PDA

View Full Version : The Voters Of Connecticut Have Spoken

robdastud
08-08-2006, 09:31 PM
but LIEberman doesn't hear them...

LAMONT WINS!!!!

Beefy
08-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Now Leiberman will run as an independent. Doesn't exactly break my heart that he'll lose.

OrnotBitwise
08-08-2006, 09:36 PM
but LIEberman doesn't hear them...

LAMONT WINS!!!!Ha! Beat ya to it. :hedb:

robdastud
08-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Ha! Beat ya to it. :hedb:

he's such a loser

CT-Sen: Lieberman to go indy
by kos
Tue Aug 08, 2006 at 08:14:59 PM PDT
While this race isn't officially over, it's pretty much over. Lieberman just announced that he is running as an independent.

I know Democrats in DC, including many of Lieberman's allies, are horrified at that possibility. Lieberman will tell them all to fuck off. He doesn't care. He doesn't care about promises he made to them to respect the will of the primary voters.

Lieberman's original rationale for collecting signatures was that only 20 percent of Democrats would vote in a summer primary. Well, we got a blockbuster primary turnout. While only about 3 percent of Democrats voted in the Virginia primary a few weeks ago, about 50 percent will have participated today. That's an incredible number -- unprecedented -- for a Senate primary. I'll leave others to do the historical research, but this isn't normal. This is what people-power looks like, and it is changing the face of politics.

Now, Lieberman wants to stab his allies and his party in the back. It won't be the first time.

Here's what we all need to do the next few days:

1. Push Harry Reid to strip Lieberman of all committee assignments.

2. Let people know what a sore loser Lieberman is.

3. Get all Democrats -- including Bill Clinton -- to publicly back Ned Lamont.

4. Get the Democratic interest groups who backed Lieberman to switch allegiances in the general.

The DSCC and the DCCC will have to deal with the fact that this race will continue to suck oxygen from great pickup opportunities. And I won't apologize for that, because as a proud Democrat, I will help in whatever way I can the Democratic nominee from the Great State of Connecticut.

The Republicans rejoiced at Lieberman's decision to stay in. They couldn't be happier. And let's not talk about the lobbyists! They're besides themselves!

Joe Lieberman is not an independent Democrat. He needs to be stripped of his committee assignments and have those handed to real Democrats. And then we need to buckle down and finish the job we started.

This was never going to be easy. it still is not. But in the end, we will prevail.

www.dailykos.com

robdastud
08-08-2006, 09:50 PM
its absolute BULLSHIT that LIEberman will run after saying it woudl be low voter turnout... OK, BUT WE HAD HIGH VOTER TURNOUT!!!

OVER 50% thats a majority... LIEberman just likes to change the rules...

OrnotBitwise
08-08-2006, 09:56 PM
its absolute BULLSHIT that LIEberman will run after saying it woudl be low voter turnout... OK, BUT WE HAD HIGH VOTER TURNOUT!!!

OVER 50% thats a majority... LIEberman just likes to change the rules...
Lamont's going to have to keep all of those voters interested. I think he can -- helped by the fact that Lieberman's just pissed of another 10% or so of voters with that crappy speech.

The couple of interviews with lamont I've seen made him seem pretty dull and boring. I hope that's just the view from California or he may have real trouble in the general.

robdastud
08-08-2006, 09:59 PM
mbl are you a LIEberman supporter??

Beefy
08-08-2006, 10:05 PM
mbl are you a LIEberman supporter??
No, he's an ass. He puts our country second. Good to see that his constitutents put him 2nd as well.

TheDanold
08-09-2006, 07:53 AM
Interestingly enough, Lieberman scored a perfect zero for his vote rankings in 2004 from the American Conservative Union, the ONLY senator to get that far left a rating - I guess that just isn't far enough left for today's Liberals...

