PDA

View Full Version : Democrats who support(ed) Bush's war BEWARE!

Jarod
08-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Leiberman appears to be loosing...!

OrnotBitwise
08-08-2006, 09:40 PM
And appearances are not always deceiving. He's lost. :thup:

Beefy
08-08-2006, 10:49 PM
If you want polarity, you aint seen nothing yet. This war is becoming Viet Nam. Partisan divisions, social unrest. W is too stupid to spin it for his party, we'll see if anyone can untangle themselves from it. But this election is a strong, hard message to the democrats. Polarity is escalating. Its becoming a litmus test thing.

Jarod
08-09-2006, 06:43 AM
The Democrats are going to become as extreem on the left as Bush and his gang are on the right!

Jarod
08-09-2006, 06:45 AM
I love the stark contrast... Republicans stuck with Delay untill after he was indicted....

Democrats get rid of lieberman because he was too conservative!

Jarod
08-09-2006, 06:45 AM
I love the stark contrast... Republicans stuck with Delay untill after he was indicted....

Democrats get rid of lieberman because he was too conservative!

I guess the bar is just set higher in the Democratic party!:pke:

Damocles
08-09-2006, 06:46 AM
Or, the "Big Tent" really doesn't exist and you must vote the line or get kicked out...

LadyT
08-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Or, the "Big Tent" really doesn't exist and you must vote the line or get kicked out...

Oh please. "Big Tent" my a$$. The Iraq war IS the issue. If he were getting kicked out for his opposition to abortion or AA, I could take that quote seriously, however when you make the wrong decision and continue to support a wrong decision that directly kills and mames THOUSANDS, you need to go. Its a matter of competency, and not tolerance for others beliefs as you imply.

robdastud
08-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Lady T you can't arugue with people from CO, from my experience they like to twist facts...

Damocles
08-09-2006, 07:18 AM
Oh please. "Big Tent" my a$$. The Iraq war IS the issue. If he were getting kicked out for his opposition to abortion or AA, I could take that quote seriously, however when you make the wrong decision and continue to support a wrong decision that directly kills and mames THOUSANDS, you need to go. Its a matter of competency, and not tolerance for others beliefs as you imply.
I would agree with this quote if the same thing were happening to the other Senators that support the war... Instead one of them is a "frontrunner" in polls to run for President in 2008.

Damocles
08-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Lady T you can't arugue with people from CO, from my experience they like to twist facts...
Give us an example there, stud.

LadyT
08-09-2006, 08:07 AM
I would agree with this quote if the same thing were happening to the other Senators that support the war... Instead one of them is a "frontrunner" in polls to run for President in 2008.

why don't you give us an example there stud!

Damocles
08-09-2006, 08:22 AM
why don't you give us an example there stud!
It is disingenuous to ignore that HillBilly supported the war and continues to do so. To say we punish those that are for the war, but to ignore one because of her name ... come on. If you can't connect the dots yourself there then you are deliberately ignoring stuff so that you can pretend your Party is perfect.

Jarod
08-09-2006, 08:32 AM
It is disingenuous to ignore that HillBilly supported the war and continues to do so. To say we punish those that are for the war, but to ignore one because of her name ... come on. If you can't connect the dots yourself there then you are deliberately ignoring stuff so that you can pretend your Party is perfect.

Hopefully the same sintentment will prevent Sennator Clinton from getting the Democratic nomination for president. Its looking better and better for my choice Finegold!

uscitizen
08-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Perhaps Republicans who still support Bush's war need to beware as well.

LadyT
08-09-2006, 09:49 AM
I doubt hillary will get the nod. She's been pissing off her base lately.

http://news.bostonherald.com/columnists/view.bg?articleid=151737
but in general in most of the polls she is leading. I'd be quite happy if Dean set the tone of an immediate pull out throughout the party. Unfortunately Hilary wasn't up for reelection this year.

klaatu
08-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Damo is right .. the big tent doesnt exist .. its get on board we are making a wide left turn ....and going , going , going ... gone!!

robdastud
08-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Damo is right .. the big tent doesnt exist .. its get on board we are making a wide left turn ....and going , going , going ... gone!!

Klaatu's little tent club bangs a hard right for Church lane.... heading on down to mandatory prayerville.

its a nice little town... w/ the 10 commandments displayed on everyones front yard

LadyT
08-09-2006, 09:57 AM

Yes it does. However on this issue need to send a message to our reps on how we want to proceed. Undying support of something that has OBVIOUSLY failed shouldn't be rewarded with another term. Good riddance.

Cypress
08-09-2006, 10:05 AM

Lieberman was a unique case: an inflexible war-apologist who is delusional about his war.

Please explain why moderate Democrats are winning primaries all over the country (Webb-Virginia, Tester-Montana) and why centrist Democrats remain rock-star heroes within the Democratic party (Bill Clinton, John Murtha, Wes Clark, Harry Reid, etc)

OrnotBitwise
08-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Yes it does. However on this issue need to send a message to our reps on how we want to proceed. Undying support of something that has OBVIOUSLY failed shouldn't be rewarded with another term. Good riddance.
Since we only allow for two parties in this nation, those tents have to be really big in order to work. Anyone who thinks Dennis Kucinich -- Remember him? -- was a wild-eyed radical has never seen a real radical. Which would mean that the damned tents are way too small.

