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Twitter??? Organising a spot of looting? Need a new telly?

Why? Do you have one?

Damocles
10-02-2011, 08:45 PM
214 followers now. I'm pretty sure you'd be safe if you followed now.

Lowaicue
10-08-2011, 06:30 PM
214 followers now. I'm pretty sure you'd be safe if you followed now.

I was persuaded to 'join' twitter a couple of years ago. I found it utterly pointless.
I joined facebook also. Pointless. If there is one thing more boring than looking at other people's photographs I don't know what it is. In better days gone by, the introduction of the family's latest holiday snaps was the signal to go home. At least there was a limit to how many snaps one could take on holiday. 'Oh, I had forgotten those. I took them on the Costa del Fortune in 1983, only had them developed last week!'
Now: You are presented with the camera and exhorted to 'flick' through 'our holiday in Shropshire' and there are four hundred odd photographs of 'thats me in front of the church, and thats me outside Tesco's and that's me waiting for a taxi and that's me.... and that's ... and ... and....' until you scream, become a gibbering wreck and are carted off in a white van.

That's me before they put the jacket on me, that's me.....

Damocles
10-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I was persuaded to 'join' twitter a couple of years ago. I found it utterly pointless.
I joined facebook also. Pointless. If there is one thing more boring than looking at other people's photographs I don't know what it is. In better days gone by, the introduction of the family's latest holiday snaps was the signal to go home. At least there was a limit to how many snaps one could take on holiday. 'Oh, I had forgotten those. I took them on the Costa del Fortune in 1983, only had them developed last week!'
Now: You are presented with the camera and exhorted to 'flick' through 'our holiday in Shropshire' and there are four hundred odd photographs of 'thats me in front of the church, and thats me outside Tesco's and that's me waiting for a taxi and that's me.... and that's ... and ... and....' until you scream, become a gibbering wreck and are carted off in a white van.

That's me before they put the jacket on me, that's me.....

Sweet. Somebody hand him a camera, quick!

Minister of Truth
10-08-2011, 09:56 PM
How many of the 214 subscribers are Legion Twitter accounts? :D