It is eye opening, Lieberman's defeat shows that if you are a Liberal Democrat and you deviate on even ONE issue (Iraq) then you will be shown the door out of the party, there is no acceptance or tolerance for anyone remotely moderate or not with the pack.
Democrats are the communal party of intolerance.

robdastud
08-09-2006, 07:55 AM
dano he has no regard for the process. he lost, yet vows to continue on.. and your ACL isn't gospel.

btw Lorax misses you and has a post directed for you soley on

Dem (and in quotes) "superstar" mckinney goes down

robdastud
08-09-2006, 07:57 AM
furthermore at least the democrats had an issue w/ LIEberman... what say you of Katherine Harris who R's have abandoned b/c not of any issues but b/c she doesn't have a hope in hell of winning... talk about throwing under a bus.

robdastud
08-09-2006, 08:01 AM
60% disproval against the Iraq war, and some how that equates to being super left left when LIEberman a staunch supporter of the war loses a primary?

TheDanold
08-09-2006, 08:15 AM
60% disproval against the Iraq war, and some how that equates to being super left left when LIEberman a staunch supporter of the war loses a primary?

The point is that the Iraq war is the only issue he deviates from the party on and most of the bigwigs supported it until public opinion went against it anyway.
Lieberman may be wrong, but he has principles.

TheDanold
08-09-2006, 08:17 AM
dano he has no regard for the process. he lost, yet vows to continue on.. and your ACL isn't gospel.

btw Lorax misses you and has a post directed for you soley on

Dem (and in quotes) "superstar" mckinney goes down

Good for him, what the hell does he owe a party for anyway? Do you think you owe anybody anything?
I sure as hell wouldn't let the GOP tell me what to do and never have.

Lamont is just another rich limosine Liberal masquerading with the party of the little guy. I can't believe you'd even buy his BS, don't let Lieberman hate blind your good sense on seeing others as they are.

Jarod
08-09-2006, 08:20 AM
I love that in the Democratic party it is clear...

Name reconition and being in the establishment does not make you a shoe in... especally if you go against the will of the people!

robdastud
08-09-2006, 08:22 AM
dano he ran as a democrat, and he lost the nomination, so usually when you lose like that you admit defeat and go on with your life... you saw this in 2000 with the campaigne of 'sore loserman' and he even ran in 2000 for both senate and VP. i mean pick one. LIEberman is always trying to play both sides, have his cake and eat it too.

toby
08-09-2006, 08:22 AM
That was just the primary the election is yet to come.

TheDanold
08-09-2006, 08:23 AM
I love that in the Democratic party it is clear...

Name reconition and being in the establishment does not make you a shoe in... especally if you go against the will of the people!
Hmmm, Hillary is a big supporter of Iraq war, biggest name recognition, clearly in the establishment and far and away the frontrunner for the party.

Whoops there goes your little fantasy.

robdastud
08-09-2006, 08:23 AM
The point is that the Iraq war is the only issue he deviates from the party on and most of the bigwigs supported it until public opinion went against it anyway.

Alieto
NCLB--which LIEberman voted for and conn is now suing--not exactly representing our interests

shivo... LIEberman sided w/ bush and the veg lady in Fl

sooooo many issues.

TheDanold
08-09-2006, 08:27 AM
dano he ran as a democrat, and he lost the nomination, so usually when you lose like that you admit defeat and go on with your life... you saw this in 2000 with the campaigne of 'sore loserman' and he even ran in 2000 for both senate and VP. i mean pick one. LIEberman is always trying to play both sides, have his cake and eat it too.
You have a point, in 2000 he was a sore Loserman for again contesting results after the recount.
He conceded and contested nothing, he's just moving on to be an independent, hopefully this will reawaken the moderate in him and we can see more stances like he used to do with supporting school vouchers and choice.
You really should look back at his whole record and not the cherrypicked votes and positions that the Lamont campaign fed you to paint a distorted picture.

robdastud
08-09-2006, 08:30 AM
You have a point, in 2000 he was a sore Loserman for again contesting results after the recount.
He conceded and contested nothing, he's just moving on to be an independent, hopefully this will reawaken the moderate in him and we can see more stances like he used to do with supporting school vouchers and choice.
You really should look back at his whole record and not the cherrypicked votes and positions that the Lamont campaign fed you to paint a distorted picture.