The R's embrace the far right wackos. It's high time for the D's to make some room for real leftists. Which is not to say that Lamont is one. It's just that Lieberman is too far to the right to be considered a mainstream Democrat. He's an extremely conservative Democrat, at best, and probably shouldn't be in a position of national prominence for that reason.

The tent's not getting any smaller, it's just being moved a bit.

Jarod
08-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Perhaps Republicans who still support Bush's war need to beware as well.

Looks that way! :cof1:

klaatu
08-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Klaatu's little tent club bangs a hard right for Church lane.... heading on down to mandatory prayerville.

its a nice little town... w/ the 10 commandments displayed on everyones front yard

You're a shallow brained idiot ...

klaatu
08-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Since we only allow for two parties in this nation, those tents have to be really big in order to work. Anyone who thinks Dennis Kucinich -- Remember him? -- was a wild-eyed radical has never seen a real radical. Which would mean that the damned tents are way too small.

The R's embrace the far right wackos. It's high time for the D's to make some room for real leftists. Which is not to say that Lamont is one. It's just that Lieberman is too far to the right to be considered a mainstream Democrat. He's an extremely conservative Democrat, at best, and probably shouldn't be in a position of national prominence for that reason.

The tent's not getting any smaller, it's just being moved a bit.

That maybe true .. but if you embrace the far left agenda .. you will lose mainstream America ..

As far as Lieberman being too far right ... lol Take a look at this voting record pal ...

robdastud
08-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Give us an example there, stud.

i dunno... they have park rangers who burn down parks... then you have people who are crazy killing puppies there...

robdastud
08-09-2006, 10:21 AM
You're a shallow brained idiot ...

only retalliation for your more shallow shoddy response.. in any event there is a post waiting for you on the LIEberman loss post you made. :cool:

robdastud
08-09-2006, 10:22 AM
That maybe true .. but if you embrace the far left agenda .. you will lose mainstream America ..

As far as Lieberman being too far right ... lol Take a look at this voting record pal ...

yes 60% against the war in Iraq... LIEberman supporting it ten fold in addition to changing the rules...

way out of mainstream america! good save klaatu ;)

OrnotBitwise
08-09-2006, 10:23 AM

Brand R embraced the doctor-murderers and gasoline swilling cousin humpers. They didn't lose "mainstream America." Well, actually, they've lost part of it but they're willing to live with that. We must restore balance, Luke.

I have looked at Lieberman's voting record. As I said, he's pretty conservative . . . for a traditional Democrat. That's the all important qualifier.

Look, I'd rather leave the Dems to become the wishy-washy, limp-wristed centrist party. I'd rather have a multi-party system. That's not going to happen anytime soon, though. Until it does, the Dems need to make some room for people on my end of the spectrum. If that means pushing out some people on the right, well, tough. Let 'em go to the Repukes.

Jarod
08-09-2006, 10:23 AM

Lieberman voted on the wrong side on the war, and still defends that vote...
Lieberman voted on the wrong side on the schiavo issue...

Two indefensable votes.

Any Sennator on the wrong side of these votes should loose his seat, unless he admits his mistake and sufficently explains himself!

Jarod
12-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Hopefully the same sintentment will prevent Sennator Clinton from getting the Democratic nomination for president. Its looking better and better for my choice Finegold!

Or Obama!

KingCondanomation
12-19-2008, 03:19 PM

Does "Finegold" become goldmember in the "sintent"?

Jarod
12-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Does "Finegold" become goldmember in the "sintent"?

????????

blackascoal
12-19-2008, 06:28 PM

Please, get real.

Democrats and republicans who supported the war can comfortably find themselves a place in Obama's administration .. including Lieberman .. who Obama rescued.

Those left on the outside are democrats WHO DID NOT SUPPPORT THE WAR. I don't think there is one of them in Obama's administration .. and he can count of the subject-like weakness of his supporters to not even make a peep about that.

At what point do we recognize the bullshit game of "good cop. bad cop" that democrats and republicans play on the American people.

Small wonder how Bush could have served two terms.

Damocles
12-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Please, get real.

Democrats and republicans who supported the war can comfortably find themselves a place in Obama's administration .. including Lieberman .. who Obama rescued.

Those left on the outside are democrats WHO DID NOT SUPPPORT THE WAR. I don't think there is one of them in Obama's administration .. and he can count of the subject-like weakness of his supporters to not even make a peep about that.

At what point do we recognize the bullshit game of "good cop. bad cop" that democrats and republicans play on the American people.

Small wonder how Bush could have served two terms.
Dang.

We agree. I have to go and research something so we can disagree and the natural order of things will be restored.

blackascoal
12-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Dang.

We agree. I have to go and research something so we can disagree and the natural order of things will be restored.

Google this .. "The complete punkanization of the American people"