PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Dixie was Right

LadyT
08-09-2006, 06:47 AM
Sike!

I'm telling you, more people in this country believe we are heading into WWIII with Islamofascism, and Iraq was a legitimate second stop after Afghanistan,....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/09/iraq.poll/index.html

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sixty percent of Americans oppose the U.S. war in Iraq, the highest number since polling on the subject began with the commencement of the war in March 2003, according to poll results and trends released Wednesday."

Immanuel
08-09-2006, 06:53 AM
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here LadyT. I haven't read the article but from what I understand from your post, Dixie said most people in America think we are in WWIII and that Iraq is the current front for that war. Your post says that most people in America oppose the war.

Both may be correct. They are not mutually exclusive. It is possible that most people oppose the War in Iraq because they fear it IS the next World War.

Immie

LadyT
08-09-2006, 06:55 AM
Dixie said that "more" people think Iraq was 'the right step' after afghanistan. According to this poll and many others, that is not the case.

Immanuel
08-09-2006, 06:57 AM
Dixie said that "more" people think Iraq was 'the right step' after afghanistan. According to this poll and many others, that is not the case.

I do not see that in the quote you used and I don't know what thread that was in. I could search for it or you could help with the link? ;) Unless maybe you are saying legitimate translates to "The right step" and I can see that.

Anyway, now, maybe I understand where you were headed here.

Immie

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 07:08 AM
Again, I am telling you (not a CNN poll) most people understand what we are up against. I don't know what it is with this love affair Dims have with the polls, especially after the exit polls of '04! You can throw up all the liberal contrived polls you want to, the only one that matters, will take place the first Tuesday of November.

robdastud
08-09-2006, 07:09 AM
Again, I am telling you (not a CNN poll) most people understand what we are up against. I don't know what it is with this love affair Dims have with the polls, especially after the exit polls of '04! You can throw up all the liberal contrived polls you want to, the only one that matters, will take place the first Tuesday of November.

this is why LIEberman lost his seat doncha know.... Dixie and LIEberman are onto something here!!

AnyOldIron
08-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Dixie is a fuckwit. Iraq has done nothing but strengthen the extremists.

Even his rhetoric is arse... Islamofascists.... trying to associate Islamic extremists with fascism.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 07:19 AM
this is why LIEberman lost his seat doncha know....

I think Lieberman lost his seat because America can't vote in the CT Democratic primaries. Ask yourself, who voted yesterday? In the DEMOCRATIC primaries? Southern Conservatives? Southwest Moderates? Nope... Northeast Liberal Democrats voted. Now, why did Lieberman lose? It's not that difficult, and it doesn't say one word about overall national sentiment. It does, however, complete the refutiation of the Democrats previous "centrist" shift, epitomized by Gore/Lieberman.

klaatu
08-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Dixie is a fuckwit. Iraq has done nothing but strengthen the extremists.

Even his rhetoric is arse... Islamofascists.... trying to associate Islamic extremists with fascism.

Islamic extremism isnt fascist in nature? What the hell else do you call it? Sometimes you simply amaze me the way you go out of your way to defend Dictorships ....

AnyOldIron
08-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Islamic extremism isnt fascist in nature? What the hell else do you call it? Sometimes you simply amaze me the way you go out of your way to defend Dictorships ....

Islamic extremism. It isn't fascism. Fascism is a specific thing, the amalgamation of industry and state for the purpose of the state.

Dixie just adds it to the word Islamo- because the word fascism rightly has negative connotations.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 07:40 AM

Islamic extremism. It isn't fascism. Fascism is a specific thing, the amalgamation of industry and state for the purpose of the state.

Dixie just adds it to the word Islamo- because the word fascism rightly has negative connotations.

fas·cism (fshzm)
n.
often Fascism
A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.
Oppressive, dictatorial control.

LadyT
08-09-2006, 08:04 AM

If it were ONE poll, perhaps you'd have a point. But poll after poll after poll after poll tells us the EXACT opposite of your gut. Its a tough call dix, but I'm going to have go to with the scientifically conducted research rather than your gut feeling.

LadyT
08-09-2006, 08:05 AM
this is why LIEberman lost his seat doncha know....

I think Lieberman lost his seat because America can't vote in the CT Democratic primaries. Ask yourself, who voted yesterday? In the DEMOCRATIC primaries? Southern Conservatives? Southwest Moderates? Nope... Northeast Liberal Democrats voted. Now, why did Lieberman lose? It's not that difficult, and it doesn't say one word about overall national sentiment. It does, however, complete the refutiation of the Democrats previous "centrist" shift, epitomized by Gore/Lieberman.

He lost because the base is finally waking up.

AnyOldIron
08-09-2006, 08:11 AM
Fascism is a term that originates from Italy in the 1920's to indicate political parties that combine elements of corporatism, authoritarianism, national militarism and anti-liberalism.

It is a nationalist concept.

Islamic extremists aren't nationalistic, nor are they corporatist.

Islamic extremist seek a theocracy, not a fascist state.

As I mentioned, it is just rhetoric to associate the two.

maineman
08-09-2006, 08:16 AM
by Dixie's own definition, fascism is nationalistic.... islamic extremists such as Al Qaeda are anything BUT nationalistic.

Jarod
08-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Lieberman lost his seat because he no longer represented the ideals of his constituancy... its going to happen a lot come November!

Democrats put what they belive to be the interests of the nation above the interests of the Democratic Party. Sure the Democrats will loose chairmanships... but America will gain a sennator who is more responsable to the people, one who will be more carefull when committing troops to die in unnecessary unbeneficial wars!

