PDA

View Full Version : Obama's BC pdf has multiple layers.

tinfoil
04-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Thread corrected from previous title

See post below

Dixie - In Memoriam
04-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Ruh-Roh! :D

tinfoil
04-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Actually, it's correct. I was mistaken and I confirmed that it's correct. But there's this stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g30VCl_cgk&feature=channel_video_title

Minister of Truth
04-28-2011, 12:32 AM
THREAD FAIL

apple0154
04-28-2011, 04:33 AM
Actually, it's correct. I was mistaken and I confirmed that it's correct. But there's this stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g30VCl_cgk&feature=channel_video_title

What a mouth piece! Constantly interrupting and then saying, "Sorry".

STFU!

At the beginning he said his guest was the only staff member who would appear on camera. It's more probable the other staff members didn't want to be involved in a "conversation" with the ignorant, interrupting wind bag.

Damocles
04-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Just an FYI, if somebody were scanning a document and used, either purposefully or simply forgot to turn it off, OCR (optical character recognition), this would create the "layers" you see as it would scan for text separately, then the document images after. You can tell when somebody is using OCR as various junk will attach to the text while photoshop layers are clean of the "junk" that attaches with OCR (especially the hand-written portions). This will also cause the white ring around text that you can see evident on the document.

One thing that is really telling is that portions of the document come with the text layers, you can see some of the background image attached in the "layer", if it were created in photoshop, for instance, the "layer" would be free of all of the "junk" (pieces of document image along with the text).

The way the layers appear actually confirm the authenticity of the document rather than detract from it.

Minister of Truth
04-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Just an FYI, if somebody were scanning a document and used, either purposefully or simply forgot to turn it off, OCR (optical character recognition), this would create the "layers" you see as it would scan for text separately, then the document images after. You can tell when somebody is using OCR as various junk will attach to the text while photoshop layers are clean of the "junk" that attaches with OCR (especially the hand-written portions). This will also cause the white ring around text that you can see evident on the document.

One thing that is really telling is that portions of the document come with the text layers, you can see some of the background image attached in the "layer", if it were created in photoshop, for instance, the "layer" would be free of all of the "junk" (pieces of document image along with the text).

Damocles
04-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Threedee, are you copying me?

Minister of Truth
04-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Copying and pasting, Damo!! :clink:

:readit:

Canceled2
04-28-2011, 09:28 AM
:rofl:

Dixie - In Memoriam
04-28-2011, 10:03 AM
This guy not only theorizes it's a forgery, but he goes on to say, it's a bad forgery and he thinks that is intentional. They WANT to raise controversy over the legitimacy of the document. When I first started watching this video, I was very skeptical, and I still am... but for a moment, I thought to myself... what better way to keep this in the stew for 2012? Several things here.. They know there is no way to PROVE this is a fake, beyond any shadow of doubt, and they can maintain it's the real deal, while the 'experts' go crazy showing us all how it IS a forgery... keeping this perpetuated hurts Republicans (they think)... It could also be the actual real BC, and they just gave it characteristics to look like a forgery, if you look closely. Anything is possible with this crew! Okay, the other thing... My first reaction to the document is... it's too perfect. Yeah, I know, sounds kinda crazy to say... but think about it now.. for 4 years, this has been a controversy, a distraction (Obama's words)... We've been told the long form didn't exist... we've been told they couldn't release it... they tried to sell us on the short form BC... and finally, we get a peek at the real deal, and there is absolutely NOTHING there... it is a pristine and normal looking BC. Something is odd there... why did this take 4 years to pry out into the public? If I saw something there which might be questionable or embarrassing, it would make more sense to me, I could say... well, okay, I see why he didn't want this released, but it's no big deal... but there is NOTHING? It doesn't logically fit... why wouldn't he have released this 4 years ago? The final thing, is the stamp at the bottom, declaring this is a certified copy or "abstract" of what is on record... well, an "abstract" is NOT the original document... it's an abstract, a rough idea of what the original contains.

All of that said, I am a photoshop expert, and I work with PDFs all day long as part of my job, I also work with Illustrator... The newer versions of AI will rasterize the text, and it can be selected as they guy does in the video, there is nothing unusual about that. It might not rasterize signatures, and that's why it doesn't pick them up in the video. The white 'ghosting' is also common on copies, especially on 'safety paper' as is being used in an official document. So, for all the questions conspiracy theorists can raise about the legitimacy, there are answers which legitimately explain everything. And as was often stated over the past 4 years, there will always be people who don't believe it is real. But.... that is what makes me wonder... could the Obama camp be punking us all? Maybe it's real, an abstract (without embarrassing info), but intentionally made to look like a fake... knowing the nuts will run with it, and they can say... see? we told you they wouldn't accept the real deal!