well Im going to go with Lamont, for a number of things one mainly being a sore loser like 2000 its everyone's fault but his, and you should have seen his concession speech. I like alot of what Lamont has to say with regard to Lobbiests and how lieberman has big business supporters funding him and i don't think that senators should have a fiefdom on their seat. do some years and then leave. 18 years is a long time

TheDanold
08-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Alieto
Alito is fine, Conservative judges adhere more to the Constitution. They should not be voted in based on political allegiance.

NCLB--which LIEberman voted for and conn is now suing--not exactly representing our interests
LOL. Once Ted Kennedy tacked on GIANT spending increases to NCLB, most of the Dems signed onto it. That was the real worst part of NCLB and it was solidly from the Dems, see for yourself:

"Ted Kennedy, lobbied Congress and added $26 billion to the federal education budget for the implementation of NCLB. A Harvard study contends that NCLB is one of the most unintrusive educational initiatives ever created and that it is completely funded. But Kennedy refuses to acknowledge the study from one of our most liberal and prestigious institutions of higher education. Rather, Kennedy contends that the program is a failure because he isn’t allowed to hold the purse strings. "
http://www.americandaily.com/article/692

How devious is that? Dems like Kennedy pack on the spending increases and then on top of that, years later complaining both that we spend too much and deficit getting increased, while simultaneously saying it wasn't "properly" funded (as in give us YET more money).

shivo... LIEberman sided w/ bush and the veg lady in Fl
sooooo many issues.
Who cares, so did wacko left Jesse Jackson, that cause took in the religious left too. As I recall, Care4All (a Dem) was the most passionate in defence of keeping Schiavo alive, right?
It was really a non-issue either way, doesn't affect you in the slightest.
Judge him based on issues, if you get into this "Oh he supported something Bush did, so I can't accept that", you really just turn yourself into another yellowdog dem and that's not you.

TheDanold
08-09-2006, 08:48 AM
well Im going to go with Lamont, for a number of things one mainly being a sore loser like 2000 its everyone's fault but his, and you should have seen his concession speech. I like alot of what Lamont has to say with regard to Lobbiests and how lieberman has big business supporters funding him and i don't think that senators should have a fiefdom on their seat. do some years and then leave. 18 years is a long time

Uh Rob, Lamont IS a big businessman
"millionaire cable executive Ned Lamont"
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1211197,00.html?cnn=yes

You like voting for hypocrits? :confused:

robdastud
08-09-2006, 08:54 AM
so what he has money dano..so does bush, so does clinton

everyone uses his 'limo liberal' as you say like im supposed to be 'envious or jealous that he has money.

where the F have you been anyways :)

OrnotBitwise
08-09-2006, 09:33 AM

everyone uses his 'limo liberal' as you say like im supposed to be 'envious or jealous that he has money.

Reading Ann Coulter's latest "How-To" book, I expect. :cof1:

TheDanold
08-09-2006, 12:32 PM

Not to make you envious, just to point out the hypocrisy of a guy who slams Lieberman for taking big business cash, when he is a big businessman himself. I mean who would fall for that?

Got a new side business going which takes a lot of my time. I've actually been doing it since about February, you probably noticed I've done less debating for awhile now. It's doing ok, I made about $1500 in the last 5 months, nothing great but it helps out.

zoombwaz
08-10-2006, 04:29 AM
Alito is fine, Conservative judges adhere more to the Constitution. They should not be voted in based on political allegiance.

LOL. Once Ted Kennedy tacked on GIANT spending increases to NCLB, most of the Dems signed onto it. That was the real worst part of NCLB and it was solidly from the Dems, see for yourself:

http://www.americandaily.com/article/692

How devious is that? Dems like Kennedy pack on the spending increases and then on top of that, years later complaining both that we spend too much and deficit getting increased, while simultaneously saying it wasn't "properly" funded (as in give us YET more money).