Cypress
08-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Sike!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/09/iraq.poll/index.html

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sixty percent of Americans oppose the U.S. war in Iraq, the highest number since polling on the subject began with the commencement of the war in March 2003, according to poll results and trends released Wednesday."

60% oppose Bush's war, 36% support it.

that puts Lamont well in the mainstream of america, since the connecticut primary was decided largely on the war.

Immanuel
08-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Democrats put what they belive to be the interests of the nation above the interests of the Democratic Party. Sure the Democrats will loose chairmanships... but America will gain a sennator who is more responsable to the people, one who will be more carefull when committing troops to die in unnecessary unbeneficial wars!

You are dreaming. When it is all said and done the new Senators will be no different than the old. What a shame.

Immie

uscitizen
08-09-2006, 09:20 AM
He lost because the base is finally waking up.

Lieberman lost because he did not wake up.
Liberals are not blind folowers of their party line like Republicans.

OrnotBitwise
08-09-2006, 09:29 AM
You are dreaming. When it is all said and done the new Senators will be no different than the old. What a shame.

Immie

Probably true, but the mechanism of government isn't entirely dependent on the character and intentions of the legislators.

No, that's not a typo. The whole really is greater than the sum of the parts at times.

Liberals and leftists have been largely disenfranchised for the past 30 years or so, in that the political center is significantly to the right of the nation's real ideological center. That's not really a big deal: such anomalies happen. We need a correction, however.

By electing more representatives ideologically alligned with the left, even if they are just as corrupt and mendacious as the other representatives on a personal level, the "moderation point" of the political debate will be shifted.

LadyT
08-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Lieberman lost because he did not wake up.
Liberals are not blind folowers of their party line like Republicans.

That's true.

Dixie - In Memoriam
08-09-2006, 10:19 AM
If it were ONE poll, perhaps you'd have a point. But poll after poll after poll after poll tells us the EXACT opposite of your gut. Its a tough call dix, but I'm going to have go to with the scientifically conducted research rather than your gut feeling.

Yes, Liberal poll after Liberal poll tells you this... over and over... and you couple that with a northeast liberal who was pro-war, getting the boot, and you think it means something profound. All I can say is, the polls are wrong.

They are being conducted by Liberals, participated in by Liberals, trumpeted by Liberals with an agenda, and thrown out there daily for Liberal consumption. The questions are worded in a way to derive the answers needed to further the Liberal action line. If you asked ME if I am pleased with how things are going, or have gone thusfar in Iraq Iraq, I would most likely say that I am not pleased at all, but that doesn't mean I oppose the war! I might even state that I think the war was a mistake, it doesn't mean I am planning to vote for an anti-war Democrat!

uscitizen
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Don't cha all know that all polls that do not reflect favorably on the Republicans are liberal polls not to be trusted. Hmm I guess pretty much all polls are liberal now-a-days

LadyT
08-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Yes, Liberal poll after Liberal poll tells you this... over and over... and you couple that with a northeast liberal who was pro-war, getting the boot, and you think it means something profound. All I can say is, the polls are wrong.

They are being conducted by Liberals, participated in by Liberals, trumpeted by Liberals with an agenda, and thrown out there daily for Liberal consumption. The questions are worded in a way to derive the answers needed to further the Liberal action line. If you asked ME if I am pleased with how things are going, or have gone thusfar in Iraq Iraq, I would most likely say that I am not pleased at all, but that doesn't mean I oppose the war! I might even state that I think the war was a mistake, it doesn't mean I am planning to vote for an anti-war Democrat!

LOL, oh Okay, its a "liberal" poll you know from the article that most if not all hte people that were polled are liberal. Ummm, okay I believe that /sarcasam off. And, Please lets try to avoid strawmen. The issue isn't whether or not you would vote for a democrat or not. It has to do with public opinion on the Iraq war which you stipulated had more support than not across the country, contrary to just about every poll I've seen over the last year.

Immanuel
08-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Don't cha all know that all polls that do not reflect favorably on the Republicans are liberal polls not to be trusted. Hmm I guess pretty much all polls are liberal now-a-days

Well, the same thing goes when a liberal is discussing polls. Any poll that does not reflect favorably on liberals (and/or Democrats) was definitely produced and tainted by neo-cons.

So what is your point?

BTW Welcome back. It is good to have you back.

Immie

LadyT
08-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Well, the same thing goes when a liberal is discussing polls. Any poll that does not reflect favorably on liberals (and/or Democrats) was definitely produced and tainted by neo-cons.

So what is your point?

BTW Welcome back. It is good to have you back.

Immie

I disagree but before I retort: Can you be alittle more specific in your assessment? When you say "liberals" who are you referring to? People on this site?

Immanuel
08-09-2006, 11:47 AM
I disagree but before I retort: Can you be alittle more specific in your assessment? When you say "liberals" who are you referring to? People on this site?

Some yes. But I am no more "generalizing" then USCitizen did. The point is that it is human nature to blame "the other side". Everyone Left, Right and Center do this.

Immie

LadyT
08-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Some yes. But I am no more "generalizing" then USCitizen did. The point is that it is human nature to blame "the other side". Everyone Left, Right and Center do this.

Immie

USC's was lighthearted sarcasm. But if you are referring to people on this site, I disagree. Unless the poll is a foxnews internet poll I don't think that is a fair generalization.

Immanuel
08-09-2006, 12:29 PM
USC's was lighthearted sarcasm.

So was mine, but you prove the point. You see USC's as "lighthearted sarcasm" but mine as a particular attack on you and your side.

Immie