PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Football to Suck Again

OrnotBitwise
02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
What the hell's wrong with the damned Chargers, anyway? Maybe they wanted to sabotage the 49ers for some obscure reason. Seems to me they ought to be more worried about the Chiefs, but what the heck. So, they hire away the San Francisco offensive coordinator right before the combines. Great. Another year of restructuring and chaos.

But it's purely Pyrrhic! Norv Turner can't win as head coach. This has been proven. So not only are the 49ers going to suck again but the Bolts have just taken a winning contender and turned it into a middle-of-the-pack also ran.

Goddamn San Diego. Oughta just give it back to Mexico and teach the team to play soccer.

:mad:

uscitizen
02-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Nothing personal but imho all football sucks.

Damocles
02-20-2007, 01:08 PM
LOL! Thank the little gods, I was afraid the Broncos would have no chance for a while!

Whoooo! LOL. I can't stop!

Cancel 2016.2
02-20-2007, 04:54 PM
To hell with the ponies.... GO CHIEFS!!!!

Totally agree that the dolts just made another blunder. If they were going to fire Marty, they should have done it before they lost their two co-ordinators. Oh well, its better for the Chiefs.

Cancel 2016.2
02-20-2007, 04:55 PM
"Nothing personal but imho all football sucks."

I'm sure Curling is the only sport for you, but for the rest of the country... football RULES. Other than college basketball, nothing is close to college football and the NFL.

uscitizen
02-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Various people have various addictions and fanatacisms.
I am far off the avg curve and love it :D

OrnotBitwise
02-20-2007, 06:40 PM
If Mexico doesn't want San Diego maybe Arizona will take it. Then they could have two crappy teams.

DigitalDave
02-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Well, I'm just hoping Chud can do some good stuff here in Cleveland. Im tired of watching losers....

Cancel 2016.2
02-21-2007, 09:41 AM
"Well, I'm just hoping Chud can do some good stuff here in Cleveland. Im tired of watching losers...."

Cleveland should try to trade their first round pick to KC for LJ. They would obviously have to sweeten the deal with some additional draft picks and/or players, but they are desperate to win and that would be a big boost for them. It would certainly get their fan base fired up.

Damocles
02-21-2007, 10:13 AM
The Chefs? Right...

Cancel 2016.2
02-21-2007, 10:56 AM
"The Chefs? Right..."

Better than having to cheer for the "my lil ponies".

Damocles
02-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Right.. Instead you cheer for the burger-flippers. I'd prefer to cheer on a race horse than a zitty teen...

Cancel 2016.2
02-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Careful now... the native americans won't like you categorizing them as "burger-flippers".

Damocles
02-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Careful now... the native americans won't like you categorizing them as "burger-flippers".
Chefs? Right... They wouldn't want you characterizing them as equal to and associated with animals associated to the other teams... But heck people who wear funny hats and cook food for people don't have all that much power anyway, right?

Cypress
02-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Nothing personal but imho all football sucks.

Pro football sucks. Bunch of whiny little millionaires.

College football still rules.

Cypress
02-21-2007, 01:34 PM
This reminds me of the word smithing Dixie used to do on Iraq:

Dixie: "Bush said al qaeda was being harbored in Saddam's Iraq! It doesn't matter if Zarqawi was in the kurdish controlled north, beyond saddam's reach. Technically, Bush was right! Al Qaeda WAS within the borders of Iraq!"

Cypress
02-21-2007, 01:35 PM
This reminds me of the word smithing Dixie used to do on Iraq:

Dixie: "Bush said al qaeda was being harbored in Saddam's Iraq! It doesn't matter if Zarqawi was in the kurdish controlled north, beyond saddam's reach. Technically, Bush was right! Al Qaeda WAS within the borders of Iraq!"

crap, wrong thread.

Cancel 2016.2
02-21-2007, 01:43 PM
"Pro football sucks. Bunch of whiny little millionaires. "

Disagree, while some certainly are, I still love the NFL.

"College football still rules."

Will not argue that. I love college ball.

1) College Football
2) College Basketball
3) NFL
1023214) everything else.

Cypress
02-21-2007, 01:46 PM
"Pro football sucks. Bunch of whiny little millionaires. "

Disagree, while some certainly are, I still love the NFL.

"College football still rules."

Will not argue that. I love college ball.

1) College Football
2) College Basketball
3) NFL
1023214) everything else.

SF: I used to be the biggest NFL fan around. I loved the Broncos. I'd wake up feeling sick on Monday morning if they lost.

As I got older, I realized that John Elway was going to be making 10 million dollars a year whether he won or lost - what the fuck was I getting so upset about? ;)

So, I kind of stop worrying about professional sports for the most part.

Cancel 2016.2
02-21-2007, 01:55 PM
"So, I kind of stop worrying about professional sports for the most part."

Yeah, but you are a FUBAR'ed liberal.... who cares about your FEEEELINGS???

;)

Damocles
02-22-2007, 09:06 AM
I loves teh hockey! Go Avs!

Cancel 2016.2
02-22-2007, 09:39 AM
"I loves teh hockey! Go Avs"

I was starting to get into hockey.... right up to the point they cancelled a season. Not so much into it anymore.

TRGLDTE
02-22-2007, 10:13 AM
I no longer watch any professional sport that has cancelled a season - Football, Baseball, Hockey. Since I don't like the thugs in the NBA, that leaves me with.... what?

Men's Tennis - boring as hell since McEnroe quit
Women's tennis - Ok, it's fit, sweaty women in short skirts, so maybe
Any form of skating - NO Way in hell
Golf, Skiing, Yachting / competitive sailing - I'd rather do them than watch them.
College Football - This area is overrun with the crappy 'Dawgs who I despise.

Cancel 2016.2
02-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Trog... Football has gone on strike, but they have not cancelled a season. During the strike years, they played with scabs.

The NBA has a few young players like LeBron and Wade that hopefully more young players emulate. But as of right now I agree with you on the NBA.... too many thugs.

To me baseball and hockey are dead for cancelling their seasons and championships.

TRGLDTE
02-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Trog... Football has gone on strike, but they have not cancelled a season. During the strike years, they played with scabs.

The NBA has a few young players like LeBron and Wade that hopefully more young players emulate. But as of right now I agree with you on the NBA.... too many thugs.

To me baseball and hockey are dead for cancelling their seasons and championships. As to football, doing a scab season is a cancelled season IMO.

Cancel 2016.2
02-22-2007, 10:38 AM
three games Trog... not the entire season. Definitely not the playoffs.

TRGLDTE
02-22-2007, 10:59 AM
three games Trog... not the entire season. Definitely not the playoffs. I know it was three games, three games that counted toward playoff seedings. It is still a besmirched season, and still not a real season.

Immanuel
03-03-2007, 01:17 PM
"I loves teh hockey! Go Avs"

I was starting to get into hockey.... right up to the point they cancelled a season. Not so much into it anymore.

Funny. I used to enjoy Major League Baseball. After the strike I never got back into it. And now that I live in Tampa and we have those ferocious Devil Rays, um did they win a game last year?, I just love it again. Same thing with hockey. Being in Tampa and winning the Stanley Cup the year before the strike (by the way that meant we had the cup for two years) I have found it very difficult to pay attention to hockey as well.

Hey!! I just realized with the firing of Marty, there is a chance for the Raiders... um, yeah, back to reality... unless of course we can convince the Chargers to make another foolish move and hire that has been, Al Davis.

Immie