Who cares, so did wacko left Jesse Jackson, that cause took in the religious left too. As I recall, Care4All (a Dem) was the most passionate in defence of keeping Schiavo alive, right?
It was really a non-issue either way, doesn't affect you in the slightest.
Judge him based on issues, if you get into this "Oh he supported something Bush did, so I can't accept that", you really just turn yourself into another yellowdog dem and that's not you.

Except that Alito is not conservative. He's a right wing radcal who espouses "the unitary executive', a concept that not only appears nowhere in the Consitution, but is clearly a perversion of the checks and balances inherent in the three branches of government, which are what sets our nation apart from all others. Alito, Thomas,Scalia, and Roberts are all right wing ideologues way the hell out of the mainstream. Just like Bush.

zoombwaz
08-10-2006, 04:33 AM

Like hell he does. His only principle is what's best for Joe Lieberman.

zoombwaz
08-10-2006, 04:39 AM
Except that Alito is not conservative. He's a right wing radcal who espouses "the unitary executive', a concept that not only appears nowhere in the Consitution, but is clearly a perversion of the checks and balances inherent in the three branches of government, which are what sets our nation apart from all others. Alito, Thomas,Scalia, and Roberts are all right wing ideologues way the hell out of the mainstream. Just like Bush.

BTW. without the tax increases Kennedy added, the NCLB is just another unfunded mandate and pure window-dressing.

TheDanold
08-10-2006, 07:35 AM
BTW. without the tax increases Kennedy added, the NCLB is just another unfunded mandate and pure window-dressing.
Well doombwaz, they're actually spending increases, not tax increases, do learn to read.

And there was far more than enough cash after many decades of spending increases for NCLB to work without yet more.
Anyway, if you don't like it, call to repeal it, I certainly did. Unlike you who is a Democrat party whore and only criticizes Repubs while masqeurading as a moderate, I think Bush was wrong to start it and Dems were worse for throwing yet more piles of money into federal education which is unconstitutional by the 10th, I just want it gone.

Did you find a job yet or are you still leeching off of working Americans?

robdastud
08-10-2006, 07:36 AM
dano apparently is fine with the $2000 + expenses his family will hve to pay due to the iraq war debacule.

TheDanold
08-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Don't make shit up.

So are you gonna support Lamont or the Republican guy.

robdastud
08-10-2006, 08:01 AM
the republican guy doesn't have a hope in hell, so im probably going to vote for Lamont. its funny that republicans are now donating to LIEbermans campaign... i find that odd for a 'loyal democrat' to be accepting republican contributions

and im not making stuff up, the billions spent on the war costs each family a minimum of 2000 dollars...

TheDanold
08-10-2006, 08:07 AM
the republican guy doesn't have a hope in hell, so im probably going to vote for Lamont. its funny that republicans are now donating to LIEbermans campaign... i find that odd for a 'loyal democrat' to be accepting republican contributions
As if Lamont or any politician would turn down $ from any person, it's pretty rare.

and im not making stuff up, the billions spent on the war costs each family a minimum of 2000 dollars...
I meant making up my supposed support for the Iraq war, which I don't support anymore or for the last 2 years.

Jarod
08-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Funny, I saw last night on HARDBALL the White House refuses to endorse the Republican nominee for Sennate from CT. They appear to be backing Lieberman.

robdastud
08-10-2006, 08:10 AM
oh sorry about that... i guess he would accept it. but another huge issue i have is the sore loser attitude. you lost, accept that you lost and move on.

if he was going to do that he shouldn't have ever run under the democratic name.

Jarod
08-10-2006, 08:33 AM
oh sorry about that... i guess he would accept it. but another huge issue i have is the sore loser attitude. you lost, accept that you lost and move on.

if he was going to do that he shouldn't have ever run under the democratic name.

I really dont have a problem with him running as an independent. I think he will loose... but its his right, he tried for the Democratic nomination, did not get it. He has a right to run as an independent.