PDA

View Full Version : I just installed a security update...

Damocles
04-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Luckily it was an easy one, however the software has been updated to remove some of the bugs and this weekend (probably late Friday night) I will upgrade to the newest version of the software. Just my luck I pick just before they update software to upgrade the site so I have to do it twice...

:palm:

Lowaicue
04-07-2011, 11:11 PM
I am finding things very, very slow since you 'down graded' the site. I have made comparisons with other sites and this is the only one to behave so. There are times when it is OK, as now but other times when the only way to post is to prewrite on word then copy and paste.
I wonder if it might be the ridiculous number of pictures and videos that the children seem to find so entertaining or is there some other incompatibility?
Anyway, when you have a moment perhaps you might take a look. Ta.

Damocles
04-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Nah, it's been the post cache rewrite that I've run so many times. I've decided to let that alone for a bit and let the site settle as it is... the groans should start appearing when the cache resets itself and I'm just sick of looking at that code and trying to get it to behave. Most of the images are from other sites and don't take any of our bandwidth.. and you can always set it to not render images (the links are there and you can click them if you want to see). I do that because my kids are often around when I'm posting and some of the images are not age appropriate.